Putting my dog down tomorrow

hey NT, unfortunately i am going tomorrow to the vet to get my dog put to sleep. She is a 14 yr old german shepard with little to no muscle mass in her backlegs. She can barely walk and cannot do the steps that I have in my house. I have to carry her up and down steps when she wants to be around the family. Itkills me to do it because she is healthy otherwise, its just that she cannot move around easily anymore. I know that the quality of life for her is no goodand thats why I made the decision.

So NT, who has had to put down a pet? Whats the process like? What did you do with the remains?

Thanks for any info NT

No info, but I think my shar pei is getting close
frown.gif
. It has so many problems, just feel bad for the guy.

My family always takes the dog up into the hills for one last day of running around, and then puts a .22 in the back of the head. We bury the dog up in themountains. I won't let a vet do the job for me.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

My family always takes the dog up into the hills for one last day of running around, and then puts a .22 in the back of the head. We bury the dog up in the mountains. I won't let a vet do the job for me.

Damn thats brutal... I dont have a dog but i dont think I got it in me to pull the trigger on my own pet.

My family always takes the dog up into the hills for one last day of running around, and then puts a .22 in the back of the head. We bury the dog up in the mountains. I won't let a vet do the job for me.
eek.gif
roll.gif

and shooting it makes it better? you and your family needs some hel.

r.i.p

at least you had the money to do that.

my grandmas dog had a cancer tumor the size of a grapefruit and she was always in pain, and my grandma couldnt afford the 115 bill to put her down.

so she HAD to keep her... she died like 3 months later laying on her favorite spot on the porch.. =[

that ain't cool at all. what kinda redneck/backwards town do you live in?

my dog is old as well and can't climb the stairs to the second floor anymore. he has mange and drinks ridiculous amounts of water. gotta take him outevery other hour to pee. his time is coming real soon.
frown.gif

indifferent.gif

if thats her only problem i wouldnt do it ... let her just lay and enjoy your company for a while ...

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

1. It's cheaper.
2. It's more personal.

Its not her only problem, its just the most serious. She lost all fat mass in her head, has 3 fatty lumps on her body, has dropped 18 lbs in the last 3 weeks,has trouble breathing, and trouble eating. Im surprised she has made it this long.

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

1. It's cheaper.
2. It's more personal.
old yeller boy.

Makes me think of Shiloh.
Judd Travers
nerd.gif

damn i wouldnt even want to think about doing thatt..my dog is turning 11 this year

Originally Posted by Hugo

Dont do it =[
yeah don't
frown.gif

this is one of the saddest things,
I would never have the strength to make this decision especially if he/she isn't terminally sick

I love my dog man
embarassed.gif

Also, this just came to me but think of your grand parents and older folks when they struggle to get up stairs and do the things they did when they wereyounger. We don't put them to sleep do we? =\

Nah, I feel you though. To come to this decision must be hard for you. I just wouldn't do it unless it was absolutely necessary

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You not serious are you? if u are.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

eek.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom