Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Dawg I said the exact same thing reading it. Mans said he's from Chicago and first rapper he listed is ****ing eminem. On the first day of Black History month too.
:smh:

What other pill poppin rapper should I compare him too? Honestly he doesnt even deserve to mentioned in the same breath as Eminem. His race has nothing to do with his talent as an actual rapper.

IDK now man, y'all ****** know I love me some old school Em. What he said is actually debatable lol just depends on what you're in the mood for.

That being said, Em fell off a giant cliff after the Eminem show and Future has never declined musically and had a very steady and consistent run and I wouldn't play any Eminem that came out after 04 over anything Future has ever made.

Both of them in my top 10

Eminem has some classic songs but overall I think his catalog aged horribly. He's arguably the best rapper in terms of technical skill, but a lot of his catalog is dog**** musically.

Last edited:
IDK now man, y'all ****** know I love me some old school Em. What he said is actually debatable lol just depends on what you're in the mood for.

That being said, Em fell off a giant cliff after the Eminem show and Future has never declined musically and had a very steady and consistent run and I wouldn't play any Eminem that came out after 04 over anything Future has ever made.

Both of them in my top 10

Can't really fall off when you've never been good in the first place. :wink:

Eminem has some classic songs but overall I think his catalog aged horribly. He's arguably the best rapper in terms of technically speaking, but a lot of his catalog is dog**** musically.
He fell so far down the lyrical miracle rabbit hole he’s like those battle rappers who can’t make a song. His **** has been unlistenable for YEARS.

He can still recite a dictionary better than anyone tho, without actually saying anything.

That’s not “lyrical” to me

He fell so far down the lyrical miracle rabbit hole he’s like those battle rappers who can’t make a song. His **** has been unlistenable for YEARS.

He can still recite a dictionary better than anyone tho, without actually saying anything.

That’s not “lyrical” to me
Thassit. When u can rhyme 8 4 syllable words real fast that’s “lyrical”. He wanna think and think hard. One of them dudes who liked I’m so high I can eat a star, or it’s going up…. Balloon.

Would your name happen to be Mike? And your nickname on the west side have a color in front of Mike?

have to strongly disagree about DOOM being corny, listen to Operation Doomsday he's very slick. we used to listen to that in conjunction w/Supreme Clientele, DOOM wasn't as out there as Ghost, 'Perb or Capp of the da late 90s/2000 but he was tricky. Cam is a rapper who I would still love to hear go down that route, I know his voice isn't what it used to but well Purple Haze era Cam coulda been 1 of the illest. sumtimes I wonder if he uses that subpar/lo-fi mixing purposely to give his stuff that grimy sound.

have to strongly disagree about DOOM being corny, listen to Operation Doomsday he's very slick. we used to listen to that in conjunction w/Supreme Clientele, DOOM wasn't as out there as Ghost, 'Perb or Capp of the da late 90s/2000 but he was tricky. Cam is a rapper who I would still love to hear go down that route, I know his voice isn't what it used to but well Purple Haze era Cam coulda been 1 of the illest. sumtimes I wonder if he uses that subpar/lo-fi mixing purposely to give his stuff that grimy sound.

Nah, the mask bit was corny and if he wasn't well loved and received everyone would think it was corny. I feel off even talking about him this way, because he's deceased.

but it's like DMX, he made the dog and barking thing not corny, but it was.

Like Childish Gambino was corny to me, and I couldn't get in to him really.

Back
Top Bottom