POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

i remember someone saying something about maintenance...since you obviously dont go by mileage do you go by hours passed?

i would guess like every 10,000 hours...is that right?

I was told you go by years.

It is by years and typically only for watches that have movements (mechanicals, automatics) although some high end quartz watches are recommended for service also.  Typically it's 3 to 5 years.  I've been told if I wear the watch and keep it wound..5 is fine.  If it is seldom worn and seldom wound 3. 

To be honest, I wouldn't go by years but by function and performance instead. If you start seeing the watch gain or lose a minutes or two a day, or it just completely stops working (whether it stops or the chrono stops working), then maybe it is time for a service. There are watches out there that never get serviced for a decade or two and still functions well. As a pre-cautionary advice, if nothing wrong and the watch runs smoothly without a problem, I'd get the watch serviced every 10 years. That is a personal choice/advice though, most watch manufacturers suggest 3-5 years, Omega suggest every 7 years iirc.

Also, more nice Tissot on the way:
Tissot PRS 516 Automatic Chronograph

tpr516.jpg

Timeparadise on eBay is a solid dealer for Citizen Nighthawk.  I have friend buy Seiko 5s from them.

ILL - Rolex DSSD is what I am really looking at right now.  It's right around my budget at 8k on the secondary market.  I wouldn't mind a Master Compressor either, and I have been salivating over the SEAL collection.  What kind of PAM do you have?  I had a 112 and eventually sold it.  Thinking of picking up a zero for 3500 through my friend's discount.

RFX45 - What do you think of Longines?  I think they have been slept on, but they are coming back with some good designs.  Really liking that Master's collection.  Tissot pics are nice.  I think they are on their way up too.

Originally Posted by lazybonejone

Timeparadise on eBay is a solid dealer for Citizen Nighthawk.  I have friend buy Seiko 5s from them.

ILL - Rolex DSSD is what I am really looking at right now.  It's right around my budget at 8k on the secondary market.  I wouldn't mind a Master Compressor either, and I have been salivating over the SEAL collection.  What kind of PAM do you have?  I had a 112 and eventually sold it.  Thinking of picking up a zero for 3500 through my friend's discount.

RFX45 - What do you think of Longines?  I think they have been slept on, but they are coming back with some good designs.  Really liking that Master's collection.  Tissot pics are nice.  I think they are on their way up too.
Must say, DSSD along with the GMT II Ceramic are the ONLY Rolex's I would ever own.. Well and a nice vintage Daytona, or a Zenith movement serial Daytona!!! DSSD is NICE on, real nice feel, classic look and an overall solid watch! IMO, I would take so many others way before this, as you said Master Compressor being far ahead! I also want an IWC Big Ingenieur , look into those, they are stunning in person and also wear and feel so great on!

I have a Panerai 162, first in house chrono movement Panerai (first two pic's, one on an orange/tan calf strap then the rubber, 2 awesome looks), and a 286 Rattrapante "Flyback", LE 500 pcs made, my first Panerai and again, as weird as it sounds what drew me to it was that blue second hand (not to mention waffle dial and overall look lol) The last one is the 332, I do not own this but want it BADLY! It is basically the updated 2009 version of mine which was 2006-2007, and it came in PVD as the picture shoes (as well as stainless PAM 308) also 500 made!
origf.jpg

panerai162.jpg

pc120001.jpg

PAM332.jpg

Love the Flyback, and it has the Fiddy case! I had a Rolex Sub and just thought it was too small, and then my friend showed me his DSSD and I just like how it has a tool watch look, while still being a Rollie. I am still about 3k away that was why I was looking at getting a Pam 000. As much as I loathed the price you pay for an simple 6497 movement I cannot deny the look and appeal of the watch.

Your 162 is also a nice looker. Those subdials contrast beautifully.

Never really looked into Pam Chronos with the exception of the Flyback (just love that function), but I was offered a 326 on blue gator, rubber, and one more OEM strap for 7600. Was going to bite if it was the bracelet, but not a huge fine of the blue face. If you are ever interested in the 326 just let me know.

I like Panerais but I have given up on them. Even their smallest one is too big for my wrist.

Lognines is nice, I am still waiing for the Silver Arrow, it might be out by now. I am afraid of what Swatch got planned for Longines though. 

They might be increasing prices on their watches all around (starting with Omega) to try and compete with other mid-level watches like Tag Heuer (omega trying to compete with Rolex).

So we'll have to see where the brand holds in the future. 

Tissot is right there too and if you check the Swatch Group website, they have Tissot on middle range adn Longines on High Range w/ Omega on Prestige/Luxury range.

Originally Posted by ConcordeFliteSchool

where can i find that black tissot posted above?
It is not out yet, it will probably release later on this year.

Man RFX I can't thank you enough..every post you're in you give some pretty damn good info. From the high end designer threads to the watch thread you always come through.

went in to the jewelry mart to get some batteries change for my wifes cheap watch and the watch lady had a nice tag carrera blue face, so i look at the price and it said 3400, when i saw the price she told me "oh if you take now, ill give to you for 1800." so my question is to rfx is it a good price.

Yo RFX, what kind of watch is that in the Dressing Better thread.  It's quoted about 10x in the last couple pages
happy.gif

Love the Flyback, and it has the Fiddy case! I had a Rolex Sub and just thought it was too small, and then my friend showed me his DSSD and I just like how it has a tool watch look, while still being a Rollie. I am still about 3k away that was why I was looking at getting a Pam 000. As much as I loathed the price you pay for an simple 6497 movement I cannot deny the look and appeal of the watch.

Your 162 is also a nice looker. Those subdials contrast beautifully.

Never really looked into Pam Chronos with the exception of the Flyback (just love that function), but I was offered a 326 on blue gator, rubber, and one more OEM strap for 7600. Was going to bite if it was the bracelet, but not a huge fine of the blue face. If you are ever interested in the 326 just let me know.
Thanks man! You have to see the 286 on my CF weave strap with blue stitch, i'll post up pic's when I get home, what an awesome look! The 162 is also pretty unique, was the first chrono I saw that I actually loved on a panerai, definitely out of the norm for them!

In all, I like Panerai for their timeless/simple design, probably why I am a Porsche freak as well.. One thing Porsche doesn't have in common though with Panerai is, world class leading technology behind them
tongue.gif
Panerai's with the exception of the crazy pieces (Tourbillons , 8 day rattrapantes, some of the split seconds power reserves and chronos) they are just basic, and not worth the price the market has determined and demanded out of them! I also don't like how it became almost like a "fashion" piece or more of a fad watch, everyone wanting one but hey it happens with almost everything!

BTW that 326 is pretty nice, I just wouldn't wear a blue dial watch, not to mention I hate titanium pieces.. As high quality they are, some tend to scratch easily (oddly enough considering their strength) and they almost feel FAKE on, like no weight to them lol..

I will post up a bunch of pieces for you to consider in your price range later tonight, as I must get back to work now that my snow day is over
tongue.gif

FX45 interesting info about Longines.. Never really looking into it, but I always appreciated them!

BGL, I can see RFX's knowledge pertaining to watches, he has taught me a few things on current updates and event already, thanks as well
smile.gif

Last but not least, FX, I am still waiting to hear back from my buddy Gil, he will come through with the best reliable source.. And lazybone, when you are ready to pull the trigger on whichever piece you decide on, I will also help you get the best example for your dollar, bar none.

Just bought my wife a Cartier Roadster today.  Mens version, no chrono.  She wanted it big but didn't want the chrono.  Looks like this:

0417122683262R_300x400.jpg

I'm still rocking this (Pasha 38mm).  The exhibition back is the sickest:

552.jpg

7536b

The only other watch I'd really consider getting right now (that is attainable) is this, but I don't feel like spending another $8-10k (Rolex Daytona Cosmograph):

rolex_cosmograph_daytona.jpg

I'm just trying to help out and contribute to the NT community.
HOVKid, that is a nice watch you got your wife. The only drawback is being a quartz, assuming you purchased the ladies version of course.

I still want a Pasha Seatimer though... 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by elgrenas

went in to the jewelry mart to get some batteries change for my wifes cheap watch and the watch lady had a nice tag carrera blue face, so i look at the price and it said 3400, when i saw the price she told me "oh if you take now, ill give to you for 1800." so my question is to rfx is it a good price.
Is it brand new? The only blue Carrera I could think of is the Tachy Chrono, but it retails $3,200, this one:

movadobaby_2094_104823212

If it is that one and it is brand new, that is 44% off retail (from $3,200) or 47% off what the store told you ($3,400), which is a pretty good deal either way. It would be a plus if they are an Authorized Dealer too and would waive the tax but that price isn't bad at all. Just make sure it is brand new and the serials isn't sratched off.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Yo RFX, what kind of watch is that in the Dressing Better thread.  It's quoted about 10x in the last couple pages
happy.gif
The silver dialed one? If so, that one is the IWC Spitfire.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Just bought my wife a Cartier Roadster today.  Mens version, no chrono.  She wanted it big but didn't want the chrono.  Looks like this:

0417122683262R_300x400.jpg

I'm still rocking this (Pasha 38mm).  The exhibition back is the sickest:

552.jpg

7536b
nice pick up and daily watch HOV

Originally Posted by RFX45

I'm just trying to help out and contribute to the NT community.
HOVKid, that is a nice watch you got your wife. The only drawback is being a quartz, assuming you purchased the ladies version of course.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by elgrenas

Is it brand new? The only blue Carrera I could think of is the Tachy Chrono, but it retails $3,200, this one:

movadobaby_2094_104823212

If it is that one and it is brand new, that is 44% off retail (from $3,200) or 47% off what the store told you ($3,400), which is a pretty good deal either way. It would be a plus if they are an Authorized Dealer too and would waive the tax but that price isn't bad at all. Just make sure it is brand new and the serials isn't sratched off.

happy.gif
that one exactly. she is getting rid of her inventory cause she is retiring next month due to the economy.

tpr516.jpg

Reminds me of this old PR516 I have...it was my wife's grandfathers, given to me when he passed away:

happy.gif

this one
fit_110.jpg

tpr516.jpg

so the one on the right comes out later this year?  I was looking at the one below, but I think I'll wait for the black one above
51LgeGOl0UL._SS500_.jpg

I buy and resell watches as a hobby, always updating my collection.. just picked this up, and i am still undecided. (sidebar: the ignorance in this thread is on par for NT..so good job)
tumblr_kxp62jiPIK1qzswyxo1_500.jpg

happy.gif

this one
fit_110.jpg

That is a Hublot Big Bang Classic, Black Ceramic to be precise.. My buddy Riley is selling this exact watch but the Classic Fusion Zirconium and Ceramic for under 5k, 8700 msrp!!

RFX45 - Thanks for dropping that info on Swatch group. I like the look of the Carrera, but I hate how Tag doesn't AR their crystals. After owning Breits, IWC, PAMs, and Omegas I can't understand why any reputable company will skimp on AR.

Ill - Thanks for offering to help. Since Chong Hing isn't an AD for Rollie I might just hit you up. I'm with you on titanium. My friend has a 176 and I can't stand the weight. Scratches are cool though cause oxidation fixes it, but still like the heft on my timepieces.

HovKid - Nice Roadster! Pasha is too small for my taste, but definitely see the appeal of a nice dress watch. Will cop a Tank for my gf around Christmas just need to figure out the size.

Here's a pic of my Breit Skyland Blacksteel. Someone PM asking about it, so here you go. Can't take any more pictures as this was sold and is long gone. As much as I like the look of DLC watches (or PVD) they really don't go with much, and it often becomes a novelty.

tired.gif

Nope, I got her the men's version (she wanted a chunky watch).  It's an automatic.

Personally, I wanted her to get the chrono, but she didn't like all the dials and just wanted something clean.

Originally Posted by iLLGT2

happy.gif

this one

That is a Hublot Big Bang Classic, Black Ceramic to be precise.. My buddy Riley is selling this exact watch but the Classic Fusion Zirconium and Ceramic for under 5k, 8700 msrp!!

Yup, thats the Hublot Big Bang Classic Fusion All Black, which is limited to 500 pieces made.
 iLLGT, your friends is the 45mm version though, mine is the 42mm which has a date feature and a showcase back. 

I chose the 42mm version for the simple fact that 42mm fits better my wrist better, I like seeing the movement once in a while and the date function helps out a bit. 
Originally Posted by HOVKid

tired.gif

Nope, I got her the men's version (she wanted a chunky watch).  It's an automatic.

Personally, I wanted her to get the chrono, but she didn't like all the dials and just wanted something clean.

Good to hear but if it was me, If I had a wife and bought here something like that, i'll find myself wearing that watch more than my wife. 
laugh.gif

She has good taste though.

Also, iLLGT, a\if your Rolex AD can get a 205 discount on an Explorer I or GMT IIC, let me know.
Rolex is the only watch I can't get a good discount on. AD's keep offering me 5%-10% off or just take off tax.
The best one I've been offered on the Explorer I in V-Serial is 19% w/o tax and free shipping but I still feel I could/should do better than that.

Back
Top Bottom