RANKING THE BEST PIZZA CITIES IN THE WORLD

The problem with the perception of NYC is that outsiders think corner pizzeria pizza is the epitome of NYC pizza. Yeah you can walk into a random pizzeria and get solid slice and it’s most likely a lot of cheese. But it’s like going to a city and having a diner burger and thinking that’s the standard of their burgers. Go to a top 10 NYC pizzeria and then decide if you like it or not. If not, that’s cool but top tier pizzerias in New York are top notch. Those spots make their cheese, dough and sauce in house. No shredded factory cheese

Too much sauce

deep-dish-big-bad-wolf.jpg
this trash look like thsis
0007218074924_A

:lol:

Deep dish pizza is not pizza, it's literally pie. Still good though =) Also, as previously stated, Naples pizza is far superior to Rome pizza, it's all about the dough as well as using plenty of sauce and fior di latte cheese.
20180505_111337.jpg

Deep dish pizza is not pizza, it's literally pie. Still good though =) Also, as previously stated, Naples pizza is far superior to Rome pizza, it's all about the dough as well as using plenty of sauce and fior di latte cheese.
20180505_111337.jpg

Master Zik Master Zik B Sox B Sox SC kid SC kid

The pie language here is confusing. Aren't all full , round presentations of pizza considered, PIES?

So because one has more depth makes it not pizza?

Maaaan, I need some Jets Pizza like yesterday. I miss that buttery ***, good *** 8 corner pizza crust. Still salty these damn southerners let that place go out of business in favor of Papa Johns. :smh: :smh:
I had it last night :smokin

DD technically is a pie.

Just a really thick pie

It's also tasty I've had it in Chicago.
There's no denying it tastes good.

But it's a pie I would never order again.

The problem with the perception of NYC is that outsiders think corner pizzeria pizza is the epitome of NYC pizza. Yeah you can walk into a random pizzeria and get solid slice and it’s most likely a lot of cheese. But it’s like going to a city and having a diner burger and thinking that’s the standard of their burgers. Go to a top 10 NYC pizzeria and then decide if you like it or not. If not, that’s cool but top tier pizzerias in New York are top notch. Those spots make their cheese, dough and sauce in house. No shredded factory cheese

Isn't that what people are doing about Chicago-style too?

most people base their understanding off of Giordano's, Uno, and Lou Malnatti, which are decent but are typical tourist traps in the Loop, River North, Lake View etc. areas they tend to stick to...

Went to Rome and didn't enjoy the pizza there.

NYC slightly edges out Chicago IMO.

Glad to see Providence representing though :pimp:

I don't mind chicago style, but wouldn't look for it when I had a pizza craving. NY and Naples styles are literally pizza, don't get how anyone who likes pizza could have a problem with those.

Isn't that what people are doing about Chicago-style too?

most people base their understanding off of Giordano's, Uno, and Lou Malnatti, which are decent but are typical tourist traps in the Loop, River North, Lake View etc. areas they tend to stick to...

I’ve never had Chicago style so I can’t speak off experience but I can see why it would be harder for someone to like Chicago style over liking NYC/Detroit/CT pizza bc of the thicker texture

No San Francisco? The city has a great variety of spots. NY style and Chi style.

And its called a "Pizza Pie" anyways...

DD technically is a pie.

Just a really thick pie

It's also tasty I've had it in Chicago.
There's no denying it tastes good.

But it's a pie I would never order again.

Chicago deep dish is something you eat once a year.

I highly doubt people in or around Chicago are ordering it every week like people do with normal pizza.

I had girodanos when it opened up in the fall downtown Detroit. Haven't had it since and don't plan to for awhile. Got a few A1 spots especially a new one I found. Damn good pizza

Back
Top Bottom