Question for asian NTers

Im puerto rican and can differentiate hispanics . thats about it
tired.gif

I can usually tell, but not always. There has been a fair amount of mixing in Asia due to Mongol conquering, Japanese tyranny etc.

Originally Posted by ChiqGa

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Okay then guys. What is this guy?!?

0719-idealman.jpg
korean. u can tell by his eyelids (there are none).
You can also tell by the orange Korean characters on dude's forehead.
laugh.gif

Even if that didn't give it away, you can tell by the skin complexion as well as the eyes.

I am not Asian, and the first guy I could tell he was Korean, and the second guy looks Japanese to me too.

I think it is Chinese sometimes that is hard to tell. I can, most of the time, tell the difference between Filipinos, Vietnamese, and Cambodians and howdifferent they look from Koreans or Japanese for example. I can also tell that Indonesians, Malaysians, and Singaporeans look more similar to each other anddifferent than their other Asian counterparts.

I usually can make an educated guess, any additional information such as name, habits or accent help out even more.

Most people guess wrong with me though. I've been mistaken for just about everything in Asia except for Indian. I'm Vietnamese, but I'm mainlymistaken for Chinese because of name, looks and the little I know in Cantonese and Mandarin. And Japanese and Korean people've told me that I have a name(when written out in characters) that could go in either direction.

airbornho wrote:

I'm Vietnamese

And Japanese and Korean people've told me that I have a name (when written out in characters) that could go in either direction.
....?? What's your name if you don't mind me asking.

Originally Posted by Nktran001

airbornho wrote:

I'm Vietnamese

And Japanese and Korean people've told me that I have a name (when written out in characters) that could go in either direction.
....?? What's your name if you don't mind me asking.

Written out, it's 胡正

guess what I am (just by looking at me) (my eyes are bigger btw).

Statistically speaking, 97% of the time people get my ethnicity wrong, (don't look at my name btw). And these statistics are coming from all types ofASIANS (and others) I met in my college.
Spoiler [+]
I'm 100% Vietnamese

It's not really difficult to distinguish Asian nationalities and I'm not even Asian.

There is a grey area with Southern Asians like Vietnamese & Thai. Indonesian & Malaysian in particular since those two cultures are multi-ethnic.

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

It's not really difficult to distinguish Asian nationalities

Co-sign, most people are either too lazy or ignorant to bother with picking out the differences.

Lil Cao: I had a hunch you were Viet, I know a couple friends that look similar. Could've gone in a buncha different directions too.

Lil Cao - I was going to guess Vietnamese or Cambodian. I was going to even say something like Laos since you were saying people barely getoff the bat where you are from. No beasting or simping, but you are cute by the way.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom