Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The Gucci stuff is baffling to me.

Her sound is dated and she has no huge record. It's that's simple, Cardi has a sound and style people are rocking with for now. She won't last as long as Nicki for sure but it's working. If anything Nicki is showing people who she really is now. A insecure, cornball from the jump.

Those voices sound corny as hell now.

What works for you at 25 doesn't stay the same at 35. Kid N Play couldn't have flat tops at 35.

People just got tired of her. Her **** is repetitive and gimmicky. There were always reports of her being a B back then but she was hot so people had to deal with it. Now people don't so they're gonna continue to **** on her and she'll keep tweeting about numbers and awards while people laugh at her.

before i go any further into this let me say that i've never really been a nicki fan, & outside of a few verses i never thought she was spitting the way some people claimed she was. With that said at some point in the past year or two it's become the "cool" thing to bash everything she does, & the majority of it is coming from people who were sucking her off before. it's just disgusting to me that these "fans" will tur around & laugh and hope for someone's downfall at the drop of a dime, just because it's the popular thing to do.

Nicki makes it easy and it isn't unwarranted. She says and does a lot of dumb things. Which is totally different than Gucci.

People just got tired of her. Her **** is repetitive and gimmicky. There were always reports of her being a B back then but she was hot so people had to deal with it. Now people don't so they're gonna continue to **** on her and she'll keep tweeting about numbers and awards while people laugh at her.

Bragging about the numbers on Black Ink Chicago

I understand promoting it before, but reporting back. See people do like me :lol:

She has probably has no team around her, because they left.

I thought it was funny when she used to get upset at Charlamange for giving her constructive criticism. Not even bashing her. Saying a song isn't good?

The fact dudes aint rocking with gucci no more blows my mind

Just hood politics, he still got love in the city it’s just a new regime of young _’s running his old spots and he ain’t tapped in with em. Juice actually had run ins with em.

This same exact thing was going on with Shawty Lo for a min. He got his buzz up and started getting on the road doing shows etc and some new _’s from around the way saw that as a golden opportunity to set up shop in his hood and start getting money. Then he had to come back and see wassup.

When him and TI started beefing those are the _’s TI went and tapped in with :lol: he threw a big community BBQ out there and shot that video

Her and Wayne are in the same boat. Those silly repetitive bars worked for a while but eventually people woke up like "This is some BS".

people were literally online saying Nicki is having a breakdown, laughing & pointing at her possibly having mental issues.... these same people then act as if a family member betrayed them when said artist doesn't "fight" for them anymore.

In general i'm just sick of this entitlement fans seem to have when it comes to artist lives & decisions.

The fact dudes aint rocking with gucci no more blows my mind

By all accounts, he was real solid with them on the music tip, and ain’t do no shady business with them dudes while giving them a bigger platform and studio (brick factory) to build a following.
Seems they kinda just kinda feel a way with the fact that he not kicking it with them, and they feel he “phony now” since he ain’t come home back on the usual ****, and more squared up now.

Don’t think it’s beef really. They just in different directions. Peeped a comment scooter responded to where someone was saying Gucci “outgrew the streets”...and Scooter responded, how can you “outgrow the streets, they don’t move”.

By all accounts, he was real solid with them on the music tip, and ain’t do no shady business with them dudes while giving them a bigger platform and studio (brick factory) to build a following.
Seems they kinda just kinda feel a way with the fact that he not kicking it with them, and they feel he “phony now” since he ain’t come home back on the usual ****, and more squared up now.

Don’t think it’s beef really. They just in different directions. Peeped a comment scooter responded to where someone was saying Gucci “outgrew the streets”...and Scooter responded, how can you “outgrow the streets, they don’t move”.

:stoneface:

What’s the stoneface for? Them ***** ain’t beefin.

You got Gucci who’s clearly matured for the better on ones side after a bid....and you got the other side still concerned about street ****.

Two different directions. Thats disconnect. Not beef.

I think it's like this. Fans want you humble. From the beginning most artist are humble, down to earth, relateable( i.e.Cardi). So fans want you to win, because they want to be there for your come up. But when you start doing stuff like posting your new Lamborghini and the receipts they start to turn their nose up at you. Like you changed. A lot of these artist get big heads and the money and fame changes them. Cardi will be getting the backlash soon. I think it's already started some.

But Nicki's ego got crazy. She's not likeable at this point. And the music isn't good enough to win over fans again. All this I have to be a B, and men are allowed to be a certain way. The fake feminism excusing why you're an ******* to people. That has nothing to do with how you treat people.

Rihanna and Beyonce are two of the biggest artist in the world but go about it different ways. Beyonce does the down to earth and humble thing. Rihanna does the relateable and real thing. It's not really possible to hate either one unless you're just a hater. You might dislike their music, but there's nothing about them to hate.

Nicki, she gives off an aura of phoniness. It was cool at 25, not so much at 35. Her fan was right about wanting to see some growth.

That first paragraph is why people still love J Cole. Dude be in the streets as a regular *** dude. We truly never know rappers motives, and even though I know it’s the way he’s marketed I honestly believe it’s genuine.

j-cole-ferguson.jpg

Cole-protest-karencivil.jpg

One day some of these rappers will wake up

J Cole and Kendrick don't have to spend a million on jewelry. Buy 5 Rolls. They have nobody to impress.

What’s the stoneface for? Them ***** ain’t beefin.

You got Gucci who’s clearly matured for the better on ones side after a bid....and you got the other side still concerned about street ****.

Two different directions. Thats disconnect. Not beef.

It's at how dumb the statement is

That first paragraph is why people still love J Cole. Dude be in the streets as a regular *** dude. We truly never know rappers motives, and even though I know it’s the way he’s marketed I honestly believe it’s genuine.

j-cole-ferguson.jpg

Cole-protest-karencivil.jpg

Literally, one of the realest rappers.

Apparently Nicki had a Mariah Carey/TRL-esque breakdown on her radio show last lol

She scrambling something serious right now man, fame is scary
Over blown
She was just yelling at the label
To release the album at 9pm last night
Instead of 9am today over the phone

Over blown
She was just yelling at the label
To release the album at 9pm last night
Instead of 9am today over the phone

Aw okay

Thing is tho, she had already announced last week the album was pushed back to the 17th :lol:

This rollout is looking pretty sloppy

Back
Top Bottom