POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by iLLGT2

BGL, I can see RFX's knowledge pertaining to watches, he has taught me a few things on current updates and event already, thanks as well
smile.gif

Last but not least, FX, I am still waiting to hear back from my buddy Gil, he will come through with the best reliable source.. And lazybone, when you are ready to pull the trigger on whichever piece you decide on, I will also help you get the best example for your dollar, bar none.
I appreciate yours and others insight as well...hardly do we ever see anyone post up a AP if ever on NT.  btw holla at me if you can get good discounts on pams

I've always liked the Omega Aqua Terra and I wish they didn't increase the price when they upgraded the co-axial movement, but I never appreciated the newer one with the deck dial until i saw these pics.
*Pics and watch not mine*

4177905697_458a929584.jpg
4177907545_65d8176653.jpg

4177925051_691b0e1728.jpg
4178909509_cbe922977b.jpg

4276211199_350fa6b1de.jpg
4276225431_1c5f7d6bf1.jpg

That new co-axial 8500!!! 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

4177922073_0d6d35198f.jpg
4178695180_e21a7fe0bd.jpg

Originally Posted by lazybonejone

RFX45 - Thanks for dropping that info on Swatch group. I like the look of the Carrera, but I hate how Tag doesn't AR their crystals. After owning Breits, IWC, PAMs, and Omegas I can't understand why any reputable company will skimp on AR.

Ill - Thanks for offering to help. Since Chong Hing isn't an AD for Rollie I might just hit you up. I'm with you on titanium. My friend has a 176 and I can't stand the weight. Scratches are cool though cause oxidation fixes it, but still like the heft on my timepieces.

HovKid - Nice Roadster! Pasha is too small for my taste, but definitely see the appeal of a nice dress watch. Will cop a Tank for my gf around Christmas just need to figure out the size.

Here's a pic of my Breit Skyland Blacksteel. Someone PM asking about it, so here you go. Can't take any more pictures as this was sold and is long gone. As much as I like the look of DLC watches (or PVD) they really don't go with much, and it often becomes a novelty.
I really really love that piece.. Like you, I had mine for a short period of time, as I said earlier in my posts they are just wayyyyy too big and bulky!

"Yup, thats the Hublot Big Bang Classic Fusion All Black, which is limited to 500 pieces made.
 iLLGT, your friends is the 45mm version though, mine is the 42mm which has a date feature and a showcase back. 
I chose the 42mm version for the simple fact that 42mm fits better my wrist better, I like seeing the movement once in a while and the date function helps out a bit. "

Oh damn, I guess you weren't kidding about your wrists eh? It looks huge on your wrist, automatically I thought it was the 45mm :/

BTW I like my friends, but I already had a big bang ceramic with the cf dial.. Was a great looking watch, but IMO again, not worth the price.. Feels so much cheaper when in comparison to the AP, the quality just wasn't there to me, no offense of course!

Originally Posted by BgL2687

BGL, I can see RFX's knowledge pertaining to watches, he has taught me a few things on current updates and event already, thanks as well
smile.gif

Last but not least, FX, I am still waiting to hear back from my buddy Gil, he will come through with the best reliable source.. And lazybone, when you are ready to pull the trigger on whichever piece you decide on, I will also help you get the best example for your dollar, bar none.
I appreciate yours and others insight as well...hardly do we ever see anyone post up a AP if ever on NT.  btw holla at me if you can get good discounts on pams
Thanks, glad I fit in with you guy's off the bat lol. I'm not one to "judge", but I figured most people on a sneaker forum would automatically be an $!% towards me and my posts, "call me out", be in disbelief, etc.. BUT, again, through my years on forums I have seen tons of BS artists, so it's pretty common, but at least give the person benefit of a doubt you know? You guy's are awesome! And for anyone looking for whatever watch , just send me a message, it get's confusing sifting through these post's with all of the pictures and replies. FX I have your request already, will message you tomorrow when I find out!

And FX, that Omega is literally beautiful, simple and I absolutely love it. First time seeing that, which model is that "exact" piece?

BTW guy's, what are your names? Wish there was a damn multi quote function, replying get's annoying :/

Martin

The Hublot actually feel pretty solid to me. Quality is great and the ceramic bezel is awesome. 
I got it scratched several times becuase of the zippers on my jacket pocket but with a single wipe of my undershirt and it is gone.

My wrist isn'tt hat small, it's just the angle. It looks more propotionate in this pic:

fit510.jpg

fit810.jpg

Originally Posted by BgL2687

FX I have your request already, will message you tomorrow when I find out!

And FX, that Omega is literally beautiful, simple and I absolutely love it. First time seeing that, which model is that "exact" piece?

Martin

Sounds great.
As for the Omega, it's the new Aqua Terra Chronometer, it replaced the old one with the smooth dial with the new deck/ribbed dial and also only comes with the new co-axial 8500 movement (from the 2500) but price also jumped by about $1500.

That one is the 42mm model 231.10.42.21.06.001. 

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by RFX45

Also, more nice Tissot on the way:
Tissot PRS 516 Automatic Chronograph

tpr516.jpg

so the one on the right comes out later this year?  I was looking at the one below, but I think I'll wait for the black one above
51LgeGOl0UL._SS500_.jpg

actually, I think I prefer the Tissot I just posted above, does anybody recommend it?  I just want a nice everyday watch and my budget is a couple hundered $

RFX - I'm actually in the market for an Omega watch. Can you direct me to some good sellers out there who are legit? I am looking (but not limited to) for the seamaster 600m with the black dial. The one Daniel Craig wore in Quantum. Thanks!

There seems to be plenty of AP fans here so here's what AP has in store for 2010...

Royal Oak Offshore Grand Prix Collection
Forged Carbon
107.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

119.jpg

Pink Gold
133.jpg

134.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

Platinum
123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

128.jpg

Royal Oak Offshore Diver
153.jpg

154.jpg

155.jpg

177.jpg

178.jpg

180.jpg

Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph - 37 mm
252.jpg

253.jpg

256.jpg

257.jpg

258.jpg

260.jpg

Royal Oak Offshore Tourbillon Chronograph

204.jpg

205.jpg

206.jpg

208.jpg

211.jpg

213.jpg

215.jpg

Royal Oak Equation of Time
181.jpg

182.jpg

184.jpg

186.jpg

187.jpg

189.jpg

190.jpg

195.jpg

196.jpg

198.jpg

200.jpg

Royal Oak Day-Date
222.jpg

224.jpg

Royal Oak Skeleton
233.jpg

235.jpg

239.jpg

241.jpg

242.jpg

243.jpg

Royal Oak Offshore, 57th Street

249.jpg

251.jpg

245.jpg

246.jpg

248.jpg

244.jpg

Millenary Carbon One Tourbillon Chronograph
161.jpg

163.jpg

166.jpg

169.jpg

170.jpg

171.jpg

175.jpg

Hey does anyone know what's up with all these all gold watches. I've seen a lot of people wearing them around in the city as well as some celebs. Are these big now? I saw a few I liked but have no companies in mind? Any recommendations. I'm sure the watches are not 100% gold, instead gold plated. It might have even been not such a high end company like Casio or Seiko. Looking for something not to pricey for everyday. Thanks for any help guys!
Something like the watch CuDi is wearing in this video.

For example what company is this watch?

xav4ty.png

I've always liked the Omega Aqua Terra and I wish they didn't increase the price when they upgraded the co-axial movement, but I never appreciated the newer one with the deck dial until i saw these pics.
*Pics and watch not mine*

4177905697_458a929584.jpg
4177907545_65d8176653.jpg

4177925051_691b0e1728.jpg
4178909509_cbe922977b.jpg

4276211199_350fa6b1de.jpg
4276225431_1c5f7d6bf1.jpg

That new co-axial 8500!!! 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

4177922073_0d6d35198f.jpg
4178695180_e21a7fe0bd.jpg

how much is retail for this watch??
and anybody have any idea where i could potentially cop?
thanks in advance.

^^^ Retail on that Omega is $4,850 for the 38.mm version and the 41.5mm is $4,500.

Also, more nice Tissot on the way:
Tissot PRS 516 Automatic Chronograph

so the one on the right comes out later this year?  I was looking at the one below, but I think I'll wait for the black one above

actually, I think I prefer the Tissot I just posted above, does anybody recommend it?  I just want a nice everyday watch and my budget is a couple hundered $

For an everyday watch and if you don't care much for the watch beign quartz, check out the Tissot PRC200.

Originally Posted by airboy23

RFX - I'm actually in the market for an Omega watch. Can you direct me to some good sellers out there who are legit? I am looking (but not limited to) for the seamaster 600m with the black dial. The one Daniel Craig wore in Quantum. Thanks!

I haven't bought an Omega but I have heard good thing about Toppers. Try giving them a call, they are highly recommended by the forums I frequent.

http://www.topperjewelers.com/

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

why are AP's so expensive?

If you knew the extensive time, tedious effort, assembling and construction of the small moving parts, and thought and care that goes into handcrafting an exquisite timepiece such as these (I could only imagine), you would understand why they cost so much.  There are many, many small moving parts that are to be considered, especially in chronos, for precision, reliability and stability.  You're also somewhat paying for the name.

Rolex used to be that way until they started producing for the masses.  Still enjoy my Rollie, though.

If you want to see some watches with the most basic appearance, check out Patek then do some pricing.  You may then find out about the time and effort that goes into producing on of those.

All of AP's watches also has an in-hous movement and that cost a lot more than outsourcing movements or ebauches. AP also has a huge history and their quality is top notch. Marketing is also part of their cost but not their primary source of cost liek Tag Heuer and Rolex. 

All of AP's watches also has an in-hous movement and that cost a lot more than outsourcing movements or ebauches. AP also has a huge history and their quality is top notch. Marketing is also part of their cost but not their primary source of cost liek Tag Heuer and Rolex. 

Originally Posted by AbstraKt

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

why are AP's so expensive?

If you knew the extensive time, tedious effort, assembling and construction of the small moving parts, and thought and care that goes into handcrafting an exquisite timepiece such as these (I could only imagine), you would understand why they cost so much.  There are many, many small moving parts that are to be considered, especially in chronos, for precision, reliability and stability.  You're also somewhat paying for the name.

Rolex used to be that way until they started producing for the masses.  Still enjoy my Rollie, though.

If you want to see some watches with the most basic appearance, check out Patek then do some pricing.  You may then find out about the time and effort that goes into producing on of those.

Exactly! If you hold an AP in your hand, you feel how special it is.. All hand made, hand polished, etc...

BTW RFX I didn't forget about you man, just been extremely busy! I will send you my friends contact info later today after I speak with him, and you guy's can chat/work out your deal directly!

No problem iLL, I got a few deals going right now because I am really trying to beat the March 1st price increase.

Anyone own or ever heard of Invicta? Was never really a big watch person, but I'm starting to get into them. Saw these online for $150 marked down from $700. I'm saving up for a real nice watch down the road, but I'm looking for a couple every day type watches for now.

k9yqh3.jpg

5y9k07.jpg

Back
Top Bottom