Price Raises On Upcoming Jordans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually in germany, the fire red V are already retailing for 170 euros like the XIII retros :frown:
Quality on most releases are still quite disappointing.

Actually in germany, the fire red V are already retailing for 170 euros like the XIII retros
frown.gif

Quality on most releases are still quite disappointing.
I Think it depends on what store.. Im from Holland some stores like Oquim sold them for 170 euro. But Nike Store just charged 160 euro

im so glad that i moved on to kd lebron and kobes, although they are also increasing the price at least the quality is a little better.. but nike/jordan brand see ebay prices and say "look how much we left on the table "
roll.gif
..  so far i only wanted 2 ill most like be out after the 6s drop next year hopefully

I know this sounds obvious, but the prices on retros will continue to increase until demand for them fall. Consumers have a budget constraint and JB is testing the market to see how much we will pay until sales start to decline, which I don't anticipate will happen soon. As long as people pay these high prices, don't expect JB to lower prices or keep them constant. Buy what you like. Don't buy into the hype 8)

im so glad that i moved on to kd lebron and kobes, although they are also increasing the price at least the quality is a little better.. but nike/jordan brand see ebay prices and say "look how much we left on the table ":rofl: ..  so far i only wanted 2 ill most like be out after the 6s drop next year hopefully
I see your point but better quality? Jordans >any plastic sneaker (kd, lebron, kobe).

I see your point but better quality? Jordans >any plastic sneaker (kd, lebron, kobe).
Continue living in the past. Kobes are engineered mesh and the Lebrons are made of Hyperfuse, both of which are better quality materials than the stuff JB uses.

Good. Personally this was the out I was hoping for after the crap factory known as JB kept spewing out junk. Hopefully new balance learns a lesson and not follow JB lead.

Last edited:
we'll all still cop, sure you go ahead and say "I'm out after Black Toes" but I'm sure they'll decide to retro something that pikes your interest and being the jordan lovers that we are we'll continue to shell out the cash...

IMO the quality is not even that bad. sure maybe some of the releases are worse
then others but most of the people complaining never owned OG's.
The cool thing to do on NT is complain about quality. If you really don't like the quality
then stop buying. you shouldnt even be in the Jordan brand forum because you hate the quality.

That "leather" that jb uses is total crap! My lebron 2 still look crisp by the way.. Can't say the same for my 03 Jordan 8.. Again I love jb .. I think I'm just bored with jb.. And don't want shoes the start coming apart like more fire red 3s .. Just saying ..

Last edited:
retros are still good enough to ball in'

So many players in the NBA rocks them still

Continue living in the past. Kobes are engineered mesh and the Lebrons are made of Hyperfuse, both of which are better quality materials than the stuff JB uses.
ok keep telling yourself that at the end of the day I dont care what nike calls it, its still plastic especially those cheap *** kd's. Its funny nike slaps suede and leather on some lebrons and they call it premium material. And they raise the price on them for similar material that jb use to use on shoes that cost $100 so your still paying 250+ for comfortable plastic shoes.

That's his point though...hyperfuse is just plastic. It looks like plastic, and feels like plastic. While it's an awesome material, great for performance...in the end, it's a plastic shoe. And it looks like it.

That's his point though...hyperfuse is just plastic. It looks like plastic, and feels like plastic. While it's an awesome material, great for performance...in the end, it's a plastic shoe. And it looks like it.

It IS plastic. It's a plastic synthetic. You can call it whatever the hell you want, it doesn't change that it's a synthetic, petrolium based material that didn't come from an animal hide, like leather does. The same people that complain that certain shoes use fake leather are also often the ones who like to boast the quality of the Nike basketball sigs. Those shoes are mostly make of synthetic materials that will break down before true leather does. It is certainly lighter and may be preferable from a performance standpoint, but I can't take people seriously if they want to talk about how those shoes are holding up when they're only a few years old. Get back to us in 2020 on your LB 8-10, your Kobes or KD's.

Regardless, Nike is jacking the prices up on all of their shoes, year in and year out. How is it remotely surprising that retro Jordans are getting a price jack of $10? This has happened the past 2 years, and will happen as long as everything is a release day sell out. I see prices regulating at the $180 mark in 2014, and 2015 will see the same prices as demand starts to drop back down. Hell, in 2015 I don't even see myself buying new Jordans anymore. I'll buy some older retros and OGs that cost more, but actually relate to their value.

You can buy a $400 or $500 OG DS or VNDS Jordan or you can pay $350 for some stupid Motorboat Jones bullshat. I shake my head at all the ignorant fools shelling out for these corny retro plus CW's. Thank god I only pay over retail for older OG colorways or OG shoes that aren't available anymore. These young kids paying 2-3x retail for recent retros make me cringe, and they are precisely the demo that is in Nike's wheelhouse for the more expensive Jordan retros.

Next year will be the 6's, but beyond those, what's left to really retro (and even some of those have been retro'd recently). 2015 is going to be re-retros of the 2009-2010 stuff, most of which anyone with a huge collection will still have in great shape. I may cop some of the premium NA 3-6 releases in the future, but this year is probably my last for most Jordan releases. Some guys are already there, but a bunch more of us will be done in the near future. Nike knows it too.

Last edited:
go buy some reeboks if you feel so strongly. saw on Twitter jb financials recently still kills even Nike like 4:1 .. so they'll do what they want when there are no consequences

ok keep telling yourself that at the end of the day I dont care what nike calls it, its still plastic especially those cheap *** kd's. Its funny nike slaps suede and leather on some lebrons and they call it premium material. And they raise the price on them for similar material that jb use to use on shoes that cost $100 so your still paying 250+ for comfortable plastic shoes.
Do you know anything about shoes or are you just blinded by the Jumpman? Iono much about KDs since I don't like them, so...
The Lebrons haven't been made of leather since the Lebron VIII. The Lebron IX and X are made of Hyperfuse. If you don't know what it is, it's 3 materials basically welded together into one lighter material.
The Kobe VIII is made out of Engineered Mesh, which is regular mesh engineered to be stronger and lighter.
The Kobe VI and VII are made out of polyurethane.
Jordan Retro I-IV are all made out of synthetic leather. It's not real leather that comes from a cow, it's fabric to make it seem like leather to cut costs otherwise we would be paying at least double of what we're currently paying for our Retros.

Last edited:
Do u about shoes or are you just blinded by the Jumpman? Iono much about KDs since I don't like them, so...
The Lebrons haven't been made of leather since the Lebron VIII. The Lebron IX and X are made of Hyperfuse. If you don't know what it is, it's 3 materials basically welded together into one lighter material.
The Kobe VIII is made out of Engineered Mesh, which is regular mesh engineered to be stronger and lighter.
Jordan Retro I-IV are all made out of synthetic leather. It's not real leather that comes from a cow, it's fabric to make it seem like leather to cut costs otherwise we would be paying at least double of what we're currently paying for our Retros.
I have been wearing jordans since 86 and you do realize that lebrons hyperfuse shoes upper are made out of thermoPLASTIC polyurethane the same material that they use to make those flexable cell phone case and kobes use polyurethane the material they use to make care bumpers with so your still rocking flexable plastic shoes combined with mesh and synthetic leather. And I dont get why ppl are complaining about jb quality and giving props the nike, jb is still under the nike umbrella. Nike still owns jb thats why they sell jordans on ndc so its not jb quality thats its bad its nike's quality in general. Plus when when was the last time you saw a nike shoe get stepped on and rip like blakes hyperdunk elite s did?

Do you know anything about shoes or are you just blinded by the Jumpman? Iono much about KDs since I don't like them, so...
You obviously don't know the difference between split grain and full grain leather. The leather JB uses is split grain...cheaper and lowrr quality than full grain leather....but still not a synthetic.

I don't understand why people think that sneakers shouldn't go up in prices like everything else.

As the cost of materials, transportation, and labor increase (which all three have done, and yes the cost of labor has increased in China) so do the cost of goods. Just cause they retail for more, doesn't mean that Nike is making a higher profit.
Broseph, the rate at which the price of shoes climbs does not equal the inflation of everything else. you cant argue with that. jordans have been increasing by $10 increments almost every year. The goal of every business is to increase profits every year (**** that, every quarter). So, you cannot say Nike is just trying to "even out", per say, by increasing their retail prices---every year is more profitable than the last. You guys on here defending Nike/JB need to stop.

THATS COOL THIS WILL BE THE LAST YEAR I BUY JORDANS ANYWAYS ITS GETTING OUT OF HAND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom