Repeating a course unappreciation

Just found out that a course that I was slacking off in was a requirement for my degree. I !#@+*% up hard on my presentation and my midterm, and now it's going to be almost impossible for me to meet the required mark. I feel so $!##@# right now, I feel like I let myself down. I've never had to repeat a course, but is it really as bad as what people make it out to me? Has anyone been on the same boat? How did you deal with it?

yeah man, happens to the best of us. life happens, sometimes you can't continue a class and you have to repeat it. or even, sometimes (like in our case) we slack....

it happens man, to some more than others. it's good that you haven't had to do this in the past, so you're not likely to make a habit of it. learn from your mistake and make sure you prioritize school again you'll be good.

don't be too hard on yourself homie. I myself flunked out of a scholarship when I was 17-18, just too much socializing and not enough actually going to class. However if you beat yourself up about something you're never going to get anywhere. Suck it up, admit your mistakes and do what you've got to do man.
admittedly i've dropped more classes (never failed) than I care to ever speak on, but if I just beat myself up about it I wouldn't have ever gotten back up on the horse. 

Never happened to me. There's always summer school! Stop procrastinating and start hitting them books.

Originally Posted by carbon16

Take it in the summer and work hard
That's what I'm doing for a English class I got a C in
30t6p3b.gif

It really isn't the end of the world. Take it in the summer, and work your +#@ off fam, you got this.

Yeah taking a class again sucks but you get to replace your old grade and bump up that GPA. 
pimp.gif

It's especially bad if there's only 1 teacher for that course. I had some brutal ones. Sometimes escaping with a C is good enough

damn i havent done it yet im still a freshman i was thinking of taking cal or chem again but i thought it would be more beneficially to tough it out, yolo

Gotta do what you gotta do OP, keep your head up. 

You're not alone, I'll be taking physics again in the summer unless there is some 30 point curve in that class... Professors who can't speak any English are the worst
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Lalph Rauren

damn i havent done it yet im still a freshman i was thinking of taking cal or chem again but i thought it would be more beneficially to tough it out, yolo

Tough it out. Save yourself the time and money now by putting in the work.
Regretfully, I'm retaking a class now. The worst feeling ever to sit through the lectures again. 
indifferent.gif

It happens, Just get your head on straight man, and focus on the right things from here on.

I hate that. Back in college I had to retake Chemistry in the summer of 2009. I don't regret it though, cause I had to anyway, and I met
some fantastic people that I still kick it with today. I felt refreshed too since I was feeling like I was just repeating the same days over
and over again from an academic standpoint.

I also retook the Microbiology course just cause I needed something fairly easy to put with some of my other courses. Turned that "C"
I originally had into an "A", so it's all good.

Back
Top Bottom