Proof of life after death through science. Vol Atheist where is your nongod now

Man, there have been thousands of different gods throughout human history. It always irritates me when some obnoxious Christian tries to act like his god is "God " for everyone in the world. FOH

If it matters, I'm atheist, but I let people believe in what they want to believe. I don't think of them as lesser human beings UNTIL they start doing that "Christianity is the only way of life" bull @#$@

Last edited:

Get out of here. This is why people laugh at you religious nuts. All the L's western religion has taken throughout history and you'd think believers would be able to just sit quietly and not bother anyone. Of course not though, zero shame. I'm agnostic btw, I'm fully comfortable with the fact that I don't know something.
This is whats funny to me.  The same could be said for both sides.  The difference with Christains(not to it on anyone elses beliefs) is their own undisputable evidence that has come through their own life experiences.  The truth is no one truly knows anything until their dead, and everyone that's been clinclly declared dead by science has said they had some type of afterlife experience.  But then atheist that praise science as their god say, "oh no sorry that was just lucid brain activity you really weren't dead".
Let's be real. In what ways have atheists or agnostics been overtly vocal about their views. I know some people like to cry about how atheist are douchebags and hipsters and contrarians but the two aren't AT ALL comparable from any historic or societal stand point.  sillyputy/Future MD is probably the most flagrant person or instance you can point to. THE SAME CAN NOT BE SAID FOR BOTH SIDES.  

Let's be real. In what ways have atheists or agnostics been overtly vocal about their views. I know some people like to cry about how atheist are douchebags and hipsters and contrarians but the two aren't AT ALL comparable from any historic or societal stand point.  sillyputy/Future MD is probably the most flagrant person or instance you can point to. THE SAME CAN NOT BE SAID FOR BOTH SIDES.  

No bull.

Honestly, I never speak on what I do or don't believe in, basically because it's my life. I'm not trying to convince anybody to think like me. But damn, religious folk, especially old religious black folk, annoying as a mf. EVERY conversation comes down to "you need more God in your life" or "you don't go to chruch enough" or "you're living in sin" or some other silly variation.

Heck I see people going around with there young children trying to preach the "word" to you. :smh: Live and let live, I don't go around stopping random people telling them what they need to do with their lives, give me the same respect, that's really all I ask.

Man, there have been thousands of different gods throughout human history. It always irritates me when some obnoxious Christian tries to act like his god is "God " for everyone in the world. FOH

If it matters, I'm atheist, but I let people believe in what they want to believe. I don't think of them as lesser human beings UNTIL they start doing that "Christianity is the only way of life" bull @#$@
Who said that
laugh.gif
?  All I said was the proof is in my pudding, and no offense to anyone elses beliefs.
laugh.gif
  You guys are crazy man

Bruh atheist churchs are going up all across the world right now
laugh.gif
.  Because they feel like they have the answer, and are all knowing.

This is no different then standing on the belief of making it out of poverty.  If you don't believe don't expect for anything to happen to you to get you out of poverty, and not even recognize when a door is open for you to walk out of that poverty, because you don't believe it's possible to make it out.

I said it once and I'll say it again there are a ton of atheist out there that go in just as hard as those hate filled Baptist(etc.) preachers.  There one in the same, and worship the same thing.  Which is division.

Last edited:
People too worried about trying to figure this out. One way to find out, and never a way to let anyone know because once you are gone, you are gone. If theres life after death thats great! But no one will ever truly know.

-UNDFT-

I laugh at both sides.  They are both filled with wackos.  It's all one big joke in my eyes, but I know about my life; and what I've been carried through so my belief will never sway.  Real talk

RELLI I wasn't directing that at you. Just making a general statement about people who say "God will punish you for this" "God hates homosexuality" or "God loves you even though you don't love him. I will pray for you" (I had some crazy religious freakshow come up to me and say this while I was walking to class and said I wasn't interested in joining his church group) and all that crap.

Last edited:
RELLI I wasn't directing that at you. Just making a general statement about people who say "God will punish you for this" "God hates homosexuality" or "God loves you even though you don't love him. I will pray for you" (I had some crazy religious freakshow come up to me and say this while I was walking to class and said I wasn't interested in joining his church group) and all that crap.
Oh my bad I just figured since it was right under my comment.  But yea I totally agree that pushy it, and that homosexuality garbage needs to be addressed.  These holier then thou pigs can be extremely irritating.

"I will pray for you" has to be one of the most thinly-veiled condescending things you can say to someone :lol:

This is kind of random but I was following Amare Stoudemire on IG and dude posted a pic of Albert Einstein with a quote saying "Whenever science gets too complicated, I turn to religion". Then the masses came and praised this in the comments and I knew for a fact it was fake. It made me rage so hard that I contemplated writing a response but I knew it was just fall of deaf ears.

As I wrote that I realized that's religion itself in a nutshell. An influential person preaches something that was fabricated and the masses will follow. :smile:

The bigger question is.....why were you following Amare's lame *** on Instagram? :lol:

Haha that was when I was hopeful the Knicks could do something last year

I almost don't even want to post this, since I know it will turn a religion thread into a religion AND race thread, but am I the only one confused by the fact that black people have no trouble believing in a religion that they were quite literally forced into? My family goes to church weekly and believes that their Christian God holds all answers, and I just end up sitting there perplexed.

Am I just putting too much of a connection between how we got to this point and now? In actuality, does it not matter WHY Christianity became their religion of choice?

Last edited:
I almost don't even want to post this, since I know it will turn a religion thread into a religion AND race thread, but am I the only one confused by black people have no trouble believing in a religion that they were quite literally forced into? My family goes to church weekly and believes that their Christian God holds all answers, and I just end up sitting there perplexed.

Am I just putting too much of a connection between how we got to this point and now? In actuality, does it not matter WHY Christianity became their religion of choice?

Something that annoys me is when athletes always "first I gotta thank god for blessing me" No! Thank your parents for your genes and thank yourself the hard work YOU put in.

God wasn't with you shooting in the gym.

I almost don't even want to post this, since I know it will turn a religion thread into a religion AND race thread, but am I the only one confused by the fact that black people have no trouble believing in a religion that they were quite literally forced into? My family goes to church weekly and believes that their Christian God holds all answers, and I just end up sitting there perplexed.

The biggest okie doke of all time. 
laugh.gif

@gordonson

You can say the same about southerners, mexicans, filipinos...so no youre not thinking too much. It might feel racist but its not. Its just observational statistics.

Like I would say there would be a noticable divide in theists and atheists iqs, and would seem racist if bring up numbers and races, but I dont think it should be.

I laugh at both sides.  They are both filled with wackos.  It's all one big joke in my eyes, but I know about my life; and what I've been carried through so my belief will never sway.  Real talk
>D

There's wackos on every side of everything though. It can't all be a big joke to you and at the same time you can claim to know you're life. If you're not willing to be open minded instead of being stubborn why bother engaging at all?
As per usual, dumb folk in an attempt to start another one of those ignorant religious threads filled with anti-logic and other repugnant nonsense mispresent the facts whenever they try to cite science

This is clearly in no way related to the afterlife most religions subscribe too. Not to mention most religious ppl wouldn't even accept some of the suppositions posited in that short little summary. You'd need some understanding of the philosophy of mind and/or what consciousness is along with quantum physics and the multiverse theory to get the full picture here.

Do you really encounter ppl like this in real life? If so I feel bad for you and whoever you seem to interact with.

This is the true hipster **** though.

While you question those ppl, others who understand what these words mean shake their head at these ignorant irrelevant claims. Everybody is an agnostic whether they want to admit or not. If they weren't and actual gnostic they'd already prove their beliefs and they'd be facts. You're most likely an atheist and don't even know it or you just avoid the question that atheist is a possible answer to. Saying you're not an atheist but agnostic isn't a coherent reply, the two titles answer two different questions.

Dude reminds me of when hipsters get angry when other people bite their style. This type of behavior is the closest thing to being a "hipster". I'm agnostic, atheism is too mainstream.

As for myself I don't like labels, all I do know is that I don't believe in any of the Judeochristian Gods. I don't know much about the other Gods to come to a conclusion. :lol:
:rofl: :rofl: Contradiction

As for the underlined, you're clearly an atheist and do not even know it :smh:

It's sad you gotta go ahead with the tangent irrelevant comparison about hipsters getting angry.

I'll say it again though being agnostic and being atheist are two different things. They're not mutally exclusive. You can be both. I don't think you know the definitions so that's why you call one extreme and the other not. You should educate yourself on the actual meanings by the words and not go by the hipster definitions ppl have pushed on each other in that type of subculture.

It's been pretty egregious that ppl think agnostic is somehow a less extreme view than atheism when all atheism is the lack of belief in a GOD or GODs and agnosticism means that one can not and does not know if a GOD or GODs exist.

But yeah I'm an angry hipster, typical behavior of being a hipster blah blah. I'm so happy I don't get to even interact with these hipsters that apparently most of NT seems to come in to contact with to know how they act and react to things. I'm also happy that this label really doesn't move me anyway, so if you want to keep calling me a hipster from here on out or think so feel free to.
As per usual, dumb folk in an attempt to start another one of those ignorant religious threads filled with anti-logic and other repugnant nonsense mispresent the facts whenever they try to cite science
In summary, space and time are 'simply tools of our mind.'

Once this theory about space and time being mental constructs is accepted, it means death and the idea of immortality exist in a world without spatial or linear boundaries.

Theoretical physicists believe that there is infinite number of universes with different variations of people, and situations taking place, simultaneously.

Lanza added that everything which can possibly happen is occurring at some point across these multiverses and this means death can't exist in 'any real sense' either.

Lanza, instead, said that when we die our life becomes a 'perennial flower that returns to bloom in the multiverse.'

This is clearly in no way related to the afterlife most religions subscribe too. Not to mention most religious ppl wouldn't even accept some of the suppositions posited in that short little summary. You'd need some understanding of the philosophy of mind and/or what consciousness is along with quantum physics and the multiverse theory to get the full picture here.

Being Atheist is the new hipster. Just people saying they don't believe in God to be different.

:rolleyes
Do you really encounter ppl like this in real life? If so I feel bad for you and whoever you seem to interact with.

Being Atheist is the new hipster. Just people saying they don't believe in God to be different.

:rolleyes
I've been agnostic for a few years now and I whole heartedly agree.

I know some people who, granted they weren't devout, are suddenly doubting their faith (not my doing).
This is the true hipster **** though.

While you question those ppl, others who understand what these words mean shake their head at these ignorant irrelevant claims. Everybody is an agnostic whether they want to admit or not. If they weren't and actual gnostic they'd already prove their beliefs and they'd be facts. You're most likely an atheist and don't even know it or you just avoid the question that atheist is a possible answer to. Saying you're not an atheist but agnostic isn't a coherent reply, the two titles answer two different questions.
Correct.
I just stated I'm agnostic because the two are often (incorrectly) lumped together.
And I disagree that most people are agnostic.  I feel most Americans believe in god but aren't very vested in their faith.
I do not see a clear truth to the position that there is a god or that there isn't one.
It's rather personal so I shan't discuss it but an event in my family caused me to doubt the power and then eventually the existence of god.
From what reading I've done, I came to the conclusion that while there isn't proof of a god.  I also don't see proof of there not being one.

A friend of mine who juggles his religion with his desire to be a scientist (the scientific community is overwhelmingly atheist) puts it like this:
"They cannot disprove one another."

And that's how I feel.  I refuse to take a stance because there isn't evidence for either case.
Most ppl by definition are agnostic. When it comes down to labels you're either an agnostic atheist or an agnostic theist or a deist. Belief has no meaning when dealing with being agnostic or gnostic. By definition it is to know something. The sect of actual gnostics died out centuries ago (unless you're claiming some secret society of them).

So whether most ppl in the world or just Americans believe but don't have deep rooted faith doesn't matter. They'd still be agnostic. If they weren't they'd be able to prove what they know definitively. I've said it before but the whole thing about faith is you can't have it without doubt. It's what makes faith possible and why it's even a concept. If these ppl had no doubt then they'd be certain and wouldn't need to say they have faith.

As an agnostic, if you don't want to take the next step in asking whether you believe in a GOD or not is your choice and is fine but that doesn't change it for everybody else that does. People will either say they don't know or they do know and from either standpoint then decide whether they believe.

I'll say this much as far as this "not being proof that there isn't one" response. That's not how it works. There's something call the burden of proof. If you make a claim about something you should be able to support said claim. Just cuz there's no proof against there being a be a dragon in your pocket doesn't mean that's a valid or sound reason to believe that there is one or might be one. If you're really that liberal with what is possible and what's not then you should be questioning EVERYTHING CONSTANTLY. Like right now you can't even say for sure you're communicating with another person. You could be in the matrix, in a dream, in a version of the Truman Show while in reality you're not a person just a brain in a vat being poked and prodded by spaghetti monster scientists inside a cave on one of Jupiter's moons.

Last edited:
Lol @ me being an atheist because I don't believe in the judeochristian Gods. Dudes love to throw labels out all willy Molly and point fingers, didn't your God tell you people not to judge. To somebody out there ^^^^^you are the atheist.

Does it even know the definition of contradiction? I believe in the possibility of existence of other beings and possibly higher beings that we call "Gods" I just don't believe in Christ or the God in the bible or Koran.

Last edited:
I think some people are connected, and some aren't. I didn't need a science experiment to tell me what's going on behind the scenes.

I've experienced the spirit realm.

Aware

Have you experienced such a realm without psychoactive substances? The brain is a fascinating piece of science, I think if we are to understand other realms and if they exist we need to delve into the mind of schizophrenics and people experiencing active psychoses. Ironically, these people don't even get the benefit of the doubt from religious people. Somehow a schizophrenic that sees and hears things is crazy but religious folks aren't. :lol:

Yes. I have. I'll post some stories about my experiences later.

Back
Top Bottom