Real quick questions for anyone who has been signed!!!

I'm a new artist and I got three real real quick questions:

First:
What is the day to day of an artist? (Are you in the office writting and doing office work, or are you touring and on the road.  One label (Tommy Boy)I went to said, artists only come to the office when they have meetings )

Second:
What exactly do you need to get signed? (Do you just need a demo, resume and to fill out an application.  Or do you need more, like a press kit.  And is it customary to hand your demo in by hand meaning face to face contact, or by mail?)

Lastly:
Are the days I put on an application the days I am supposed to work/tour, or are we required to tour on days off? (I know some dudes are featured on tours on selected dates, but are those dates the days they were planning to work, and do those dates count as work days?)

Thanks in advance

I'm a new artist and I got three real real quick questions:

First:
What is the day to day of an artist? (Are you in the office writting and doing office work, or are you touring and on the road.  One label (Tommy Boy)I went to said, artists only come to the office when they have meetings )

Second:
What exactly do you need to get signed? (Do you just need a demo, resume and to fill out an application.  Or do you need more, like a press kit.  And is it customary to hand your demo in by hand meaning face to face contact, or by mail?)

Lastly:
Are the days I put on an application the days I am supposed to work/tour, or are we required to tour on days off? (I know some dudes are featured on tours on selected dates, but are those dates the days they were planning to work, and do those dates count as work days?)

Thanks in advance

Not a signed artist but before you go to a label you need to develop a buzz of your own first. The days when artist got signed off talent is over.

Not a signed artist but before you go to a label you need to develop a buzz of your own first. The days when artist got signed off talent is over.

Are u serious or joking... I dnt think any1 is gonna sign or even co-sign you if you approach being a rapper as a par time job.. Get a buzz and tell them you don't need a resume nor should you be concerned about days off...

Just send in your resume' and a copy of your diploma, i can be a reference if needed op, and let them know the salary is negotiable. Just be patient op its a recession and a lot of people are looking for jobs

Are u serious or joking... I dnt think any1 is gonna sign or even co-sign you if you approach being a rapper as a par time job.. Get a buzz and tell them you don't need a resume nor should you be concerned about days off...

Just send in your resume' and a copy of your diploma, i can be a reference if needed op, and let them know the salary is negotiable. Just be patient op its a recession and a lot of people are looking for jobs

You can't be cereal
laugh.gif

Son just go get a 9 to 5

Originally Posted by solefood229

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by solefood229

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

son is clearly trolling but great job-

imagine all the artists at the def jam building in cubicles when they are not on tour

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

son is clearly trolling but great job-

imagine all the artists at the def jam building in cubicles when they are not on tour

Back
Top Bottom