"Racism is as American as baseball"

It’s not saying all white people are the same. It’s saying that white people who ignore racism, systemic issues, and social issues when it’s Present in their face are complicit in its growth. Like I said, click baity title, but the contents are truthful.

“Inequality and racism exist not because of evil but because the unaffected majority put their interests above all others, and their inaction allows inequality to flourish. That is why I believe that silence in the presence of injustice is as bad as injustice itself. White people who are quiet about racism might not plant the seed, but their silence is sunlight.”

Ironically the shouting of “you can’t generalize people and say they’re all the same” and then going about your day without any further introspection or action is exactly the point this editorial is getting at.

A CBS survey revealed that most Americans disagree with Trump’s “both sides” equivocation regarding the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Va., last year. According to a CNN/ORC poll, a majority of Americans opposed the white-nationalist-inspired travel ban. Two-thirds of Americans say that separating children from their parents at the border is unacceptable, according to a CBS poll.

Still, most white people won’t do ****.”

No ones dumping all white people into one group. Don’t let the click bait title fool you.
No no I get what you’re saying but even at that it’s a broad stroke. I’m by no means a racist apologist in any way shape form so let me get that out of the way. Yes the title is click bait material but even the content is swayed. It would be more just to site their specific area of where the information is taken and left it at that

No no I get what you’re saying but even at that it’s a broad stroke. I’m by no means a racist apologist in any way shape form so let me get that out of the way. Yes the title is click bait material but even the content is swayed. It would be more just to site their specific area of where the information is taken and left it at that

I mean at the end of the day it’s an editorial. It’s “swayed” by design. But the point it’s getting at is valid in my opinion. Racism is one of those things you’re either for or against it. Taking middle ground makes you complicit it’s spreading and it’s growth. White people being the majority in this country are in the unique position of being white in an all white space and all of the social leverage that comes with it. To see racism and not call it out makes them complicit, and in the authors opinion makes them a coward as well.

I mean at the end of the day it’s an editorial. It’s “swayed” by design. But the point it’s getting at is valid in my opinion. Racism is one of those things you’re either for or against it. Taking middle ground makes you complicit it’s spreading and it’s growth. White people being the majority in this country are in the unique position of being white in an all white space and all of the social leverage that comes with it. To see racism and not call it out makes them complicit, and in the authors opinion makes them a coward as well.
Agreed, I’m say they should say these specific people, in this specific area, under these specific scenarios are _______. Imo it would be more valid. But meh maybe it’s just me. Having done research myself I know how rigorous are precise your claim needs to be at least from an educational standpoint. I guess for random coffee table reads, not so much

Agreed, I’m say they should say these specific people, in this specific area, under these specific scenarios are _______. Imo it would be more valid. But meh maybe it’s just me. Having done research myself I know how rigorous are precise your claim needs to be at least from an educational standpoint. I guess for random coffee table reads, not so much

I think editorials are more conversations starters rather than statistically anlysis. And I think that’s okay. The people who are on the other side of the argument won’t accept the data regardless

giphy.gif

At this point she minus whale jump off the GG bridge. Her livelihood is overrrrrr :lol:

^thats a point i wanted to bring up. She straight regurgitated crap she heard on tv.

Cant make it any easier for republican candidates.

Back
Top Bottom