Proof of life after death through science. Vol Atheist where is your nongod now

...no

theories are suggested explanations that have been repeatedly tested and confirmed.

however not all theories correctly explain reality, but they can explain real facts. 
Dude made a blanket statement like "science isn't real" and expected everyone to cosign.....meanwhile he's posting messages across a fascinating technology built by science.

Last edited:

...no

theories are suggested explanations that have been repeatedly tested and confirmed.

however not all theories correctly explain reality, but they can explain real facts. 
Dude made a blanket statement like "science isn't real" and expected everyone to cosign.....meanwhile he's posting messages across a fascinating technology built by science.
i didnt exect anyone to cosign. as a matter of fact i expected everyone to react the same way you are right now 
laugh.gif

I almost don't even want to post this, since I know it will turn a religion thread into a religion AND race thread, but am I the only one confused by the fact that black people have no trouble believing in a religion that they were quite literally forced into? My family goes to church weekly and believes that their Christian God holds all answers, and I just end up sitting there perplexed.

Am I just putting too much of a connection between how we got to this point and now? In actuality, does it not matter WHY Christianity became their religion of choice?

My theory is that it is similar to forms of spirituality that black/african people have practiced before, just like every other culture in the world.

My theory is that it is similar to forms of spirituality that black/african people have practiced before, just like every other culture in the world.
Explain to me how Christianity is similar to traditional West African/Southern African religions....I'll wait. This gon' be good.

You might as well say every culture is similar and take religion out of it if we are going to make nonsensical statements like that. Christianity considers traditional polytheistic spiritual traditions pagan. Next thing he's going to tell me that the Mayan and Aztec Gods and religious traditions are very similar to the bible.

The only things these traditions have in common is violence and certain archetypal stories in some of them (Eg. i think there is a flood story in one African myth).

>D

There's wackos on every side of everything though. It can't all be a big joke to you and at the same time you can claim to know you're life. If you're not willing to be open minded instead of being stubborn why bother engaging at all?
:rofl: :rofl: Contradiction
You said this in bold to say what?
I didn't have it in bold.

The statement speaks for itself though. Wackos existing on any side of anything is not a point in regards to the ppl discussing this who are not wackos.

Contradiction?   How so?  Because I refuse to buy into the religious aspect of what I believe.  Religious is miss defined in the English language.  You can do anything religiously.  Like coming on this site.  If you saw my post and got a contradiction well then I don't know what to say to that, because I pretty much spelled out where I was coming from in that post.
You badly misquoted me. Me saying contradiction was not directed at you which anyone can clearly see in my post.
I don't understand how I'm stubborn, or how you got that from anything I posted in this thread.  Stubborn would be only wanting to see it one way based off biased words of others, and 0 evidence(assuming that your some type of atheist).  I got my evidence.  How bout you?
Stubborn in the claim that you know your life and therefore your belief can never be swayed. It wreaks of close mindedness. You claim to have evidence :lol: You should know it's not absolute but hey saying you have evidence doesn't actually mean it's evidence either. Please present said evidence along with your claim. Then we could all move forward but I gotta hunch your evidence isn't that sound or convincing or objective.

Also what would I need evidence for? I'm not the one claiming my beliefs will never be swayed and that I have evidence for them. I'm not that arrogant or stubborn.

Yall dudes steady seem like the prisoners in the allegory of the cave to the point even if you were dragged out you'd still have that veil of ignorance
Lol @ me being an atheist because I don't believe in the judeochristian Gods. Dudes love to throw labels out all willy Molly and point fingers, didn't your God tell you people not to judge. To somebody out there ^^^^^you are the atheist.
Claiming you don't beliefe in the judeochristian GODs means you're an atheist about judeochristian GODs. Are you serious? :lol:
didn't your God tell you people not to judge.
Ummm... is this really directed to me? What GOD is that? When did I claim to believe in any GOD?

I think you should reread my posts. You sound extremely confused if you think I'm arguing from the standpoint as a theist.
To somebody out there ^^^^^you are the atheist.
Again what? How can you be so lost? At what point did I say I wasn't an atheist? Again you must be confused about my stance on this.

Maybe it was explaining the whole thing about agnosticism and atheism, ppl thinking agnosticism is some less extreme view, and that most likely agnostics are atheists.
Does it even know the definition of contradiction? I believe in the possibility of existence of other beings and possibly higher beings that we call "Gods" I just don't believe in Christ or the God in the bible or Koran.
Believing in the possibility and believing in them are TWO DISTINCT THINGS. Important distinctions that decide whether or not you're an atheist about these higher beings. Believing in a possibility of something is NOT the same thing as believing in that something.

You can be an atheist and think there's a possibility that a GOD(s)(or any kind of higher being) exists. You can't be an atheist if you believe that a GOD(s)(or any kind of higher being) exists.

So again, unless you're telling me you believe in these higher beings it sounds like you're an atheist.

I almost don't even want to post this, since I know it will turn a religion thread into a religion AND race thread, but am I the only one confused by the fact that black people have no trouble believing in a religion that they were quite literally forced into? My family goes to church weekly and believes that their Christian God holds all answers, and I just end up sitting there perplexed.

Am I just putting too much of a connection between how we got to this point and now? In actuality, does it not matter WHY Christianity became their religion of choice?
First you're not putting too much of a connection in it. I can't speak on black ppl being more spiritual or seeing some innate connection with spiritual beliefs of Africa but I can speak on the multiple centuries of conditioning the black American has been victim of to on several levels. From letting them think they're suppose to be slaves and deserve it to the conformist pressure society placed on them to get in line once they got a few civil rights back.

I find it just as perplexing. To me it matters why but at this point ppl are just victim of circumstance. Nobody chooses where they're born and that's on a global scale. It's just sad the indoctrination hits them when they're young, they get all the conditioning reinforced by friends, family and the rest of society, and if they're not free thinkers, open minded and just a bit more accepting they'll go down with w/e religion despite past atrocities for better or worse.

What's worse is when I see some try to compromise with that black jesus talk. They want that black pride and still believe in the next man's religion. I don't like it but unfortunately I get it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom