Proof of life after death through science. Vol Atheist where is your nongod now

One person who talks to an imaginary friend is skitzo

But a million are religous lol

laugh.gif

I almost don't even want to post this, since I know it will turn a religion thread into a religion AND race thread, but am I the only one confused by the fact that black people have no trouble believing in a religion that they were quite literally forced into? My family goes to church weekly and believes that their Christian God holds all answers, and I just end up sitting there perplexed.

Am I just putting too much of a connection between how we got to this point and now? In actuality, does it not matter WHY Christianity became their religion of choice?

Too much truth.

What was even more hilarious (or sad really) to me was I walked in my Dad's church (congregation is 90%+ black, has been forever) and they had a white jesus. :lol:

Really? So not only does your Christian God hold all your answers but your EUROPEAN christian God holds all your answers? :lol: Even if the Bible is 100% truth it STILL wouldn't be factually accurate for him to be look european.

So basically you're praying for the white man to fix your life. Nah bruh, I'm good.

Last edited:
I have given up faith in religion but as I said in the conspiracy thread I fully believe in a higher power.

One thing that always irks me is how atheists and religious nuts never stop to consider...

WHAT IF SCIENCE AND RELIGION/THE SUPERNATURAL ARE ONE IN THE SAME?!

I wouldn't be surprised if they are and somehow over time humans did what we usually do and F'ed it up, split it apart somehow.

I almost don't even want to post this, since I know it will turn a religion thread into a religion AND race thread, but am I the only one confused by the fact that black people have no trouble believing in a religion that they were quite literally forced into? My family goes to church weekly and believes that their Christian God holds all answers, and I just end up sitting there perplexed.

Am I just putting too much of a connection between how we got to this point and now? In actuality, does it not matter WHY Christianity became their religion of choice?

I've thought about this alot in my life. I've hit my momz wit it to who is really religious.. She aint tryna hear it tho...

One person who talks to an imaginary friend is skitzo

But a million are religous lol

Kinda funny when you put it like that..

Last edited:
I'm glad I posted it then, because it's been bugging me for YEARS :lol:

Glad to know I'm not the only one who found it odd.

I've thought about this alot in my life. I've hit my momz wit it to who is really religious.. She aint tryna hear it tho...

If you don't mind me asking, what's her usual rebuttal? I just can't imagine anyone having an answer that supports their faith that makes sense.

Last edited:
>D

There's wackos on every side of everything though. It can't all be a big joke to you and at the same time you can claim to know you're life. If you're not willing to be open minded instead of being stubborn why bother engaging at all?
roll.gif
roll.gif
Contradiction
You said this in bold to say what?

Contradiction?   How so?  Because I refuse to buy into the religious aspect of what I believe.  Religious is miss defined in the English language.  You can do anything religiously.  Like coming on this site.  If you saw my post and got a contradiction well then I don't know what to say to that, because I pretty much spelled out where I was coming from in that post.

I don't understand how I'm stubborn, or how you got that from anything I posted in this thread.  Stubborn would be only wanting to see it one way based off biased words of others, and 0 evidence(assuming that your some type of atheist).  I got my evidence.  How bout you?

I'm glad I posted it then, because it's been bugging me for YEARS :lol:

Glad to know I'm not the only one who found it odd.
If you don't mind me asking, what's her usual rebuttal? I just can't imagine anyone having an answer that supports their faith that makes sense.

She usually hits me with the "I was raised to believe in God so I do".. Then she says to me that she raised me in the church so I should believe as well.. Her fav go to line is,God woke you up this morning Chris, the least you can do is give him some of your time..

I mean thatz cool but im not that type of person, I don't like to follow just because of tradition. To me it sounds like you're a sheep, you're just following the crowd and not asking why you are moving.. I have too many questions to fully believe in God/Christianity or whatever you wanna call it.. I just feel like its something bigger going on that we have no idea about because we're too brainwashed wit man made constructs like time, religion, and money to even think about anything else.. When I hit her with that she listens but at the end of the day she thinks church is always the answer... I just tell her I have to do my own research..

Last edited:
I have given up faith in religion but as I said in the conspiracy thread I fully believe in a higher power.

One thing that always irks me is how atheists and religious nuts never stop to consider...

I wouldn't be surprised if they are and somehow over time humans did what we usually do and F'ed it up, split it apart somehow.
Actually a lot of atheists and agnostics do stop to consider whether what religious people consider supernatural IS science.

http://www.godvine.com/Christian-Athlete-Takes-a-Fall-But-Still-Wins-the-Race-378.html

roll.gif

If I were God I'd be so mad at stuff like this cause then it makes me look like an incompetent #$##$ who can't get his priorities straight. There's kids going every day in crappy parts of the world without food, water and safety and people are posting this nonsense. So Umbuntu, no clean water for you today but yo peep this chick on youtube...that was all me bruh.

grin.gif

Actually a lot of atheists and agnostics do stop to consider whether what religious people consider supernatural IS science.

Clearly not what I said, you need to take that hint of arrogance out of your post.

I said what if they are one in the same, not if the supernatural is science.

Clearly not what I said, you need to take that hint of arrogance out of your post.

I've never heard a Christian explain Jesus/ God in sound scientific terms. I have heard agnostics and atheists do so, they are not the same.

Well, science deals with the natural world. By definition, it can't be the same as the supernatural. 

what do you mean by that though, science is the method that we use discover new things

science isnt real though

and the afterlife they talk about is much different than a religion's view on the afterlife

Well, science deals with the natural world. By definition, it can't be the same as the supernatural. 
Well science can be used to explain what the consider the "supernatural" or the unknown. Many atheists use the scientific method to find answers and explanations. By definition religion/faith doesn't make accommodations for the scientific method.

what i meant by that is that some scietists to try to say that theories are factual and real when in fact they cannot be proven or explained

what i meant by that is that some scietists to try to say that theories are factual and real when in fact they cannot be proven or explained
...no

theories are suggested explanations that have been repeatedly tested and confirmed.

however not all theories correctly explain reality, but they can explain real facts. 

Back
Top Bottom