REAL TALK: DO HISPANIC FOLKS EVEN CARE ABOUT AFRICAN AMERICAN/ADOS/ ISSUES

I don't know how true that is. You see all the time Cubans, Dominicans and Ricans get called black. I rarely ever see Arabs that look black, usually got straight and other features that aren't black at all.

Black folks ain't closer to Arabs. :lol:

Black muslims and arabs ain't even "close" like that.

Hip hop was literally built off the relationship between blacks and latinos living next door to each other.

I rarely ever see Arabs that look black

ever been to philly? seen this girl before who represents Minnesota?

480px-Ilhan_Omar%2C_official_portrait%2C_116th_Congress.jpg

I don't know how true that is. You see all the time Cubans, Dominicans and Ricans get called black

not in NYC (Dominican stronghold), and definitely not on Miami (cuban stronghold), nor Orlando (rican stronghold)

This thread has so many generalizations about race and ethnicity its not even amusing by NT standards.

To answer the basic question of the thread, Hispanics do not care about African American issues. No one but African Americans care about African American issues. What people might interpret as caring is usually is a ploy for intersectionality or some other way to exploit the African American condition. The closest sincere support that African Americans have are non-american Black people. But that support is still very few and far between because most non African American black cultures are taught to look down on African Americans and to disassociate from our condition.

OP it may not be your intent to cause tension but generalizing races/ethnic backgrounds/cultures when the information is readily available is going to cause backlash. You need to be specific and diligent in clearly identifying the subject for discussion if you want to move the discussion progressively forward.
U make a statement in ur first paragraph
Then make the same generalizations in ur next paragraph
Also ain’t no tension
Seems like folks conversing to me
I’m a pull a @deuce king
And tell u to sit down champ

When we say Arabs we mean middle eastern right???
Just asking for clarification
Cause folks seem to get offended over everything nowadays

Not my intention
And I don’t think that about Hispanics or Latinos
When you pose the question that way, that’s how it comes off. It’s why I said I’m biased, because I take personal offense to statements like that one, but I imagine being mixed is a lot of the reason why I hate these statements/discussions.

There’s definitely issues between the two communities, but people tend to be too biased to speak outside of themselves. I know I am sometimes.

I’ll probably post something in this thread a bit later when I can sit and express myself (and riff off of whatever direction this thread goes in), but I consider myself a Black Hispanic, so I could never see not caring about half of who I am.

About 5 months ago I started with my current girl, who’s a black Dominican, and I definitely see the disconnect when we discuss these issues. she has a harder time understanding those struggles outside of her own.

There are some clowns on the continent of Africa who do not consider themselves Black, as they are not the indigenous people of the land. They are the conquerors. Many of the arabs, egyptians as well, are not the original people.

U make a statement in ur first paragraph
Then make the same generalizations in ur next paragraph
Also ain’t no tension
Seems like folks conversing to me
I’m a pull a @deuce king
And tell u to sit down champ

I'm not sure what I generalized considering that the original thread title had the term "Brown" categorized as Hispanic but you got it fam.

GpcXzXE.gif

Black folks ain't closer to Arabs. :lol:

Black muslims and arabs ain't even "close" like that.

ummm... Zulu Nation? since you're drawin from da historical genesis of hiphop.

you forgot hiphop was what replaced da gangs from da warrior days? alot of those gangs were derived from vestigial Islamic groups from da 60's-70's. latin gangs turned into b-boys and ish.

But you can't really talk about race without generalizing. You can't say 100% of the Hispanic community cares or doesn't care. Just like you can't say 100% of the African American community cares or doesn't care. It's all generalizing.

When you pose the question that way, that’s how it comes off. It’s why I said I’m biased, because I take personal offense to statements like that one, but I imagine being mixed is a lot of the reason why I hate these statements/discussions.

There’s definitely issues between the two communities, but people tend to be too biased to speak outside of themselves. I know I am sometimes.

I’ll probably post something in this thread a bit later when I can sit and express myself (and riff off of whatever direction this thread goes in), but I consider myself a Black Hispanic, so I could never see not caring about half of who I am.

About 5 months ago I started with my current girl, who’s a black Dominican, and I definitely see the disconnect when we discuss these issues. she has a harder time understanding those struggles outside of her own.
My bad didn’t mean to offend

Religion plays a huge part in cultural identity, so it must be discussed if it shapes the world view of a people, especially if they are Black, then thinking they are white/other. Jesus told them that they are brothers and sisters, even while standing on the darker complected brothers and sisters necks.

I can only speak on my side of town (Los Angeles) and say that they do care about African American issues. We live together and are faced with discrimination and abuse from police. The difference is that Latinos are threatened with getting kicked out the country so that occupies most of their immediate attention. I listened to my mom’s tv and the news, 45 minutes out of the entire hour is dedicated to immigration issues. But back to the thread title/question, yes, they care in my area as it’s common to see Latinos standing side by side in protest when an injustice is committed towards African Americans. This is Los Angeles, can’t speak on the rest of the country.

Last edited:
tbh, da black community is historically closer to arabs/Muslims than latinos... islamic culture is damn near alien in da Hispanic world.

Slowly, Slowly, Slowly, Slowly, I said SLOWLY, things are changing

Will take decades to make a dent, but........

I'm Rican but I'm not offended when anyone calls me black or mistakes me for it. My wife black, my groomsmen at my wedding were black. I ride for black issues just like I ride for PR. Growing up we were always told to root for anyone black or hispanic on TV. Growing up during the OJ trial, my whole family was screaming OJ innocent.

Same here. I'm a mixed afro-latino so I've been called yellow bone, light-skinned black, black and it doesn't bother me at. I've experienced racism first hand so I get behind black issues and anything to do with racism towards minorities in general. It's basically **** racism in general for me :lol:

Slowly, Slowly, Slowly, Slowly, I said SLOWLY, things are changing

Will take decades to make a dent, but........

Sideways step.
Those who are involved with IFA, or even Santeria, know the deal. Go to Cuba and many of the afro cubans know the deal about Ogun and Jesus. Islam offers the same as the other abrahamic faiths. Patriarchal rule, oppression of women and children and the lie about being born of sin.

Back
Top Bottom