POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

I really like this watch, sadly it is 44mm and has a quartz movement.
Breitling Avenger Seawolf Chrono Blacksteel
avewolf1.jpg

avewolf2.jpg

Just a heads up, Tag Heuer and Omega are having price increases effective March 1st.
So if you have your eye on something, try and get a deal on it now before the price increase.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Just a heads up, Tag Heuer and Omega are having price increases effective March 1st.
So if you have your eye on something, try and get a deal on it now before the price increase.

A few chain jewelers are having Omega sales right now... I believe Ben Bridge or some other big name chain is trying to clear stock at 20%, though I'm  not 100% on that.

Might just be at my local mall though.

Yeah, word is Ben Bridge will stop carrying Omega because they are increasing the prices way above their buyers budget, which just means that they believe that if Omega matches prices (or becomes more expensive) than ROlex (which they also carry) that people would rather buy Rolex over Omega.

20% as an initial discount is good but with a bit of haggling, they should be able to give a better discount than that.

Well then you need it's automatic counterpart , Breitling "Super Avenger" Blacksteel
wink.gif
It's classic chrono automatic movement, and limited edition piece... The PVD is very nice on it, I would say better and more rugged than Panerai's without a doubt! I had one for very little time, i'm a big guy but have small joints/wrists surprisingly for my 250lb bodybuilder frame.. The watch was just way too big on my wrist and uncomfortable.. My Audemars ROO, Panerais, Hublot and others at 44mm's wear much better.. This piece reminds me of Panerai's depth gauge AKA (the tuna can), it's just so damn big, but beautiful...

breitling-the-black-steel-super-avenger-collection-2.jpg

Surprising to hear.. Breitling stopped it's increases, and actually lowered their prices on several pieces, especially the Bentley.. You can also find crazy deals on Panerai now, Audemars, IWC , AD's are giving 20+ % off, but it's not uncommon in rougher times.

Nah, that Super Avenger Steel is still way too big for my wrist. I tried it on and that thing should be considered a weapon by it's size alone.

As for the prices, I still haven't seen much discount on Panerais, they seem to be monitored similar to Rolexes.
20% on any other brand other than Patek is the norm, most should offer that right off the bat.
For the price increase, I read that it is due to the swiss francs value going up, it will help stabilized with the pounds and USD.
And that is probably the main reason watch companies increase their prices annually, the coming years might just mean bigger jump with Swatch stopping their distribution of their movements.

Nah, that Super Avenger Steel is still way too big for my wrist. I tried it on and that thing should be considered a weapon by it's size alone.

As for the prices, I still haven't seen much discount on Panerais, they seem to be monitored similar to Rolexes.
20% on any other brand other than Patek is the norm, most should offer that right off the bat.
For the price increase, I read that it is due to the swiss francs value going up, it will help stabilized with the pounds and USD.
And that is probably the main reason watch companies increase their prices annually, the coming years might just mean bigger jump with Swatch stopping their distribution of their movements.
Interesting, but makes sense, pertaining to the increase.. Market values and price increases always fluctuate due to different values of currency increasing or decreasing.. Haven't really payed much attention to the market and buzz in the watch scene, trying to conserve money not spend now :/

If you ever need a watch and want to compare a quote you get, I can refer you to the many people I know in the industry, including a friend of mine "The Watch Collector NY, Gil" here in NY... All credible sources that have high praise amongst the watch forums!! My buddy Riley is always buying watches for himself, craziest collection of Urwerks, Ulysse Nardin Freak, vintage pieces from panerai, omega, rolex.. You name it, he has or had it, along with the craziest AP's I have seen...

Here is my most prized possession of my collection. My car buddy had one on, and I just instantly fell in love with it... When I got my ROO "Blue Scuba" boutique edition, nothing else saw wrist time.. But then it was getting so damn beat up, I felt badly, it's out for refinishing now :/ It's a very rugged watch and i'm a sucker for sporty/rubber straps, got this piece for a STEAL from a guy on watchuseek.com ...

For a little legitimacy,... New here so it's common people would question... Martin

http://www.luxury4play.co...up-little-something.html

aprooscubamartin2.jpg

aprooscubamartin1.jpg

I have the Breitling Black Steel in the smaller Skyland, and it feels great. Posted pics a while back.

