resident evil 6

so is this like earlier RE games or is it one of those Modern Duty whatevers?
The last classic style RE game was Resident Evil : Revelations for the 3DS. It has the modern controls that the newer ones have but with the old school survival horror elements.

It plays like the more modern Resident Evil titles. Feels much more arcade-y now than RE5 honestly. Quite a few more QTEs, action scenes/sequences are more frequent.

Also feel like they're trying to implement the "OH !@#$" factor more with minor spooks/scares being more frequent as well, in addition to the darker lighting/shading in the game design.

I also got beef with the shading/lighting. It was done poorly. :smh:

Also, the initial brightness adjustment screen (when you first boot the game) [i.e. "Adjust the slider until the ___________ is barely visible."] doesn't even reflect the brightness of the gameplay at all. It's way off. >D

Another thumbs down: Unable to kill zombies when they're laying prone "unawaken." Terrible change to the established franchise.

Giving the benefit of the doubt to possible day 0/day 1 patches planned. Also, since I got my copy on 360, there's the chance that the 360 sku isn't as clean as the PS3 sku.

Last edited:
It plays like the more modern Resident Evil titles. Feels much more arcade-y now than RE5 honestly. Quite a few more QTEs, action scenes/sequences are more frequent.

Also feel like they're trying to implement the "OH !@#$" factor more with minor spooks/scares being more frequent as well, in addition to the darker lighting/shading in the game design.

I also got beef with the shading/lighting. It was done poorly. :smh:

Also, the initial brightness adjustment screen (when you first boot the game) [i.e. "Adjust the slider until the ___________ is barely visible."] doesn't even reflect the brightness of the gameplay at all. It's way off. >D

Another thumbs down: Unable to kill zombies when they're laying prone "unawaken." Terrible change to the established franchise.

Giving the benefit of the doubt to possible day 0/day 1 patches planned. Also, since I got my copy on 360, there's the chance that the 360 sku isn't as clean as the PS3 sku.

Strike 1!!! :tongue: :lol:

^ don't turn this thread into an X360 vs. PS3 argument :smh:

game aint even out yet

I have both consoles.

I was just trying to figure out if the PS3 version will be better than the 360 version.

Last edited:
I have both consoles.
I was just trying to figure out if the PS3 version will be better than the 360 version.

read the reviews & make your own decision OR wait for a comparison vid (somebody WILL make one...eventually)

My personal rule of thumb: Buy for the console that's the designated lead development platform/sku.

From what I understand, Capcom favors the PS3. BUT publishers/developers don't always stick to the same platform as the lead dev platform/sku.

Again, my $0.02 since it's not Capcom I work for or any of their studios.

I'm feelin the Leon campaign on the demo. I like the ambushes and how u really feel like "**** is going down...we gotta get the hell outta hereI ". You're not just mowing down zombie after zombie. Some are crawling, some are walking, some are running at u. The melee controls, movement while shooting and evasion fit right in. And most important: the atmosphere of the level. I don't even know If I'll try the other campaigns. This is how the game should be.

Last edited:
Leon campaign should come separate.

The other campaigns are not how RE should be.

so true but i dont like the melee weapons u have to equip a knife and use the shooting controls to use it, would have been better if  they used knife with standard melee

Ammo is really scarce it seems and I feel like I was conserving it. I agree a seperate button for the knife would have been better.

Yeah, I didn't like the knife controls either in the demo. I felt like I was getting hit as much as I was slashing the enemies.

Saw 1 review.

They said that the storyline makes no sense and that it was goofy.

Ah well, its RE, still buying it.

I'll cop this....eventually.

Probably pick it up when the "Gold Edition" with all the DLC (is there is any, which I'm pretty sure there will be) drops.

Still have to play RE 5.

Might buy when it's on sale black Friday. Really not looking forward to it, honestly.

Back
Top Bottom