Releasing All Retro Jordans...

I had a dream that i took over Jordan Brand and I decided to retro each jordan in its original condition (nike Air, etc) in its original order. i would spendone year ALL the og 1 colors, then the 2s then so on.

it wont happen because jordan is focussing on appealing to a different group of individuals, all the great o.g. releases wont be seen all again because its notwhat jordan wants to do they actually like this appealing to the new generation so i wouldn't count on it.

I think it will eventually happen only because I don't think the brand is strong enough not to do it. Just bring me the V's and the XI's and imgood.

gentry already said that they would release most of the OG colorways he said they would release at random times like when jordan won a dunk contest theshoe he was wearing�in the contest would release the day he won the contest! or atleast its something like that
eyes.gif

here is the video

very possible...because business is business they will MILK the cow till the last DROP of milk!

too bad we are the "COWS"

it could never happen if you mean all colorways available in some type of catalog. that would mean all jordans would have to be in production at once, floodingthe market and killing the supply/demand balance. jb's not gonna do that for our convenience, heck i wouldnt do it. but i wish theyd go back to the way itused to be with a couple select models retroed every year, give us our black/red colorway for christmas do 1 retro plus colorway per shoe and be done with it.it was working just fine why stop

^^ Too true

So is this:

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

It will be funny watching this generation complain about how "off" the dub-zeros and spizike retros will be.

Then will you understand why older heads complain so much about current retros.

Yes I wish that all Jordans would be in production at all times and that they would print as many as necessary to force all the sneaker pimps and hustlers toget real jobs.

that would completely kill the legacy period

half of the greatness behind air jordans is that not everyone has them
if everyone had access to all the colorways
they would just be shoes again like some gr nikes
just my .02

I posted this topic 2-3 years ago and I also agree that eventually Jordan Brand/Nike will release everything in some catalog form because times are going tokeep changing and the longer I stay apart of this shoe culture the more I see that this is a business. For you younger people on this board who think thatgetting their so called "grails" is a special event just stay in this long enough and you will see whatever turns the biggest profit margin JordanBrand/Nike will do. It might not be in the next 5-10 years but it will happen. I remember having discussions with people about the whole I. D. concept andsure enough Jordan brand has gone there too. Not yet with the 1-23 line but stay here long enough and it will happen too. I realize I've been on thisboard for years now but do not ever give Nike or Jordan brand more credit than they deserve by saying they will not ruin the legacy of their brand for profitbecause that is exactly what is happening currently as we communicate.

It would be nice, they hold back alot of what they think "was ahead of its time, or we're not ready for, aka what the would not appeal to da hood as Gput it." I think JB would rather just make us wait to keep a customer basis and hold it over our head. Very irritating, I wish Mike was running thecompany.

i think so, i think they will milk this as long as they can. plus they still have a lot of stuff they can butcher
laugh.gif
im dreading the day they make a"flip" XI thats all patent leather.

Why? I think the older retroes would lose value. I dont want to see a million people rockin some black cement 3's, space jams, or white/red 12's. Itscoo the way it is. Its not Jb's fault some of you guys werent old enough to buy a pair of 8's 11's etc.. when they first came out. Or even retroedfor that matter.

I really Beleive that the Legacy ended a long time ago now, around 2000 with the last acceptable retros that were the IV, the V and the VI,
Untill then its really just business, unwearable colors, low quality fabrics....
The only way that they could turm things around would be to retro all the orginals (NIKE AIR) staying true to the color and quality, but wont happen
mad.gif

Im pretty sure for 09 its gonna be mostly OG colorway retros releasing that go along with a certain point in jordans career. Say for example ( The Comeback )Chicago X.... ( 88 Dunk Contest ) Cement 3 and so on and so on.

Originally Posted by HustlinFlip

Enough about thoughts and assumptions, knowledge is power & what happens happens.

forums are used for passing on information and people sharing their thoughts

grin.gif

Originally Posted by SLG

I posted this topic 2-3 years ago and I also agree that eventually Jordan Brand/Nike will release everything in some catalog form because times are going to keep changing and the longer I stay apart of this shoe culture the more I see that this is a business. For you younger people on this board who think that getting their so called "grails" is a special event just stay in this long enough and you will see whatever turns the biggest profit margin Jordan Brand/Nike will do. It might not be in the next 5-10 years but it will happen. I remember having discussions with people about the whole I. D. concept and sure enough Jordan brand has gone there too. Not yet with the 1-23 line but stay here long enough and it will happen too. I realize I've been on this board for years now but do not ever give Nike or Jordan brand more credit than they deserve by saying they will not ruin the legacy of their brand for profit because that is exactly what is happening currently as we communicate.
VERY WELL SAID

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Why? I think the older retroes would lose value. I dont want to see a million people rockin some black cement 3's, space jams, or white/red 12's. Its coo the way it is. Its not Jb's fault some of you guys werent old enough to buy a pair of 8's 11's etc.. when they first came out. Or even retroed for that matter.

as for older retroes losing value. losing value to who? JB already made their money and i dont think their concerned about anyones private collections.

as far as not wanting to see everyone wearing black/cement 3's ect. its all about what JB wants to see. they already set the move in motion. its all set upfor generations to buy the exact same shoe over and over again. what company wouldn't want that to happen with the product they sell.

...if they did the move should hurt the fakes game if not kill it all together. just think of how much money JB is missing out on due to fakes. then top thatoff by the all the people who wanted certain jordans but couldnt get their hands on them for whatever reason. that might ad up to more missed money than moneymade.

not gonna happen. The CDP is the closest anyone will ever get to catching up of getting AJ's 1-23.

BTW, Peep my signature.

I'm pretty sure JB won't do that because they won't make much money and they don't give a #!## what the customers want

not a reality nike/JB is a business built on marketing skeams they are going keep the hot jordans limited and put one heat as general release for the year

Back
Top Bottom