I think even at 20% I think Omega is still a smart buy. Here are my two Planet Oceans. I have the 42.5 and the Ultimate at 45. 42.5 I wear on zulu, but I bought it with the deployant rubber, and the Ultimate looks bad +++ on steel. I sold my Rolex Submariner and picked to pick up these two watches and I never looked back. Probably will get a Deep Sea Sea-Dweller when I get the funds, but I can say without fail that I am a big Omega fan. The AR on these watches are superb, lume is excellent (on par or better than Panerai), and that co-axial movement is SMOOTH.

BTW, anyone in SoCal who wants watches can PM me. My friend is the PR Manager at Chong Hing. I can get 20% off Panerai on the daily (no special editions). I can get near 40% for Omega, and around 30% for IWC and Jaeger. Cash only purchases, and only PM me if you are serious.

Pics of my PO.

A Citizen Nighthawk should be easy to find below retail. Check Amazon or Bing store for a cashback.

Nice AP iLLGT, you have any close up pics? Kind of want to see the blue in-ring in the watch.

Awesome PO's lazybone. I like Omegas and the PO is my sight but I like the SeaMaster Bond better. More accommodating to my wrist.

iLLGT and lazybone, any good discount on a Tag Heuer? My next watch is probably going to be the Tag Heuer Monaco Automatic in blue, please let me know if they carry the brand.

A Citizen Nighthawk should be easy to find below retail. Check Amazon or Bing store for a cashback.

Nice AP iLLGT, you have any close up pics? Kind of want to see the blue in-ring in the watch.

Awesome PO's lazybone. I like Omegas and the PO is my sight but I like the SeaMaster Bond better. More accommodating to my wrist.

iLLGT and lazybone, any good discount on a Tag Heuer? My next watch is probably going to be the Tag Heuer Monaco Automatic in blue, please let me know if they carry the brand.
BGL thanks man, i'm a sucker for the blue accent on the piece as well, that's what really drew me to it as well as AP's superb mechanics and case finishing..

lazybone, Omegas are great watches, use to have a stainless blue seamaster.. Shouldn't have sold it. Would love to pick up a Vintage Speed Master some time!

RFX45, I don't have any closeups of the "inner flange"... I gave it to tourneau to send it out for refinishing, should have it back soon as it's been over 4 weeks already! When I get it back, i'll be sure to take some nice pic's... Don't have a good cam anymore though, was at a track event this past summer and someone stole my Nikon out of the car, along with my Traqmate lap timer
frown.gif
Terrible.

The inner flange is a pressure release valve built into the casing though for scuba diving, very cool.. I'll never use it, but , it's there lol..

RFX45 - Only tag I like is the Monaco, and that's cause Steve McQueen is dopeness. If you are serious I can get at least 20%, if not more. I haven't seen the blue face at San Gabrile or Rowland Heights location (I have seen the black), but they have multiple stores across California and they can always send for product (just a few additional days). If you need to pay by card then go to Michael's watches in downtown LA. I know for a fact that Chong Hing sales many watches to them, and he is a reliable gray market dealer. His discount will be right around 20% off retail, and he takes cc (just not AE, but any signature VISA and you still get double warranty).

ILLGT2 - Love APs, but just out of my price range. Royal Oak is just a timeless design, and I really like the rubberclad. Hopefully I'll grab a Safari someday, one of the few white dials that I like.

PR Superman - Citizen Nighthawk is a great watch. Just grab one from eBay. Most of the sellers are legit and are selling from Asia where Citizen and Seiko are more widely available. Be aware that they may not come with a box. Don't have to worry too much about fakes. Citizen and Seiko use proprietory movements that are not worth it for replica companies to invest in. No point in spending all that r&d to sell a $300 for $50.

iLLGT, just out of curiosity, how much does servicing cost for an AP when the time comes? I know for breits they charge anywhere from $500-$1k

BgL, it depends on the work. A thorough cleaning and maintenance, it'll most likely be $500 starting.
Getting it fixed out of warranty will cost an arm and a leg though since their movements are more complicated and I wouldn't let any watchmaker fix it like I would with say a Tag Heuer.

lazybone, 20% discount is too low. I already got offered 30% but I am looking for 35%-40%.
The black Monaco Auto was on sale for 40% off at Lussori a few months ago, I passed because I had too much black watches already.
I want the blue one to differentiate it from my other watches, not that the square case isn't enough to differentiate it.

How much would that Super Avenger Blacksteel run for ?

Very nice AP gt2.

I'll post a pic of my watches when i'm back home.

30% is pretty solid if you don't have to pay tax and you can use a CC.  I remember the friend and family Tag sale had one Monaco at 40%.  I think blue is a smart bet.  That watch on a perforated brown leather is amazing.  Good luck on the search.  With the current state of the economy I think it is smart to wait.  There are some great deals that come up.

Nasdaq - Super Avenger Blacksteel should go for about 4.5k on the secondary market.  That watch looks big and wears big, and although it is limited it did not sell as well as many had hoped.  Lack of a DLC bracelet is also a problem as the rubber strap is the only option.  You can go Ocean Racer strap, but the buckle will be polished steel.

Watch servicing for a eta movement can be done at around $200 to $250 by a trusted local watchsmith.  These movements are so common that I believe most watchsmiths will know what they are doing.  If you have an in-house movement I would still shop around before I send it to the maker.  For Rolex and Patek I know a guy in Taiwan that can do it for about a quarter of what Patek will charge, and he has certifications from both makers.  My friend's 8-day IWC Portuguese needed servicing and it was $800, that was about a tenth of what he paid.  Breitlings mainly use eta movements and should be easy and less costly to service.  But, there is a big difference between a cleaning and a service, so make sure to ask.

I would wait but with Tag increasing prices on March 1st, I have to try and jump on it now or else I'd end up paying more.
Using American Express is the best way to buy watches, they double the warranty on it and they will help you if anything happens.
And since I always buy cash anyways, I just use AMEX and pay it all off right away and I am covered for anything that happens in the watch.

Tourneaus half yearly sale is coming to CA on March and the one in NY just ended with 50% off deals on IWC, Breitlings and other watches.
I checked though, no Monaco so I rather jump on it now than wait if a Monaco appears on that sale.
I'l still check out the sale though as I wouldn't mind getting a Breitling, especially at 50% off retail.

I would wait but with Tag increasing prices on March 1st, I have to try and jump on it now or else I'd end up paying more.
Using American Express is the best way to buy watches, they double the warranty on it and they will help you if anything happens.
And since I always buy cash anyways, I just use AMEX and pay it all off right away and I am covered for anything that happens in the watch.

Tourneaus half yearly sale is coming to CA on March and the one in NY just ended with 50% off deals on IWC, Breitlings and other watches.
I checked though, no Monaco so I rather jump on it now than wait if a Monaco appears on that sale.
I'l still check out the sale though as I wouldn't mind getting a Breitling, especially at 50% off retail.

Tourneaus half yearly sale sucks.  A bunch of stuff that I would not wear.  I was at the NYC last year and there was a nice white face IWC Mark VII, everything else was a disappointment. 

If they offer 30%, no tax, and let you use AE, then I would jump on the deal. 

RFX45 and lazybonejone, thanks for the help. lazybonejone, any chance you recall someone on ebay that you've pruchased from? Thanks again

Lazybone, save up those pennies man, prices are at their all time low.. Rubberclads are in the 9's right now, I want one badly, but in all honesty I cannot see spending that coin on another watch... It took me a while to bite the bullet on my panerai, let alone when it came down to the AP at double the price... Besides, I think my next piece when the time comes will be a Jaeger Master Compressor, or World Extreme Alarm LE with the blue accents, yes i'm a sucker for blue lol...

BGL, as FX45 said it really depends on what "maintenance" work you are getting done or talking about.. I just wanted a refinishing and mechanism maintenance check, pretty basic.. Tourneau quotes "200-600 dollars" if you go in there.. In my case, it was on the higher end all said and done, at 500-600 for the AP, with a 4-8 week turnaround time.. I hate waiting
frown.gif
I have a service plan for 2 years on my Panerai through tourneau and and AP, use to work for Tourneau Inc a long time ago, but still kept ties with everyone, so I get taken care of nicely!

Nasdaq, thanks man!!

Pretty much 30% off, no tax and free overnight shipping, once they get it from the distributor that is.

I heard the Tourneau sale this year wasn't that bad. I read that there was a Rose Gold Portuguese Chrono with a black dial and that is one of my grails.
If I see that on the CA sale in March, I don't think I'll be able to control myself and jump on it.
Info for those in CA:

March 10th through March 14th

Sofitel Los Angeles

8555 Beverly Boulevard

Credit Cards Only

(American Express, Visa or MasterCard)

All Sales Final.

Can anyone shed a little info on this Omega?
It was grandfathers and it was given to me recently by my uncle.

I dont know how old it is, worth, model name, anything lol

2ch41dv.jpg

iypftc.jpg

35d5npl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom