Retail Workers FTL? Vol. Pet Peeves

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

Originally Posted by J23S

smh.gif

Majority of the customers would be mexicans that barely spoke any english... they'd come to the mens side asking for a size "siss... siss & a hiph"
tell em you dont have it... and it only comes in mens. the smallest would be a 9... then they wanna try it anyway!!!!
Making the slashing motion with their hand to signify half
laugh.gif
....."seis y media amigo"
Then they buy the 9 anyway
smh.gif
laugh.gif

EXACTLY!!! Like the hell u bout to do wit a shoe 3 sizes too big?! aint no way...

it is easy to sell them shoe cleaner and shoe laces... my sales numbers would be lovely on sundays
laugh.gif
Then to top it off they come in 3 minutes til closing time
mad.gif

smh.gif

Majority of the customers would be mexicans that barely spoke any english... they'd come to the mens side asking for a size "siss... siss & a hiph"
tell em you dont have it... and it only comes in mens. the smallest would be a 9... then they wanna try it anyway!!!!
laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

EXACTLY!!! Like the hell u bout to do wit a shoe 3 sizes too big?! aint no way...

it is easy to sell them shoe cleaner and shoe laces... my sales numbers would be lovely on sundays
laugh.gif
mad.gif

OMFG THISSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is a lady that shows up ATLEAST 3 TIMES A WEEK

and she comes in at like 5 and then stays until AFTER we close(9-10-11)....and ALWAYS HASA BASKET FULL OF @@+*!!!

everytime shes there i go on the intercom and say "Code Red...Code Red...We not getting out of here on time..."
roll.gif

I hate when doors are closed the mall been closed for bout 20min you get that dummy walkin up shaking the door lookin shocked/mad that were closed. All theyget from me is the meanest
indifferent.gif

^^^Damn Cedric C...........you sound like me!

After putting in a year and a half at the spot I was working at last year,I just said @!?# it and quit because not only were they procrastinating on giving mewhat I EARNED (under the guise that "the economy is messed up"which is true,however this had been a looooooooong time coming),they had the nerve tocut the hell out of my hours as if I was a rookie on the job or somethin'!I went from working 35 - 40 hours strong,then it got to 25-30,then 15.5 (the hellis .5?)-20,then they had the audacity to axe employees from the schedule for a whole week (me included) and THEN the next week I only had 8.5 hours total forthe whole week?!?!?!?! I bounced after that foolishness!

*Sam Jackson*I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!!!

one other thing is this, if your working retail. you need to operate with a treat people the way they treat you mentality.

customers who i knew were being inconsiderate and taking their sweet time, i would just shut the lights off in the store while they were shopping and tell themthe stores closed and they could come back tomorrow.

one time i was in a rush to get out so i had my coworkers start cleaning early. the store was closed and some jamican guy was nagging by the door for me to lethim in to buy a hat. it was a saturday night and i had to be somewhere so i was in a rush and i let him know that nicely. he kept telling me all he needed wasa kangol and that he would tip me if i left him get one. dude gave me $25 plus the money for the kangol. i just sent him on his way and rang the kangol up asan employee sale the next morning.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^^^Damn Cedric C...........you sound like me!

After putting in a year and a half at the spot I was working at last year,I just said @!?# it and quit because not only were they procrastinating on giving me what I EARNED (under the guise that "the economy is messed up"which is true,however this had been a looooooooong time coming),they had the nerve to cut the hell out of my hours as if I was a rookie on the job or somethin'!I went from working 35 - 40 hours strong,then it got to 25-30,then 15.5 (the hell is .5?)-20,then they had the audacity to axe employees from the schedule for a whole week (me included) and THEN the next week I only had 8.5 hours total for the whole week?!?!?!?! I bounced after that foolishness!

*Sam Jackson*I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!!!

trust me it's a shame. thats why i always told my coworkers to never ever have a sense of loyalty to the company because the company doesn't give aflying crap about them. i always told my coworkers to look out for eachother but to never be overly loyal to the higher ups. i let them know that we were allexpendable and if one little thing went wrong we would all get fired for the most stupidest of reasons. my final few months at my job, i was only looking outfor me, myself, and i. i saw the way the company did some of my old coworkers so mindset was just "screw them" for the final few months. i justwent to work, did my job but was never the ideal corporate butt kissing manager that all the other stores in the district i worked in had.

i work at walgreens...i put minimum effort to get by, dont give a damna bout customers! and i loveeeeeeeeee stock checks!! so i can go in the back and chillfor a bit then come out and say nopeee we dont got it

^Word Ced.

I definitely think that really clicking with the cats that work close to you (not the management team and certain other employees) is a MUST if you wanna havea semi pleasureable experience working at ANY retail job!

My old supervisor really had the backs of the guys who were hard workers and trustworthy (even though he was kinda lazy when it came down to the nittygritty).The guy that replaced him was a hard $++ worker,but when it came down to having his guys' back,he just didn't cut the mustard and that cohesionand "us vs. them" mentality died.I say that to say that I value the man working next to me more then the customer,managers and others because in theend,that's really who makes working retail either a pain in the $++ or a not so bad place to work.

smh.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
mad.gif

5 generations deep too.
laugh.gif

i worked at finishline for 7 years. glad i'm done w/ that and hope to never go back. i would be wearing my uniform (finl shirt, khaki's &nametag) and dumb people would ask "do you work here?"
indifferent.gif
i just told them "no" and went to help out someone else. the employee discount is nice but definitely not worth the pay or amount of hours and dumbcustomers.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Welcome to the horrible, horrible world of working retail. It's just the nature of people and customers, they're impatient, rude, and can be a royal pain in the @*%.

It definitely helped me understand how hard people working retail have it at times, so I've tried my best to be courteous and understanding of how busy and hectic it can be.
I didn't work in retail, but I have that same mindset you do when I walk into a retail store. I know that they go through a bunch of customersthat are rude and impatient. So when I go, I also try my best to be courteous and understanding.

Originally Posted by akaValentino

customers trying to haggle like it's the damn swap meet.

laugh.gif
i loved getting the, "ay man what could you do for me?" or the "i can't get this for $25 even? i can get this at the slauson for $25 what price can you do?"

dudes would have the
frown.gif
face when i would be like, "im going to bereal with you, i could care less if you buy the hat or not, if you can get it at the slauson swapmeet for $25 then you should save $10 and go there, i'mnot being rude to you, i'm just being honest."

what would really grind my gears though is when random strangers would come in asking for a discount. remember key word RANDOM STRANGERS strangers as inpeople i never met before that encounter and i would be amazed at how one sidedly inconsiderate and selfish they were, as in screw you i just want my discountim not helping you out though.

some days i would feel hungry and was in the mood for something from mcdonalds or chick fil a so i figured, these customers want a discount, i want food. maybe we can work together. this guy was buying 4 hats which came out to around $140, he asked for a discount, i told him i couldn't give him one becausethe store was corporate owned which was the truth. i told him i would make an exception though, if he went and got me a number 2 from mcdonalds, i would givehim 20% off all 4 hats which would be $28 off everything. yes he would spend $5 on my food but he would save $23 on his hats. dude was like why would i buyyou food, i was just like why would i give a stranger a discount if their not doing anything for me in return.

most people used common sense and realized a favor for a favor benifited them and they jumped at the chance to save money but some people were selfish andwanted me to give them a discount without offering anything in return.

Originally Posted by bruza

smh.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
mad.gif

5 generations deep too.
laugh.gif

i worked at finishline for 7 years. glad i'm done w/ that and hope to never go back. i would be wearing my uniform (finl shirt, khaki's & nametag) and dumb people would ask "do you work here?"
indifferent.gif
i just told them "no" and went to help out someone else. the employee discount is nice but definitely not worth the pay or amount of hours and dumb customers.
I HATED that with a passion... like nah i'm just wearin a shirt that reads FINISHLINE in big letters across the back

Originally Posted by akaValentino

customers trying to haggle like it's the damn swap meet.
I work at Lowe's as a customer service rep. Here's a haggle situation that happened earlier this year:

Customer: This has a scratch on this. Can I get something off for it?
Me: Okay. We can give you 10% off.
Customer: That's it!?
Me: Yes ma'am.
Customer: I wanna speak to your manager.

*****After the manager comes up and explain that the scratch isn't that bad and tells her that we can only give 10% off****

Customer: "I'm going to Home Depot. I spend thousands of dollars here. Without my business none of you would have no income"
Me: That's fine ma'am. Have a great day!

Working retail sucks.

Originally Posted by tdrizzle

I work at a Grocery Store as a cashier

Exact Change is not that important and you are not doing me any favors by doing this.

People who think I have the prices for everything in the store memorized.
If you write a check, please make it fast. Checks hinder my checking speeds and lower my performance scores.

Don't crumple your money, it messes my till up and I will usually take longer to count your change back.

If the light to indicate if I'm open or not is turned off don't come to my line; it means I'm not open.

If you only have $100 to spend, don't come to my line with $150 worth of items, we have to put all that back on the shelf.

When you make me do a price check because your item didn't wring up right; don't get pissed at me, there are thousands of products in this store and it's ridiculous for you to think that we have every single on perfectly priced. Usually it's your fault because you couldn't ring the price tag.

I could go on and on.

Cliffs:
Checks will get your groceries bagged wrong and your bread smashed.
Don't pay with exact change, I count 10x faster than you.
Not everything is perfect and I didn't mess-up on perfect. So deal with it accordingly.

4 Years of this and you get a little salty.
I am with you on everything you just said
laugh.gif

but i would like to add WIC to the list
mad.gif

quit trying to get stuff you know you aren't supposed to get with you checks

me "Ma'am you can't you can't get the 32 oz loaf of bread, your check only says 16oz"
her "oh, there isn't any 16 oz loaves back there"
me (goes to get the 16 oz loaf, right above her 32 oz loaf)
her "oh i must not have seen it"

This happens on daily friggin basis
mad.gif

trapmuzik617 wrote:

Originally Posted by bruza

smh.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
mad.gif

5 generations deep too.
laugh.gif

i worked at finishline for 7 years. glad i'm done w/ that and hope to never go back. i would be wearing my uniform (finl shirt, khaki's & nametag) and dumb people would ask "do you work here?"
indifferent.gif
i just told them "no" and went to help out someone else. the employee discount is nice but definitely not worth the pay or amount of hours and dumb customers.
I HATED that with a passion... like nah i'm just wearin a shirt that reads FINISHLINE in big letters across the back

Finishline is the worst. And, I worked at the biggest one in STL. Our store got the shoes from every other store that couldn't sell them in the state +everything else that a top finishline store would get.

I had cats from High School that I never liked or never talked too and would try to get on my discount. i'd hit them with a
indifferent.gif
x
laugh.gif
x
indifferent.gif
x
roll.gif
x
indifferent.gif

and they still thought they'd get my discount.

the best thing that ever happend was...

This guy came in and had on some expensive +!$ shades, he accidentally left them. but me being me, i refused to chase him down.
Some kid takes them and is in the store with his fam for like two hours. THE *$$$ CAN YOU DO IN A FINISHLINE FOR TWO HOURS?
We're closing up and the dude comes back to get them and sees the kid. The kid denies having them and the dude stands in front of the doors talking about
"aint nobody leaving until i get my shades"... My manager was all scared and !%!%, I'm the only black dude there. Me and this cool +!$ white boyI worked with were like
"Aye, we closing, it's friday. yall figure something out." I tell them they can fight or whateva but not in here. Dude throws a shoe and tries torun out and they start fighting, shoe displays falling over and !%!%. I laughed so #$%%%#+ hard, needless to say. dude got his shades back.

Customer: You got these in a 10
Me: Nah, the smallest we got is a 12
Customer: You got it in a 10.5 then?
Me:
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Sometimes if people asked for a size I'd just go to the back for a little while to act like I'm looking for a shoe and come out and tell them we don't have it. I gave up the retail business though

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Get into anything but retail, it shouldnt be your first job.
Under the table jobs/tax free jobs are appreciated.
pimp.gif

I work retail but im my own boss.

6 years as a cashier at a grocery store.

Dont give me crumpled money. Like tdrizzle said, I will take longer to give you your change back

Dont pull out a bunch of change and count it hella slow. Give it to me because I can count faster than most of you.

Dont yell out "AY... AY! HOW MUCH IS THIS?" Its very, very rude.

Dont buy $20 worth when you only have $8. Its not that hard to estimate your total before getting to the counter yourself.

Asking for a bag when you bought only a little box of sugar is not necessary. Its wasteful and not recyclable.

Asking for a double bag for a loaf of bread. (happens all the time)

Bringing your own resuable bag is always appreciated.

Just because you're having a bad day doesnt mean its my fault. (This works vice-versa)

Grown people stealing. This is the most annoying of all. Your 25 years old stealing candy. Really tho? Mad loserish.

A group of people coming in and only one person has money. Stay your !!%+! outside if you dont have money! (I have seen people of all age doing this)

Ill add more later.

Back
Top Bottom