Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Been givin kd2 more time lately. Album really is dope man. I aint kno he had it it em. Lol

im gonna give the first another go round off the strength of 2.

if he manages to top kd2 with this next album he’s about to release, i wont s*** on yo for the next 6 months. Lol

Nelly nasty for this BUT how the hell did none of them own this? Nelly weak for this though. They still making money off that name.

I don’t think they sell a lot of clothes but they probably use it for shows and appearances

I mean I kinda just assumed if anybody making money off the name St. Lunatics, its Nelly. Who making money off G-Unit name? The Roc, now?

****ed up that he just filed the other day and then sent a cease and desist.

I mean I kinda just assumed if anybody making money off the name St. Lunatics, its Nelly. Who making money off G-Unit name? The Roc, now?

****ed up that he just filed the other day and then sent a cease and desist.

Ali created the group and they all wrote the Country Grammar album. Nelly got Doritos, Burger King and Cheerios in the last year and he doing all these country music shows so he getting crazy money. It’s wild to try to stop the money for the group that helped you get on.

Does trademarking expire? Feel like there’s no way that name wasn’t trademarked when Nelly was in his prime and the St Lunatics album went platinum.

Nelly must have crazy expenses. Mans don’t wanna bust the money down and divvy it up amongst the group? Cold

Ali created the group and they all wrote the Country Grammar album. Nelly got Doritos, Burger King and Cheerios in the last year and he doing all these country music shows so he getting crazy money. It’s wild to try to stop the money for the group that helped you get on.

Does trademarking expire? Feel like there’s no way that name wasn’t trademarked when Nelly was in his prime and the St Lunatics album went platinum.
Yes it does but usually the ppl who created something or most related to it snatch it up and stay on it so they don't lose it but yeah a trademark is something that can just lapse and be up for someone else to trademark.

would have loved for the disses to be flipped so y’all could be in here calling Drake a chatty patty :lol:
I read all your messages that week in Jay voice at hot 97. ***** was reaching for every single excuse and out. “See i disqualify ****** when they bring sick people in it” “wowwww he’s a dad?! That’s all he got?!” “Drake song sonically sounds better! It was engineered on the newest equipment and he used a 3500 mic!”

I read all your messages that week in Jay voice at hot 97. ***** was reaching for every single excuse and out. “See i disqualify ****** when they bring sick people in it” “wowwww he’s a dad?! That’s all he got?!” “Drake song sonically sounds better! It was engineered on the newest equipment and he used a 3500 mic!”

Like how y’all was sounding in the Meek beef?
“Meek won the war!” “Drake of course gonna win!” “Meek got the streets!” “That diss was Meeks warmup!” “He’s a battle rapper, but he’s not battle rapping in this one!”

Yea I know :lol:

Imma keep it a buck meek hurt my heart with that one. I was talking spicy as hell to my friends like he the battle rap *****, he baited the singing ***** to his arena….. I’d rather listen to under taker OG theme than that ever again.

But he got down wit a better chess player than him wit push and bit off more than he could chew. He lucky it stopped after rd 1 cuz I got a feeling it was about to get super ugly.

would have loved for the disses to be flipped so y’all could be in here calling Drake a chatty patty :lol:

I loathe when people say this. All diss songs are “gossip” and “chatty patty”

We seen Drake fighting tears on HBO and was talking about hurting Pusha.

Duppy is a great song and a top 5 Drake song in my book.

People were dumb for thinking Meek was gonna have some lyrical diss (his music ain’t lyrical) so I have no idea what the **** people were thinking. buuuuuuuuttttt Meek won the war cause that **** tainted Drake legacy forever, he’ll never be able to escape that. I’d bet my ****in house if Aubrey could pay to take that whole beef back, he would.

Jail saved Meek’s career

I loathe when people say this. All diss songs are “gossip” and “chatty patty”

We seen Drake fighting tears on HBO and was talking about hurting Pusha.

Duppy is a great song and a top 5 Drake song in my book.

People were dumb for thinking Meek was gonna have some lyrical diss (his music ain’t lyrical) so I have no idea what the **** people were thinking. buuuuuuuuttttt Meek won the war cause that **** tainted Drake legacy forever, he’ll never be able to escape that. I’d bet my ****in house if Aubrey could pay to take that whole beef back, he would.

Jail saved Meek’s career

People pick and choose when “lyrics matter”, I still stand by Drake outrapping Push in that beef but Push had the upper hand with the “exposure”

it is what it is, the beef wouldn’t be viewed the same if Push dropped a lyrical song and Drake’s was “you’re hiding a child”

Meek came up as a battle rapper, no? It’s expected he’d rap Drake’s head off

I was sitting down playing GTA the first time I heard Duppy. I thought damn, this racist jew might have made his best song. It was better than the Meek disses and Pusha is better what is he gonna say? We already heard Budden destroy him with the writers and groupie behavior, what else is left……….BOY WAS I WRONG

People pick and choose when “lyrics matter”, I still stand by Drake outrapping Push in that beef but Push had the upper hand with the “exposure”

it is what it is, the beef wouldn’t be viewed the same if Push dropped a lyrical song and Drake’s was “you’re hiding a child”

Meek came up as a battle rapper, no? It’s expected he’d rap Drake’s head off

Meek isn’t lyrical though. I remember everyone saying he was a battle rapper but he must have gotten his *** whooped then. He couldn’t find bars that rhymed with piss and somehow got the reference track off better?

Pusha’s diss is way more lyrical than people realize. He’s story telling on it. That **** is way harder than people know. He says your music is getting wack and you seem miserable. I want to understand why so let’s start at your home front. Then tears down his parents relationship, his relationship with his father, his racist background, his baby mother being a hooker, his boss stealing money. Oh, you have a lot to be angry about.

That’s a top 5 diss song because it was actually a surgical as hell.

But he got down wit a better chess player than him wit push and bit off more than he could chew. He lucky it stopped after rd 1 cuz I got a feeling it was about to get super ugly.

Drake knew Meek was highly emotional and scatter brained, which is why he had so much confidence and public backing during that beef. Fast forward to Pusha, and he’s having to explain blackface using Google notes, try to get Lebron’s feedback like a kid that disappointed his dad, and publicly be a father, on top of not having any non-hip hop related entities chime in like they did for the Meek beef. Tough scene.

The Drake hate train is never not funny to me :lol: remember when dudes were aligning themselves with Tyler fans cause they boo’ed Drake?

Had $tacy $tacy cheering alongside these dudes
9211C085-27F6-40E1-AAD2-9B44E7DDD2F1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom