Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

supposedly ak had a unregistered gun during a stop which is the meat (pause) of the possible jail time

didn’t investigate cause I don’t care much but that’s the main charge I saw

It’s no way y’all believe that ***** is locked up for anything

lMost of that crowd just hates Nicki, they'll "support" anybody who can take her from the top

Not 100% all true. Right now, you absolutely will look like a “hater” if you critique Cardi B’s music. And a lot of people don’t want to be labeled that....so they’ll just blanketedly say she’s “dope” and keep it moving. Her also being seemingly a good, open spirit makes it hard for some to call it what it is. Most just thought the moment would die in time and wanted to see her win for that momment....but she’s getting legitimized slowly as a top tier rapper while everyone conviently overlooks what she is.

The only thing that’s really “dope” about Cardi musically is her personality. The bar has been lowered for her as far as “respect” goes...and there are numerous reasons for this.

That being said...Cardi and her team have picked some smart features and production that work extremely well with her core fan base. Women and gay men who care for the end result. And moments like “Trap Selena” on “Motorsport” or that “gimme face” line or “turn g-easy out” on “it ain’t safe”....resonate well with that crowd. You just gotta watch women react when those Cardi songs come on. It’s incredible.

Over time though....the “girl we watched come up” persona will fade...and people will sour and really start to see Cardi for her lack of artistry.....then they’ll pretend they care :lol:.

Rinse and repeat.

"Most" is def a hyperbole but from the people that I've seen there's a good amount of people who are tired of Nicki coastin' at the top and will help whoever comes to take her off the top. Cardi is cool. I don't get the hype of her being so talented other than she seems to be a genuine person who grinded and made her way.

Not to say this conversation shouldn't be had. But it's mad premature. When a new female comes up, they stay there for a while. We got 5+ years of Cardi running the female rap lane fellas :lol: ... Honestly tho, she hasn't had any misses yet. Even on that Bruno track she delivered. That change of pace is what she needed

Not to say this conversation shouldn't be had. But it's mad premature. When a new female comes up, they stay there for a while. We got 5+ years of Cardi running the female rap lane fellas :lol: ... Honestly tho, she hasn't had any misses yet. Even on that Bruno track she delivered. That change of pace is what she needed

Seems like Nicki being cold has led to a bit of a renaissance for various female acts :lol: Nicki stayed for so long cause she was coddled by all the networks/media outlets and no one challenged her. Look at how BET (and MTV) played a part in that. Always nominating other women in rap categories who often times hadn’t even released music that year :lol: it also doesn’t help that Nicki rarely (if ever) did songs with other female rappers. Meanwhile Cardi B was apart of Remy’s set that featured a ton of other female rappers both past and present not too long ago.

The push is evident, of course her raps are getting written, and their still trash. They actually fit perfect for the push.

Her delivery is absolutely terrible and till this day I can't believe it doesn't get called out more. People are afraid to openly critique her and that's a shame.

There's always been "artist" like this in the game. Nothing is new, I'm just salty the agenda is no longer skills to go along with the artifical push.

I agree but this is common now. There’s a lot of people that have a terrible flow and can’t rap getting money. This is accepted now, ain’t **** we can do.

Cardi is terrible, her flow, her annunciation is terrible. She’s one of the worst.

It’s also crazy how many strippers are becoming rappers and doing well, Cardi isn’t the first but she’s the first to get accepted and now 4-5 other girls are doing it and getting hot.

Not 100% all true. Right now, you absolutely will look like a “hater” if you critique Cardi B’s music. And a lot of people don’t want to be labeled that....so they’ll just blanketedly say she’s “dope” and keep it moving. Her also being seemingly a good, open spirit makes it hard for some to call it what it is. Most just thought the moment would die in time and wanted to see her win for that momment....but she’s getting legitimized slowly as a top tier rapper while everyone conviently overlooks what she is.

The only thing that’s really “dope” about Cardi musically is her personality. The bar has been lowered for her as far as “respect” goes...and there are numerous reasons for this.

That being said...Cardi and her team have picked some smart features and production that work extremely well with her core fan base. Women and gay men who care for the end result. And moments like “Trap Selena” on “Motorsport” or that “gimme face” line or “turn g-easy out” on “it ain’t safe”....resonate well with that crowd. You just gotta watch women react when those Cardi songs come on. It’s incredible.

Over time though....the “girl we watched come up” persona will fade...and people will sour and really start to see Cardi for her lack of artistry.....then they’ll pretend they care :lol:.

Rinse and repeat.

you need 2 become an A&R seriously

Cardi had music out and wasn’t popping for a little while but she had a decent following on IG. Her IG grew bigger and bigger, people thought she was funny and real. Then she got more love on her second season of Love and Hip Hop and she got crazy exposure, that **** got her out of here quick. She’s trash and can’t rap or even speak. Her run will be much shorter than Nicki’s but she cool for now, they’ll turn on her.

And moments like “Trap Selena” on “Motorsport” or that “gimme face” line or “turn g-easy out” on “it ain’t safe”....resonate well with that crowd. You just gotta watch women react when those Cardi songs come on. It’s incredible.

Im glad you said that cause a lot of people overlook these but they can be really important as far as reaching out and grabbing you past the hook. People have various terms for them but I know Jay-Z and them refer to them as “tricks”

It can be a super memorable line, flow, etc. Jay would write his **** then go back and dumb it down a lil and add “tricks”

Imagine ‘Hot *****’ without “Mitch caught a body bout a week ago” or ‘All Gold Everything’ without “Popped a Molly I’m sweating”. I saw “Got a bag and fixed my teeth” everywhere after Bodak Yellow blew up.

Kanye used to kill it but Drake is one of the best at tricks right now, _write a whole 16 full of IG captions and one line tweets :lol:

Last edited:
Cardi's success really got ppl shook :lol:

She's your typical commercial artist, she's not here to impress anyone with lyrics. Pinning her success on Nicki Minaj backlash doesn't add up. Plenty of female rappers came after Nicki and never blew up like Cardi did. If the public turns against her than maybe ya'll right. I seen ppl claim she's made jokes about black women and dark skinned ppl. Yet I've seen no evidence. Why do ppl want her to fail so bad
laugh.gif

#FreeAkademiks BTW

Who outside of her fanbase is calling Cardi a top tier rapper :lol:, I've heard this argument with Nicki & it took YEARS. Cardi ain't getting that type of recognition for her skill.

The bar has been lowered for her as far as “respect” goes

No, the bar has been lowered for ALL rappers & persona & charisma is what Sells, ESPECIALLY in her lane of music. Unless she makes a huge personality change i don't see people turning on her for awhile. She's basically Nicki's early career persona amplified & more authentic. The game is in a place now where "artistry" isn't even demanded from some of the top male artist, So her being 1/5 Female rappers is gonna allow her to cook for a minute.

Seems like Nicki being cold has led to a bit of a renaissance for various female acts :lol: Nicki stayed for so long cause she was coddled by all the networks/media outlets and no one challenged her. Look at how BET (and MTV) played a part in that. Always nominating other women in rap categories who often times hadn’t even released music that year :lol: it also doesn’t help that Nicki rarely (if ever) did songs with other female rappers. Meanwhile Cardi B was apart of Remy’s set that featured a ton of other female rappers both past and present not too long ago.

BET was funny as hell with those "Best Female rapper" nominations. They would have songs that nobody has ever heard against Nicki's big hits. She went up there sarcastically saying "I'm surprised I won!" one year. :lol:

Can't be mad at Nicki but she got spoiled. She was the only female getting attention now it's a new fine girl in class and she don't like it. This one female at a time never made sense to me. Back in the day Kim, Foxy, Missy, Eve, Trina was all on at the same time.

What's crazy is Nicki went pop for a minute, now nobody wants her.:lol:

Thats what these labels do man. Push you towards some **** that ends up alienating your OG fanbase.

Atlantic is notorious for this too. Lupe ruined his legacy ****ing around with them folks :smh:

Saigon didn't even get a chance to get started, they wanted this _ to do song w Pretty Ricky :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom