RANKING THE BEST PIZZA CITIES IN THE WORLD

I lived in California half my life, Seattle the other half, and am an avid pizza lover. That being said, I don’t get the hate for Chicago deep dish.

I love it all and make my decision on pizza types depending on the situation. Going to Italy is on my bucket list, partly due to pizza, and I heard the pizza in Tokyo is insanely good as well. I recommend y’all watch the “Pizza” episode of Ugly Delicous on Netflix.

Weekend eats

Papi johns
20180609_080216.jpg

Cold slice for breakfast
20180609_063816.jpg

Dude, you don't have any real pizza options in your city/town? Bragging about eating Papa Johns? LOL

What's good with Detroit-styled? There are two spots in NY that I've been wanting to try.

Lions & Tigers & Squares Detroit Pizza (Manhattan) & Emmy Squared (Brooklyn).

Not sure if I just missed the good pizza places when I was in Italy over the holidays, but from my experience Italian pizza is definitely overrated

At the very least, average American pizza > average Italian pizza

NY pizza is trash. Thats basically the only pizza i can find in my city. It's super flat and overall disappointing.

I grew up on Chicago pizza so thats tops in my book.

Tri-state basically falls under the same umbrella. The Italians running the pizzerias here in north jersey all come from the boroughs.

What's good with Detroit-styled? There are two spots in NY that I've been wanting to try.

Lions & Tigers & Squares Detroit Pizza (Manhattan) & Emmy Squared (Brooklyn).
If you’ve ever had Jets pizza that’s it. It’s deep dish, mad bread like the Little Caesars but like 50 times better. It’s good but doesn’t stand out like nyc pie or Hidalgo deep dish.

Chicago style pizza is great but I almost feel like it shouldn't even be called pizza. It's more like a calzone/lasagna mashup.

Sicilian pizza is damn good. Had a slice yesterday after not having one for a long time. It’s kinda like pan pizza but fluffier.

Back
Top Bottom