POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

I'm not a fan of Invicta or any watch that has fake diamonds or a combination of both.

^^ Thanks for the input. The diamonds look real tiny and it prob looks cheesy in person, but I figured I'd ask and hopefully get a response. The only reason I was even debating was because it was so cheap.

The only Invicta I would ever get is the Pro Diver w/ ETA-2824 movement (Submariner homage)

Even though it is cheap, you can do much better with the $150.
What is your true budget and what kind of watch are you looking for?

Originally Posted by AIR Kamote23

Any watch recommendation for $650 budget?
Any specifications you are looking for?
-Quartz
-Automatic
-Mechanical
-Chronograph
-Moonphase
-Sapphire Crystal
-Good Lume
-Rubber
-SS bracelet
-Leather band

Some of my recommendations:

Tissot PRC200 - Swiss Quartz - $350
Tissot-PRC-200-T17158652.jpg

Seiko Orange Monster - Great quality & Lume - $200

seiko_orange_monster_01.jpg

Citizen Nighthawk - Great Pilot with eco-drive technology - $250

bj7000-52e-b.jpg

Parnis Power Reserve - Great Chinese Automatic - $80

3607845304_826d04e9de.jpg

Victorinox Chrono Classic - Great looking swiss quartz chrono - $500

image.php

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

Anyone own or ever heard of Invicta? Was never really a big watch person, but I'm starting to get into them. Saw these online for $150 marked down from $700. I'm saving up for a real nice watch down the road, but I'm looking for a couple every day type watches for now.

k9yqh3.jpg

5y9k07.jpg
I personally would stay clear of Invicta because of their horrid customer service and inflated MSRPs. I would only buy the Invicta 8926 which is pretty decent if you can get it around $60. If you are still looking at some Invictas, I would recommend you look at invictashark which have many sells below the already reduced prices.

I got to try on my holy grail; a plat IWC Big Pilot when I was in Jamaica.. I swear on everything I wanted to pull a Usain Bolt and jet out of that boutique, but I probably would have gotten shot by one of the fake asss Jacob the jeweler lookin dudes that worked there.. No wonder they asked me so many questions when i was there like "How long are you staying, when does your flight leave??"

I need a pilot watch in my life tho, they just look so freakin nice on my wrist, and I till this day have never seen someone wearing one but I see so many Rolex's it make me want to puke.

RFX, is that Archimede the best pilot watch out for the price if you could point me in the direction of a decent one >$1000 I'll pull the trigger asap.

Archimede or Stowa are one of the best right for the price right now.
There also isn't any haggling as you have to order the watch online, not sure if you would consider that good or bad.
If you want something to get you over for now, Christopher Ward isn't a bad choice.
Their warranty is pretty good too. They have a 60:60 Guarantee.
You can try the watch for 60 days and return the watch for a refund without questions asked.
Then they also have a 60 months (5 years) warranty on the watch itself.
http://www.christopherward-usa.com/men/aviation.html

$415 for the C8, 44mm.
C8SKK_1_3.jpg
C8SKK_9.jpg
C8SWT_8_3.jpg

C5 is $315, 38mm.
C5AKK_9.jpg
C5AWT_10.jpg
C5AKK_8_3.jpg

For a cheaper alternative, Ticino is an ok choice, again just to get the Pilot look on the watch.
http://www.sizzlinwatches.com/
This one is on sale for $140 right now.
pilot_blkn_001.jpg

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

I got to try on my holy grail; a plat IWC Big Pilot when I was in Jamaica.. I swear on everything I wanted to pull a Usain Bolt and jet out of that boutique, but I probably would have gotten shot by one of the fake asss Jacob the jeweler lookin dudes that worked there.. No wonder they asked me so many questions when i was there like "How long are you staying, when does your flight leave??"

I need a pilot watch in my life tho, they just look so freakin nice on my wrist, and I till this day have never seen someone wearing one but I see so many Rolex's it make me want to puke.

RFX, is that Archimede the best pilot watch out for the price if you could point me in the direction of a decent one >$1000 I'll pull the trigger asap.
Why don't you try some parnis pilots which should be $100 to give you more feel for the size and style of pilot watches:

277115788_o.jpg

PN-149.jpg

getimg.asp

4106417200_446c1f95d0.jpg

Got a leather strap for the BB. This thing a beauty and quality is amazing.
They call it gummy croco because it is a croc strap but somehow surrounded or laminated with a rubber coating.
leathe10.jpg

leathe11.jpg

Better pics tomorrow...

Originally Posted by JYabbz

Originally Posted by AIR Kamote23

Any watch recommendation for $650 budget?
Any specifications you are looking for?
-Quartz
-Automatic
-Mechanical
-Chronograph
-Moonphase
-Sapphire Crystal
-Good Lume
-Rubber
-SS bracelet
-Leather band

Some of my recommendations:

Tissot PRC200 - Swiss Quartz - $350
Tissot-PRC-200-T17158652.jpg

Definitely a SS bracelet but not yet sure if I want an automatic or quartz. Doesn't matter to me if its a Chronograph, Moonphase or what. That Tissot PRC200 looks good though...thanks!

Originally Posted by RFX45

Right now I'd get something around or lower than $800. Something similar to the style of the Invicta I posted, but doesn't necessarily need to have diamonds.

Those Parnis watches actually look pretty good..

Thanks RFX, but out of all those I think I'll cop the Archimede 44mm

You would have been lucky to have gotten out of there with ONLY being shot @.

Thanks. The strap is so comfortable right out fo the box, thing is buttery soft unlike other rubber straps out there.
Bonus pics, just because I already ahve the pics.

1110.jpg

2610.jpg

2410.jpg

How much would a strap like that run? I'm going to need a new one for my watch pretty soon and that looks
pimp.gif

Well, that strap is specifically made for Hublots and retails for $600.
The lugs on the Hublot is different than other watches, kind of like the Cartier Pasha line or AP's Royal Oak, you can't just put a regular strap on it.
For any watch with a regular lug though, I always go to fredawatchstraps.com.

Cot damn, my man spent $600 on a STRAP for a watch. Jeepers.

On a more humble note, my all black steel Nixon 51-30 chrono should arrive tomorrow. Im hyped.

Well $#%$ me sideways and call me Amber Lamps. Homie paid $600 for just the strap!

Thanks RFX, but out of all those I think I'll cop the Archimede 44mm

When it comes to pilot style watches, there really isn't anything better for the price than Archimede or Stowa.
There isn't a 44mm though, only a 42mm or 45mm. I;d suggest the XLH, the blue hands look amazing w/ a much better looking mvoement than the XLA.

7949-H11-Top-RS-2.jpg

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

Originally Posted by RFX45

Right now I'd get something around or lower than $800. Something similar to the style of the Invicta I posted, but doesn't necessarily need to have diamonds.

$800 is actually a pretty big budget. The Tissot PRC 200 is a good watch option for you and even though it is quartz, it is at a fraction of your budget.

The dial looks similar to the Invicta you posted with 3 circles in the dial.

Hurry up though, Tissot prices go up March 1st as well (Hamilton on Feb 22nd to those interested).

23365228dl0.jpg

The blue one like nice too.

TissotPRC200WS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom