POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by RFX45

A Citizen Nighthawk should be easy to find below retail. Check Amazon or Bing store for a cashback.

Nice AP iLLGT, you have any close up pics? Kind of want to see the blue in-ring in the watch.

Awesome PO's lazybone. I like Omegas and the PO is my sight but I like the SeaMaster Bond better. More accommodating to my wrist.

iLLGT and lazybone, any good discount on a Tag Heuer? My next watch is probably going to be the Tag Heuer Monaco Automatic in blue, please let me know if they carry the brand.
Oops missed this.. I will drop my friend an email and see what he says about the Tag, and then let you know!! He will give me the best/reliable source for it if he cannot get it..

tommycap, if you don't mind I will post those Omega pic's up on one of my car forums ... These guy's have outstanding collections, and even more so in knowledge... They will definitely be able to tell me about it.

Also, I advise you not to sell it regardless of the value it may have.. Because it's monetary value surly cannot replace it's history throughout your family, and that has no price attached!

Appreciate the help iLLGT.
More Pre-Basel watches:

TAG-Heuer Carrera Caliber 1887 Chronograph

t1887.jpg

Tissot Sailing Touch

seatoucha.jpg

seatouchb.jpg

Porsche Design Heritage P6530

p6530.jpg

p6530a.jpg

Victorinox Swiss Army Dive Master 500 Black Ice Chronograph

divemchron.jpg

Eterna Madison Eight Days Spherodrive

sphero1.jpg

sphero2.jpg

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

luxiry4play is a dope site...i lurk it when i feel like dreaming

good post GT2

FX45 you got it, when he gets back to me i'll put him in contact with you directly, i'll send you a message with all of the details!

110th thanks man.. L4P is growing at a rapid rate, not really into all of the new comers and such.. It used to be a good 20-30 of us from back in the day on 6speedonline.com, Porsche forum mainly that developed as a "lifestyle" forum as well as other Marques of cars.. Then they branched out and created their own once 6speed was bought out and changed!

I still stay in contact with the owners of L4p and kick it when they are in NY, all good cool people despite what many see at first glance on there. Everyone is damn humble and down to earth, definitely a tight knit community
smile.gif

BTW Knick the owner of l4p is not just a big car/watch enthusiast, but has one of the sickest sneaker collections as well!!!!!!

i went from a fossil, now im at Nixon, next up is gonna be a Tag.
This watch goes with everything, t-shirts, polos, button-ups, suits, its a all-a-rounder
pimp.gif
ou19j4.jpg

14nlkww.jpg

jq15s4.jpg

Im about to buy that same all black nixon 51-30 chrono (but with the black steel band). Great looking watch, but i was wondering if anyone knows how durable the black coating is.

Anyone?

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Im about to buy that same all black nixon 51-30 chrono (but with the black steel band). Great looking watch, but i was wondering if anyone knows how durable the black coating is.

Anyone?
I've had mine for like 3 weeks, banged it up on walls & everything, but the coating on the dial & knobs is still PERFECT .
btw, hella compliments all day.

Nixon has a great following even on the most elite watch forums.. Their PVD coating and quality is definitely above par, I wouldn't worry about i!

I can't tell if I like this style of watch, or freakin hate it.  It's definitely one of the two.  What yall think?

41lgxmrzPcL._SS400_.jpg

51Y9jOOGDZL._SS400_.jpg

I don't like how they did the numerals, they tried to be different and I get it but it just doesn't work to me.
Who makes it?

Good stuff on keeping this thread alive fella's. I need to start checking out some of those other watch forums (when I have time). I'm in the market for a Nautilus SS Chrono. IllGT2 and RX, how you guys like that watch? For me, The attraction of them bringing back a classic design and it having a nice feel on my wrist. I'm tired of the 42mm and up watches.

i remember someone saying something about maintenance...since you obviously dont go by mileage do you go by hours passed?

i would guess like every 10,000 hours...is that right?

nothing too fancy, but what are your comments bout these Technomarines.
how do jelly straps hold up?

Technomarine Cruise

for their price, what could be a better alternative? tia

i remember someone saying something about maintenance...since you obviously dont go by mileage do you go by hours passed?

I was told you go by years.

Blasdiaz, i've had a Technomarine for about ten years on a black Jelly strap..It's my beater watch, it's super durable, and as a matter of fact I just had it on shoveling snow outta my driveway this morning.  Still looks brand new after all that time, and for some reason I get more compliments on that than any of my other watches.   Go figure.

I was told you go by years.
It is by years and typically only for watches that have movements (mechanicals, automatics) although some high end quartz watches are recommended for service also.  Typically it's 3 to 5 years.  I've been told if I wear the watch and keep it wound..5 is fine.  If it is seldom worn and seldom wound 3. 

Originally Posted by DC ShoeDon

Good stuff on keeping this thread alive fella's. I need to start checking out some of those other watch forums (when I have time). I'm in the market for a Nautilus SS Chrono. IllGT2 and RX, how you guys like that watch? For me, The attraction of them bringing back a classic design and it having a nice feel on my wrist. I'm tired of the 42mm and up watches.

You have stellar taste my friend! I myself , thought 15k was a stretch to spend on a watch, that at double is just nutty.. PRICE ASIDE, Patek is one of those manufacturers unmatched by any other, people don't see the value in it because of their simplicity, but they could not be more wrong.. There is nothing simple about Patek, and especially their movements and man hours put into their watches! On that note, I love it! And the size flows well on my wrist as well, I like my bigger watches but after wearing a 42mm from 44-45mm it just wears really well! I have a Cartier that I have had for a LONG time, very nice piece and it's so small it feels odd, but it's actually "normal".. Well I guess maybe not by todays standards LMAO, the biggest fad is like 48mm watches on up, wont see me wearing one!

Check out this piece, the Patek Aquanaut.. This is my buddy Jim's, another car friend, when I saw this piece? Jaw dropped, so beautiful! (again i'm a sucker for rubber straps) this watch can only be appreciated in person, pic's do no justice! BTW did I mention, he has a Nautilus to match??
wink.gif
Nutty collection, you have to see the others! If there is anything you would like to know about the watch that I obviously couldn't tell you from experience, I can ask him for you...
3178278462_2fc033f2a9_b.jpg

3180356624_25c7f69949_b.jpg

3179519273_b4477d1067_b.jpg

2866897284_b7f2d613f7_o.jpg

3088224659_7e20751d96_o.jpg

Iceberg : Congrats!!! Omegas are really awesome watches, such a great great value, not to mention beautiful!

Across : Porsche Racecars log wear by "hours", and well other racecars and boats as well, not watches
wink.gif
Watches usually go by years as mentioned...

Thanks iLL, beautiful was the first word that popped in my mind when I saw it in the display case lol.  And I agree, in the luxury watch world, it's hard to find a better value than Omega. That Patek you have is crazy, i'll make it there one day.

Good to see this thread going strong!

That's a beautiful Omega tommycap06. As mentioned, I would hold on to that regardless of its value. And nice keyboard too...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom