Proof of life after death through science. Vol Atheist where is your nongod now

This guy I know thinks "religious people" are always trying to push their views on others, think they're always right, and can't see anyone else's point of view. Then the dude constantly talks about being an atheist, and says anyone who isn't is illogical and can't have an intelligent discussion.

Being Atheist is the new hipster. Just people saying they don't believe in God to be different.

:rolleyes

You're ignorant.

And you've obviously decided to ignore every post I made after that, I made an unpopular post so your resort to that. Interesting. I guess I should think like you.

I hate race/religion threads so instead of focusing on the topic at hand everyone is deciding to flame me because they don't agree with me. My initial post...nevermind. Y'all can continue to get mad. Not that big of a deal.

It's like you don't even pay attention to what you say. 

k

Last edited:
This guy I know thinks "religious people" are always trying to push their views on others, think they're always right, and can't see anyone else's point of view. Then the dude constantly talks about being an atheist, and says anyone who isn't is illogical and can't have an intelligent discussion.

There are idiots on both sides of the fence....

I think the obnoxious religious tend to be more overzealous because they believe they are being watched 24/7 by an entity that can give them eternal pleasure or an eternity of torture...

the obnoxious atheists tend to be snarky know it alls... that's not as bad as a religious fanatic

Life after death? Let me ask you this, what was "life" before your life. You weren't born yet, wouldn't that be the same as being dead? So wouldn't life after death be the same as life before life?

Being Atheist is the new hipster. Just people saying they don't believe in God to be different.

eyes.gif
I've been agnostic for a few years now and I whole heartedly agree.

I know some people who, granted they weren't devout, are suddenly doubting their faith (not my doing).

My issue is people on NT make a point to say that don't believe in god or dog religion at every opportunity like somehow people are on here posting their bible study lessons :lol:

Most atheists on NT( people under 30 i presume) are guilty of close minded and ignorant as the people they RELIGIOUSLY try to discredit. Not believing in something does not make anyone smarter or logical, hell its pretty ******g easy to do that, maybe thats why most atheist I know are younger ( in college or high school).

As per usual, dumb folk in an attempt to start another one of those ignorant religious threads filled with anti-logic and other repugnant nonsense mispresent the facts whenever they try to cite science

In summary, space and time are 'simply tools of our mind.'

Once this theory about space and time being mental constructs is accepted, it means death and the idea of immortality exist in a world without spatial or linear boundaries.

Theoretical physicists believe that there is infinite number of universes with different variations of people, and situations taking place, simultaneously.

Lanza added that everything which can possibly happen is occurring at some point across these multiverses and this means death can't exist in 'any real sense' either.

Lanza, instead, said that when we die our life becomes a 'perennial flower that returns to bloom in the multiverse.'

This is clearly in no way related to the afterlife most religions subscribe too. Not to mention most religious ppl wouldn't even accept some of the suppositions posited in that short little summary. You'd need some understanding of the philosophy of mind and/or what consciousness is along with quantum physics and the multiverse theory to get the full picture here.

Do you really encounter ppl like this in real life? If so I feel bad for you and whoever you seem to interact with.

I know some people who, granted they weren't devout, are suddenly doubting their faith (not my doing).
This is the true hipster **** though.

While you question those ppl, others who understand what these words mean shake their head at these ignorant irrelevant claims. Everybody is an agnostic whether they want to admit it or not. If they weren't and an actual gnostic they'd already prove their beliefs and they'd be facts. You're most likely an atheist and don't even know it or you just avoid the question that atheist is a possible answer to. Saying you're not an atheist but agnostic isn't a coherent reply, the two titles answer two different questions.

Last edited:
Yea, I was reading an article that time doesn't exist outside our universe.

Something about waves clashing making time or something of that sort, can't remember at the moment.

I'll try to find the article with the indepth analysis.

It sucks that, although my mind can ignore the time, my body will still feel it.

As per usual, dumb folk in an attempt to start another one of those ignorant religious threads filled with anti-logic and other repugnant nonsense mispresent the facts whenever they try to cite science
In summary, space and time are 'simply tools of our mind.'

Once this theory about space and time being mental constructs is accepted, it means death and the idea of immortality exist in a world without spatial or linear boundaries.

Theoretical physicists believe that there is infinite number of universes with different variations of people, and situations taking place, simultaneously.

Lanza added that everything which can possibly happen is occurring at some point across these multiverses and this means death can't exist in 'any real sense' either.

Lanza, instead, said that when we die our life becomes a 'perennial flower that returns to bloom in the multiverse.'
This is clearly in no way related to the afterlife most religions subscribe too. Not to mention most religious ppl wouldn't even accept some of the suppositions posited in that short little summary. You'd need some understanding of the philosophy of mind and/or what consciousness is along with quantum physics and the multiverse theory to get the full picture here.

eyes.gif
Do you really encounter ppl like this in real life? If so I feel bad for you and whoever you seem to interact with.

eyes.gif

While you question those ppl, others who understand what these words mean shake their head at these ignorant irrelevant claims. Everybody is an agnostic whether they want to admit or not. If they weren't and actual gnostic they'd already prove their beliefs and they'd be facts. You're most likely an atheist and don't even know it or you just avoid the question that atheist is a possible answer to. Saying you're not an atheist but agnostic isn't a coherent reply, the two titles answer two different questions.
Correct.

I just stated I'm agnostic because the two are often (incorrectly) lumped together.

And I disagree that most people are agnostic.  I feel most Americans believe in god but aren't very vested in their faith.

I do not see a clear truth to the position that there is a god or that there isn't one.

It's rather personal so I shan't discuss it but an event in my family caused me to doubt the power and then eventually the existence of god.

From what reading I've done, I came to the conclusion that while there isn't proof of a god.  I also don't see proof of there not being one.

A friend of mine who juggles his religion with his desire to be a scientist (the scientific community is overwhelmingly atheist) puts it like this:

"They cannot disprove one another."

And that's how I feel.  I refuse to take a stance because there isn't evidence for either case.

Correct.
I just stated I'm agnostic because the two are often (incorrectly) lumped together.
And I disagree that most people are agnostic.  I feel most Americans believe in god but aren't very vested in their faith.
I do not see a clear truth to the position that there is a god or that there isn't one.
It's rather personal so I shan't discuss it but an event in my family caused me to doubt the power and then eventually the existence of god.
From what reading I've done, I came to the conclusion that while there isn't proof of a god.  I also don't see proof of there not being one.

A friend of mine who juggles his religion with his desire to be a scientist (the scientific community is overwhelmingly atheist) puts it like this:
"They cannot disprove one another."

And that's how I feel.  I refuse to take a stance because there isn't evidence for either case.
yea, theres no proof of something that doesn't exist

oh oh oh

moded!

lol @ these closed minded Christians acting like atheism is a "new wave" because they finally left their small Mississippi town to go to community college in a big city. There are many prominent atheists throughout human history and there are some nations that have been traditionally considered majority atheist. This country has been becoming progressively less religious for many reasons, and i wouldn't call it a fad. As people become better read and society becomes more progressive many religious traditions tend to dwindle with each generation.

I think this is a case of someone not believing anyone can not think like they do, that they think that person is simply doing it to be different. There are many examples of people stepping away from tradition, it starts with a select few who truly believe in their cause. I'm sure for many attitudes toward race and sex to change in this country, many people had to endure being considered hipsters.

He thinks women are equal, why you gotta be different.

Last edited:
My issue is people on NT make a point to say that don't believe in god or dog religion at every opportunity like somehow people are on here posting their bible study lessons
laugh.gif

Most atheists on NT( people under 30 i presume) are guilty of close minded and ignorant as the people they RELIGIOUSLY try to discredit. Not believing in something does not make anyone smarter or logical, hell its pretty ******g easy to do that, maybe thats why most atheist I know are younger ( in college or high school).
Generalizing atheists makes you a lot better person. 

While you question those ppl, others who understand what these words mean shake their head at these ignorant irrelevant claims. Everybody is an agnostic whether they want to admit or not. If they weren't and actual gnostic they'd already prove their beliefs and they'd be facts. You're most likely an atheist and don't even know it or you just avoid the question that atheist is a possible answer to. Saying you're not an atheist but agnostic isn't a coherent reply, the two titles answer two different questions.
Dude reminds me of when hipsters get angry when other people bite their style. This type of behavior is the closest thing to being a "hipster". I'm agnostic, atheism is too mainstream.

As for myself I don't like labels, all I do know is that I don't believe in any of the Judeochristian Gods. I don't know much about the other Gods to come to a conclusion.
laugh.gif

This is kind of random but I was following Amare Stoudemire on IG and dude posted a pic of Albert Einstein with a quote saying "Whenever science gets too complicated, I turn to religion". Then the masses came and praised this in the comments and I knew for a fact it was fake. It made me rage so hard that I contemplated writing a response but I knew it was just fall of deaf ears.

As I wrote that I realized that's religion itself in a nutshell. An influential person preaches something that was fabricated and the masses will follow. :smile:

This is kind of random but I was following Amare Stoudemire on IG and dude posted a pic of Albert Einstein with a quote saying "Whenever science gets too complicated, I turn to religion". Then the masses came and praised this in the comments and I knew for a fact it was fake. It made me rage so hard that I contemplated writing a response but I knew it was just fall of deaf ears.

As I wrote that I realized that's religion itself in a nutshell. An influential person preaches something that was fabricated and the masses will follow. :smile:

The bigger question is.....why were you following Amare's lame *** on Instagram? :lol:

Would rather believe in God and find out it's non existant than to not believe in God and find out there is one *Shrugs*

Humans, will never understand its work. I pity what its creation as a race we've become. |I

Would rather believe in God and find out it's non existant than to not believe in God and find out there is one *Shrugs*
Good luck picking the right one.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

I figure whether you're an atheist, agnostic or religious we all have an equal chance of being wrong. After all to someone else's religion you are pretty much an atheist.

Last edited:
I think some people are connected, and some aren't. I didn't need a science experiment to tell me what's going on behind the scenes.

I've experienced the spirit realm.

Aware

I think some people are connected, and some aren't. I didn't need a science experiment to tell me what's going on behind the scenes.

I've experienced the spirit realm.

Aware
Have you experienced such a realm without psychoactive substances? The brain is a fascinating piece of science, I think if we are to understand other realms and if they exist we need to delve into the mind of schizophrenics and people experiencing active psychoses. Ironically, these people don't even get the benefit of the doubt from religious people. Somehow a schizophrenic that sees and hears things is crazy but religious folks aren't.
laugh.gif

Get out of here. This is why people laugh at you religious nuts. All the L's western religion has taken throughout history and you'd think believers would be able to just sit quietly and not bother anyone. Of course not though, zero shame. I'm agnostic btw, I'm fully comfortable with the fact that I don't know something.
This is whats funny to me.  The same could be said for both sides.  The difference with Christains(not to it on anyone elses beliefs) is their own undisputable evidence that has come through their own life experiences.  The truth is no one truly knows anything until their dead, and everyone that's been clinclly declared dead by science has said they had some type of afterlife experience.  But then atheist that praise science as their god say, "oh no sorry that was just lucid brain activity you really weren't dead".

Back
Top Bottom