Retail Workers FTL? Vol. Pet Peeves

Originally Posted by s1eepyboy

I'm at Target as a cart attendant (rarely, but sometimes a cashier) but my store is laid back...I break most of the rules to make my job easy & I love it.

Lmaooooo I had plenty of fun times *#$!%%* with customers along with some pet peeves already mentioned.

I remember when it was raining and there were no carts in the building this one indian guy was furiously enraged and was like:
Him - [Yelling] Where is the guy who brings the carts into the building
Me - Thats me
Him - [Yelling]You should be fired you dont even do your job blah blah blah...(dude kept going on)
Me - I feel you.
roll.gif

Lol, I hate when im bringing carts in the building and somebody ALWAYS has the audacity to just stand where I put the carts, when I first started working I would wait or be like excuse me now I just say excused me one & push it towards them and watch them run out the way.
devil.gif

&
laugh.gif
@ people who see me outside & ask me if we have something that's inside the store. I just look at them like
52i2yr.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
your cruel man....

Originally Posted by rawmanjones

I feel bad for all of you in retail. And waiters/waitresses.

waiters/waitresses that work in really classy and famous restaurants don't have it that bad though, they get tipped a lot

When I use to work at Kohl's there was this moody pregnant woman asking me all these questions about are these shoes German made? How many ounces does thisroaster hold? Are these coffee makers top of the line? I was going insaneeee.. She was so pregnant though, so when she got a big microwave oven thing I carriedit to the register for you. THEN, she asked me to carry it to her car, in the rain!

Of course I did it.

She offered me a tip but I didnt take it. That would be weird.

Originally Posted by kuNASTY88

7AM store meetings on a saturday FTMFL
smh.gif
Pretty sure Circuit City had something like this when I worked there in college...never attended.

Originally Posted by No 1 Can Escape the Quad Laser

Currently I work at an adult novelty store. My biggest pet peeve is when I greet a customer and get no response.

Yesterday I had a guy lock himself in my changing room for an hour and smoke some crack. Called the cops and they busted in and found him sitting on the floor with his pants off, wearing a stolen condom, cracked out of his gourd.
laugh.gif
Wild.
roll.gif

wow

It's sears bro. I worked retail for a few years at Lucky Brand Diesel ect and customers at these places are cool but Sears.... Thats a whole differentmonster, just spend some time there get some work experience and find something better.

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

When I use to work at Kohl's there was this moody pregnant woman asking me all these questions about are these shoes German made? How many ounces does this roaster hold? Are these coffee makers top of the line? I was going insaneeee.. She was so pregnant though, so when she got a big microwave oven thing I carried it to the register for you. THEN, she asked me to carry it to her car, in the rain!

Of course I did it.

She offered me a tip but I didnt take it. That would be weird.

When I worked at Wal-Mart, I made mad tips from taking items to people's cars. I didn't give a #$*% about the job
laugh.gif

RadioShack

I worked at a Radio Shack for 5 months... The last 3 of those months, I worked straight through, not ONE day off...

I had a Nigerian manager that was straight givin us the swine treatment...

The salary was $5.15, but we were unable to sell phones service or major items, so all our SPIFF was irrelevent...

I was P/T working 37-38 hours a week, checks was only like $320/ check...

I worked a hole in some hard bottoms!!... I cleaned the store, helped customers, worked late hours to do back up training and inventory, I even worked on thedays that I attended my uncle's funeral and got penalized for attending my grandfather's funeral...

Worst job of my life!!!...
tired.gif

HomeDepot

I still work there PT,it's not that too bad...

But my store is the onlystore actually located inside of the city line, so we get a lot of customers...

I work in the GardenDept, me a my young bulls... them dudes be straight reckles...

Dudes be tellin customersanything, esp when they get lazy...

And when customers getsmart, the associates get smart right back with the customers...

Most of the associateshave really good rapport wit the management, so they hardly get penalized for anything they do towards customers, which I still dont really understand so Ijust laugh it off...

And a lot of crazy stuffgoes down in that store... Ive seen:
  • customers walk out the store with flat TVs...
  • customers walk out with $700 air compressors...
  • fights right outside the store...
  • customers stealing and fighting LP when they got caught...
  • customers return used toilets, tubs, and grills...
  • people sleeping in the overhead shelves...
Mad stuff used to go downin that store...

Our store has takena turn for the better since we became established under new management, but we still have a long way to go...

Macy mens dept: Middle aged men asking to hold something up to their backs under the premise of "seeing if it would fit"...really just looking to betouched by a female

Originally Posted by J23S

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

smh.gif

Majority of the customers would be mexicans that barely spoke any english... they'd come to the mens side asking for a size "siss... siss & a hiph"
tell em you dont have it... and it only comes in mens. the smallest would be a 9... then they wanna try it anyway!!!!
Making the slashing motion with their hand to signify half
laugh.gif
....."seis y media amigo"
Then they buy the 9 anyway
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

When people are checking out and talking on their cell phones.
Arguing a price with me when it is CLEARLY marked on the ticket.
Hagglers. I hate you
Women who trash my department. Is it really that hard to pick up the trash you put on the floor that is literally 2 inches from the trash can? Or to put theclothes back on the hanger?
People that come in 5 mins before we close.

Originally Posted by cuppiecakie

When people are checking out and talking on their cell phones.
Arguing a price with me when it is CLEARLY marked on the ticket.
Hagglers. I hate you
Women who trash my department. Is it really that hard to pick up the trash you put on the floor that is literally 2 inches from the trash can? Or to put the clothes back on the hanger?
People that come in 5 mins before we close.
I don't understand why people do this and know damn well the store will be closed in 5 minutes
smh.gif

whats up? worked at best buy and apple ......................HATED BOTH.........but.......apple was 1,000,000,000 times better than best buy..... now i have a"real" job.

I work in a Supermarket and the things that really get me are:

1. Do you work here? Yes, because the nametag and outfit don't give it away right?
2. When I'm on register, and my light is on....people ask, are you open?
3. When I'm on the floor, and people just throw something in a random place because they don't want it.
4. When I hand them a reciept, they just throw it back on the counter.
5. When they throw money on the counter, and don't put it in my hand.
6. Complain over literally ten cents.
7. Paper in Plastic annoys the hell out of me.
8. When people talk on their cell phone obnoxiously loud when they are in line.
9. People complain that our prices are high, and they say its cheaper at shoprite. Well go there then, don't %%@+* to me.
10. When people come up to me and ask me how much an item it. Listen, I don't know the price of everything in the damns store.
11. When we make closing announcements, and you are still casually walking the aisles shopping.
12. They think something rings up wrong, So I go check, and it usually always scans right...they are just looking at the wrong tag.
13. At my store, the cashiers have to bag for the customer. But what really annoys me is when they bring the reusable bags which takes a lot longer to bag,they just stand there looking at me. Do they not understand they can actually help and it will make the process alot faster?

There is much more, but these are the main things. My store is madd laid back though, and the managers are madd cool. The only thing keeping me there iscoworkers and that the place is very chill. The only thing that sucks are the customers, but there would be no store without them I guess.

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

this should be motivation to succeed & to stick to school

unless you you will be 23 years old still making $10 an hour with no future.
this, Those 30 and 40 year old retail workers are my motivation to keep grinding and getting my %$#@ together.
And I definitely didn't expect to see as many former FNL heads in here. I worked full-time for Dillard's and dealt with more BS this pastsummer at FNL than I did my entire time at Dillard's. That's probably how I eventually lost my interest in kicks altogether.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

And a lot of crazy stuff goes down in that store... Ive seen:
Stuff like this happens at the Lowe's I work at.

I work at Express, love my job, but it can be frustrating

Where do I begin lol

Taking your time to re-fold an entire table of pants, or using a folding board to re-fold stacks of sweaters and graphic tees, and then when you're almostdone you get called to ring people up, as soon as you go back that s&%! is upside down round and round
mad.gif

Taking clothes off manakins for customers who "have to have that size"

When working the fits, people (mostly women) who leave all of the stuff they don't want all over the fitting room, instead of bringing it out to me, butall I can say is "oh yeah, you can leave it there"
grin.gif

Mothers and daughters who spend hours in the fitting room making me go back and forth, back and forth to find and re-check for different sizes/Make me callevery store in the state for one dress
indifferent.gif

Guys who need to try on the folded dress shirts in the colors when we have all the sizes hanging up as try ons beacuase we have to refold them with all of thepins, paper, plastic etc, but they "want to see this color on me"
ohwell.gif

Grown men who don't know what neck/waist size you they are, you're a GROWN MAN
tired.gif

Me: Hi, how are you today?
Them: No response/Just looking, thanks

COMPLICATED RETURNS
mad.gif
sick.gif

Me: "Hi how are you, do you have a return or exchange?"

Random girl: Hi, okay...I have a return, but I wanted to get a different size and use a coupon...and I don't have my reciept...but I want to look aroundfirst..."
indifferent.gif

People who refuse to give phone numers/email addresses (we have to ask and put them in at the end of every transaction)
Me: and what's the home phone number?
Them: It's unlisted
Me: Would you prefer e-mail address to recieve coupons?
Them: No thanks, I get enough e-mail
Next time they come in to make a purchase they're all "Do you guys have any coupons in the store?"
Me in my head: You didn't want the e-mails!

Originally Posted by useref15

I work in a Supermarket and the things that really get me are:

2. When I'm on register, and my light is on....people ask, are you open?
the opposite happens to me. i turn off my light with the last customer turn around to bag their crap and some moron comes in the line and plopstheir +%@$ on the belt.

and morons who can't read 15 items or less on the express checkstand.

laugh.gif
i remember when i used to work parks and recreation for the city i lived in during 2005-07 we had a new community director who tried to pull that crap.

i gave my supervisor a few write up slips one day and told her write me up for the next few meetings because their was no way i was waking up at 8am on a saturday for a meeting after going out the night before.

CAN'T DO IT
roll.gif

It was cool at times, but I worked in DC, and there was OD crackheads coming in everyday trying to get help refilling their virgin mobile phones.
So its nationwide
laugh.gif

I dealt with one today, this guy spends $20 every 5 days on prepaid.

The salary was $5.15, but we were unable to sell phones service or major items, so all our SPIFF was irrelevent...

I was P/T working 37-38 hours a week, checks was only like $320/ check...

How do you work 38 hrs and not sellphones? Did you sell atleast 2 a month?
How you make $320 working that much (hence you get paid twice a month), I understand minimum is the lowest in the country but doesnt add up.

Cheap customers
customers who act like theyre the only ones in the store and you can only pay attention to them
annoying customers
customers with attitudes
customer customers

I worked retail for 6 & 1/2 months at a video game and peripheral store. Loved it. Hope they'll take me back after I talk with the manager soon.
I hated a few things which are:
Of course customers that think they have better knowledge of video games than me
happy.gif

People returning broken stuff and wanting a replacement right away. (we send it to get it repaired which takes 2 weeks usually)
People returning games when they find out they have a crappy pc that cant run new games. ( I always ask them what kind of computer they have and they alwayssay its good, new)
People asking me to open all kinds of keyboard, mice for them and dont buy anything.
People asking a million questions and not buying anything

so this lady comes in to return something...that didnt have a tag...

the problem is...lets say a customer wants to buy something without a tag...and thats the ONLY one left...well we call an MCA to go find something similar andwe just scan that as the tagless item...well what happends when they want to return it
sick.gif

always wondered..now i know..

the lady came in with some shoes to return and that lil blouse thingy...so my coworker...told her she can only do shoes in the shoe department(which is true)but where he messed up was he said "its going to take a long time for me to do this since we are in the mens department, so you should just take this towomens"
grin.gif
after that all hell broke loose...he really didnt wanna doit..i could tell but i guess that just wasnt the time to act like that..so she was gettin mad arguing with him and he was like well if i have to do it yourgoing to wait and she was like fine...so she said can i go take care of the shoes while your doing this? he said no(which was kinda messed up) and that she hadto wait....so he left to go call the other store that she had purchased the blouse from to verify that they cary it. and while he left i had told her to justgo ahead and hell have it done by the time she gets back..when she comes back my coworker says...we cant return this or something like that...and she was like"If you were my child i would slap you"

my face was like
eek.gif
trying to hold in thelaughter...she asked him where the manager was and he told him she wasnt here(when he knew we had liek 5 other manager there which was f-up #2) and she endedup leaving but before she left she said shes coming back the next day to report his for horrible customer service and to try her hardest to get himfired....and she was about to cry...was kinda sad at the same time hilarious old dude was getting told off...

pretty wild

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

Home Depot

I still work there PT, it's not that too bad...

But my store is the only store actually located inside of the city line, so we get a lot of customers...

I work in the Garden Dept, me a my young bulls... them dudes be straight reckles...

Dudes be tellin customers anything, esp when they get lazy...

And when customers get smart, the associates get smart right back with the customers...

Most of the associates have really good rapport wit the management, so they hardly get penalized for anything they do towards customers, which I still dont really understand so I just laugh it off...

And a lot of crazy stuff goes down in that store... Ive seen:
  • customers walk out the store with flat TVs...
  • fights right outside the store...
  • customers stealing and fighting LP when they got caught...
  • people sleeping in the overhead shelves...
Mad stuff used to go down in that store...

Our store has taken a turn for the better since we became established under new management, but we still have a long way to go...
i work at Home Depot on the freight team... i've seen alot of that stuff goin on too
laugh.gif

i worked retail back in 06 at banana republic. I hated that job...quit 3 months later....i was suppose to work sales/register....they made me come in 5 in themorning on a few occasions to stock up on clothes. The customers were the worst. Old lady throwing a tantrum at me because we ran out of little bags. Gaycustomers were hitting on me, as well as my manager who was very touchy.
o man...i hope i never work retail again.

I do loss prevention for Target, so even though I'm not a cashier or on the sales floor I agree with what a couple of you all said about Target.

Back
Top Bottom