QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Agian, should be looking at the money spent on the QB position as a whole

eagles paid wentz couple seasons ago

the eagles have just done a better job drafting

it ain’t mahomes fault the chiefs made poor choices like drafting a RB in the first

Agian, should be looking at the money spent on the QB position as a whole

eagles paid wentz couple seasons ago

the eagles have just done a better job drafting

it ain’t mahomes fault the chiefs made poor choices like drafting a RB in the first
So you're saying it's ok to pay your Quarterback? :emoji_thinking:

I thought it was a death sentence or something

I shouldn’t have to tell you of all people this, you saw how great your draft classes were

and then how great they weren’t

seems irresponsible at best to not factor in the poor decisions being made by those in charge

I shouldn’t have to tell you of all people this, you saw how great your draft classes were

and then how great they weren’t

seems irresponsible at best to not factor in the poor decisions being made by those in charge
Hey I'm just asking questions. I shouldn't have to tell you that's not my agenda to leave out the context you provided so eloquently
hubie (3).png

Hey I'm just asking questions. I shouldn't have to tell you that's not my agenda to leave out the context you provided so eloquently
hubie (3).png

I know.. I know

just find it wild how someone can advocate for the whole team

and then focus on a single detail afterwards

like even when we had wentz on a rookie deal, still had bradford’s dead money, paying other decent money

then we obviously had wentz dead money.. but our GM was good with the cap, so cap space wasn’t an issue.. Just poor drafting and replacing talent (WRs being the obvious recent examples for us before devonta and AJ)

Mahomes will be the first QB since Steve Young to win a SB while being Top 3 in salary in the salary cap era.

About 3 decades worth of evidence. I guess we can just dismiss that...as "agenda".

Mahomes will be the first QB since Steve Young to win a SB while being Top 3 in salary in the salary cap era.

About 3 decades worth of evidence. I guess we can just dismiss that...as "agenda".

Do you have anything on those that start out with a top 3 contract, but while under that same contract they get surpassed on the earners list but still win a SB under that same contract?

Do you have anything on those that start out with a top 3 contract, but while under that same contract they get surpassed on the earners list but still win a SB under that same contract?

Damn, that would take a ton of work. :lol:

I can't imagine there's too many of those cases. I could try to review year to year and see what I find.

We still ignoring what the Rams had sunk in cap space at the quarterback position last year?

I see what you're sayin with Goff, but that money renders them dead if they weren't able to offset it with OBJ/Von Miller. (1.5 mil total for both)

Damn, that would take a ton of work. :lol:

I can't imagine there's too many of those cases. I could try to review year to year and see what I find.

Just wondering. It would be interesting info given how the salary cap always goes up and how some of these contracts work.

Seems like if you get the top contract, you don't hold that spot for long so I think it provides reasonable context.

Geno too because it's not like he'll be cheap either lol even on a short deal.

I'm not saying you can't pay them anything (give them raises) just not top 3-5 money.

Geno can absolutely cash in a nice raise. Like if he was 12th in salary. Fair for him, and the team.

If Geno wants Aaron Rodgers money........well...

Just wondering. It would be interesting info given how the salary cap always goes up and how some of these contracts work.

Seems like if you get the top contract, you don't hold that spot for long so I think it provides reasonable context.

I think I posted some data last year using Brady as the example (and Peyton too). I'll see if I can locate.

I'm not saying you can't pay them anything (give them raises) just not top 3-5 money.

Geno can absolutely cash in a nice raise. Like if he was 12th in salary. Fair for him, and the team.

If Geno wants Aaron Rodgers money........well...
Yeah not sure where he lands. Def not that high (3-5) but it should be high given the other contracts in the top 10 are old and based on lower caps

Derek Carr is making 40 AAV 🤷🏿‍♂️

And his team record certainly reflected that.

If Carr made 25, and LV spread 15 mil elsewhere around the roster...... *Shrugs*
indecisive-i-dont-know.gif

Mayock wasn't that great at GM and Josh McDaniels is well...Josh McDaniels

Idk if an extra 15 mil changes that team's record that much

and there's more than one way to free up 15 mil if they want to do it 🤷🏿‍♂️

If I remember correctly raiders had multiple firsts in multiple drafts and only had 1 dude stick on the roster

and they did stuff, like draft a RB in the first

looking just at Carr, is excusing a lot of people

Back
Top Bottom