Post your TATS vol. inked for life

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

YoungLloyd wrote:

imma get somethin like this one

sonny_bill_williams3.jpg

pimp.gif

My boy did his... he's up in New Zealand. Better have paper ready before heading down there though.

That Tattoo is Samoan style, I live in NZ atm and have seen them do it with their traditional tools. I would never get one just because I'm not Samoan and I think it'd be disrespectful because there is a lot of cultural significance behind the tattooing method and the tattoo itself. Same with the Maori tattoos.

real talk. some of my samoan blood homies beat the hell out of this mexican cat cause he was tatted up with samoan tribal tats.
it was over the top... but yes they take offense. loll

The traditional ways the Maori and Samoans do it are painful. Its disrespectful if you cry during their sessions I think, or disrespectful if you say no. Thesons of a Samoan Chief also get full-body tats which are awesome. As far as I know many NZ tattoo parlours offer two kinds, those who are blood Maori/Samoanand those who just want it..

Originally Posted by jwalker123

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

jwalker123 wrote:

how much do simple tats cost ?

Usually its around 100-150 an hour.

thanks would have never guess that ima tat nube

$100-150 and hour is cheap as far as what I see. Also make sure to tip your tat artist too...so that is like an extra $20+ each session.

Originally Posted by dgk3188

Originally Posted by siirkus

only pic i got. i also have a cross on my right arm, but i'm gunna cover it up with something oriental.
that's sick, i actually have something similar lol.

this was when i just got the outline. its finished up now, just dont have any pics

2s63rkx.jpg

nice ink..
smokin.gif
.  tell me how crazy you felt when the needle was around your sternum and on it.
laugh.gif
. not a good feeling at all. i wanna add roses and get white coloring, but i really don't feel like sittin' through that process again.
laugh.gif

as for the rib area.. it does hurt. the most common places where tat's hurt are the chest, inner arm, top of the foot and ribs.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by jwalker123

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

jwalker123 wrote:

how much do simple tats cost ?

Usually its around 100-150 an hour.

thanks would have never guess that ima tat nube

$100-150 and hour is cheap as far as what I see. Also make sure to tip your tat artist too...so that is like an extra $20+ each session.

dang i thought i would be able to get something with 70 bucks ima save up my money dont want a %$@!@% tat

Originally Posted by dgk3188

only pic i got. i also have a cross on my right arm, but i'm gunna cover it up with something oriental.
that's sick, i actually have something similar lol.

this was when i just got the outline. its finished up now, just dont have any pics

2s63rkx.jpg

nice ink..
smokin.gif
.  tell me how crazy you felt when the needle was around your sternum and on it.
laugh.gif
. not a good feeling at all. i wanna add roses and get white coloring, but i really don't feel like sittin' through that process again.
laugh.gif

as for the rib area.. it does hurt. the most common places where tat's hurt are the chest, inner arm, top of the foot and ribs.
word lol...the pain was intense man.  the tip of the cross hurt a lot too. right at that bone under your throat. it was brutal!

The dragon on dudes arm is dopeeee

3 stars..

My mom.. my dad.. and my sister..

and we all wave terrible towels.

21b6jxh.jpg

5288.......I literally hate asian character but that actually came out good. Only thing though is my friend saw it and she said it is phrased wrong. Something to do that in chinese, you wouldn't tattoo yourself "I am a blessed person" in a sentence form. Not trying to downplay the tattoo cause it looks good but that is what she is telling that you wouldn't tattoo that phrase in that way.

And Mayers tattoo is really good. Didn't think he was the type of person to get a sleeve but it works.

Adam Levin had a crappy guitar tattoo but it got filled into a sleeve and not it looks way better:

img_0110.jpg

3022676426_511218185e.jpg

And I just set an appointment to get this tattooed on my inner arm this saturday. This will be my 2nd tattoo but will just be the outline for now and will get full color later.

a-clock-with-no-hands-61.jpg

That's dope fong, and levine saved himself there, haha.

Coincidentally I'm trying to get some flowers for my mom on my upper delt soon, to fill out for a 1/2 sleeve.
I'll put pics up of what I've so far soon!

anyone know about different type of ink? I don't know if the artists that have done my tattoos are using black ink that fades or it's just my skin but each on of my tats never ends up black... they always seem to fade to a
dark greenish color... any ideas?

Originally Posted by CJ863

anyone know about different type of ink? I don't know if the artists that have done my tattoos are using black ink that fades or it's just my skin but each on of my tats never ends up black... they always seem to fade to a

Dark green?

What kinda artists do you go to?

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by CJ863

Dark green?

What kinda artists do you go to?
professional artists of course... it's hard to describe the actual color... all I know is that it's not black... I'm thinking it may be my skin tone.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Fongstar you always talk about tattoos with meaning..whats the meaning of that skull that everybody has to you

Haha...good question (I knew I'd get called out). I guess I am realizing this tattoo thing becoming a whole homage to my non-existent japanese side that I have (I am half). I have been going to a lot of book stores in my nearby Japantown area and just kind of fell in love with Japanese tattoos, when I swore I would never get one. The skull tattoo is nothing new and nothing that hasn't been seen in tattoo art. I got that straight out of a book that some Japanese artist did (Ichibay). I believe it is a demon skull and if I wanted to be all symbolic about it....it could represent demons that a person might be battling with in their life. I am not going to fake the funk cause I've been pretty blessed considering and wouldn't even dare say I am battling demons like others out there.

Again., it is kind of a homage to my Japanese side, but on the real...I just think it looks cool.

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

YoungLloyd wrote:

imma get somethin like this one

sonny_bill_williams3.jpg

pimp.gif

My boy did his... he's up in New Zealand. Better have paper ready before heading down there though.

That Tattoo is Samoan style, I live in NZ atm and have seen them do it with their traditional tools. I would never get one just because I'm not Samoan and I think it'd be disrespectful because there is a lot of cultural significance behind the tattooing method and the tattoo itself. Same with the Maori tattoos.

real talk. some of my samoan blood homies beat the hell out of this mexican cat cause he was tatted up with samoan tribal tats.
it was over the top... but yes they take offense. loll

The traditional ways the Maori and Samoans do it are painful. Its disrespectful if you cry during their sessions I think, or disrespectful if you say no. Thesons of a Samoan Chief also get full-body tats which are awesome. As far as I know many NZ tattoo parlours offer two kinds, those who are blood Maori/Samoanand those who just want it..

As I said before, there are a lot of people that still get offended about other cultures having polynesian tattoos, my family was included.

But a couple years ago, we put our pride aside and showed love to those who adored and admired our culture. We don't take it as disrespect anymore, but as our growth recognition to our population.

An inspiration to other cultures? Yeah, I can live with that.

Back
Top Bottom