[[ Rick Ross - Super High - Today 3:30 Est. ]]

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Scienz of Life

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

this ___ remind me of BIG so much for some reason. Fireeeee...

Have you heard the "Window Seat" freestyle?

BIG all over it
Yup.

He's finishing what BIG started with Life After Death...

Ross has single handly resurrected "Mafioso" rap...

This is prolly the closest we'll EVER get to seeing what direction BIGs music was to take...

He may not be BIGger than Biggie...

But he's BIGGER than YOU...

Co-signing this...

But I also believe Ricky has potential to BE JUST AS BIG AS Christopher Wallace...
the last two tracks on Deeper Than Rap  it was so clear...listening to those u cant help but picture BIG...sum of his features since have reminded me of him as well

I wont call it a full rebirth cuz he storytelllin is lackin and classic lines too... but it is a nice ode to Biggie Smalls

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

I'm not even debating on who's better. I really like Ross actually.

All I'm saying is his music doesn't mean anything and it won't mean anything to anybody in the future.

It's good right now though. Cudi's album means more to more people
than any Rick Ross album. You can keep the accolades, I would want that. Guess it just depends on what you're chasing though. I just doubt you'll find people willing to go to bat for Trilla or some ***$. People hold MOTM in high esteem and they'll fight for it because it means something to them. And when you're debating if it's timeless or not, that matters.
Let's change rappers for a quick sec..

So your saying Man On The Moon >>>> Only Built For Cuban Linx (Pt.1 or 2)?

ohwell.gif
smh.gif

i would say that... but then again i dont like wu tang and im tired of damn drug rap
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Deeper Than Rap >>>>>>> MOTM

Which one of you is the fortune teller that knows for a fact Cudi's music will live on further than Ross'??

I forsee Deeper Than Rap aging VERY well... Teflon Don will more than likely be on a simular level, if not better...

laugh.gif
u are a fool... u prolly think the same about maino's album huh?

its one thing if u enjoy street !*$% but c'mon son deeper than rap isnt better than MOTM in any aspect cept beats...

its some cool !*$% to play in the whip... thats about it...

I enjoyed MOTM, I thought it was a VERY well put togeather project...

I just don't get where you guys are so sure it will age so much better than Deeper Than Rap...

Deeper Than Rap isn't better than MOTM??
ohwell.gif

The only edge Cudi has is his album is more creative

Production
DTR > MOTM
Lyrics
DTR > MOTM
Overal Concept
DTR > MOTM

All Cudi is talkin about is being an outcast loser, and thank GOD I don't know what thats like... Feel sorry for those that do
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

BIG all over it
Yup.

This is prolly the closest we'll EVER get to seeing what direction BIGs music was to take...

Co-signing this...

But I also believe Ricky has potential to BE JUST AS BIG AS Christopher Wallace...
the last two tracks on Deeper Than Rap  it was so clear...listening to those u cant help but picture BIG...sum of his features since have reminded me of him as well

I wont call it a full rebirth cuz he storytelllin is lackin and classic lines too... but it is a nice ode to Biggie Smalls

Co-Signing ALL OF said especially what Harlem said about that "Mafioso" Rap. Thats what i miss in rap most since Big died, & Nas and em stopped doing that...

the carter 1 aint a classic
laugh.gif

to make a classic u have to have some sort of lyrical ability or somethin...

cudi's music isnt about lines... its about the message...

if u dont listen to cudi u wont get it...

I don't think Carter 1 is a classic, BUT people will argue differently, hence, it's an arguable classic -- like I stated. I used the Carter 1 as an example, because who thought Wayne would release an album of that magnitude? Not the casual fan. Is it possible that Ross has a classic on his hands? Yes, because WE DO NOT KNOW what's on the album right now, except for this single.

I listen to Cudi, but this spanning generations crap is garbage. Yes, his music is cool. Was I a big fan of the album? No. I only liked a couple of joints. I'm still a fan of him and will visit his next album. I just didn't really receive the album I was expecting. I am truly surprised that his music is being considered timeless after one CD (not counting mixtapes obviously).

JR, I normally see eye to eye with you on music, but Cudi only relates to specific people. Not all of his topics can cover all, same for Ross. Yes, Day N Nite will be probably be played next year, but so will Hustlin' -- all within the same vein of revisiting music that you enjoy. But will I be 40 playing Day N Nite? No. Will I be 40 bumping Hustlin'? No. Will you guys? Hell no.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

But will I be 40 playing Day N Nite? No. Will I be 40 bumping Hustlin'? No. Will you guys? Hell no.
You have no idea what you're talking about

DipsetGeneral wrote:

Harlem On The Rise wrote:

dreClark wrote:

Scienz of Life wrote:

FinesseSosa wrote:

BIG all over it
Yup.

Co-signing this...

Co-Signing ALL OF said especially what Harlem said about that "Mafioso" Rap. Thats what i miss in rap most since Big died, & Nas and em stopped doing that...

It is kinda uncanny how hard Puff & Rawse are riding each other.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by illfrozn

But will I be 40 playing Day N Nite? No. Will I be 40 bumping Hustlin'? No. Will you guys? Hell no.
You have no idea what you're talking about

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

It is kinda uncanny how hard Puff & Rawse are riding each other.

laugh.gif
Ross better not go to LA on a Teflon Don tour ...

I see both sides of this CuDi Vs. Ross argument.
While CuDi's album has deeper meaning to a select
few, they will listen to it in the future as some may
listen to illmatic or RD, an album with substance. If
anyone any timeframe from now is going thru anything
similar that album can be played and appreciated for what it is.

Ross on the other hand makes good music that u can ride too
years from now. Its like throwin on an old Jeezy tape. Good
songs that u still appreciate what they did for u at the time
and keep u bumpin it. no real substance just party/ridin music.

laugh.gif
weezy stans
no Stanishment..lol...but Carter 1 WAS a HUGE milestone for Weezy......therefor marking a classic in me and a ton of other peoples books, i mean....he is a #1 mainstream guy that got the ball offically rolling with this album as a solo powerhouse.......just sayin tho?!?

BIG all over it
Yup.

Co-signing this...

Defitnely agree...

I respect everyone's opinion but I think "Tha Carter 1" Was just an Very,very good - excellent album.

Wait do ya'll mean a classic, as in the music of hip-hop? or a classic for "Wayne's standards"?

I wouldn't go as far as HOTR is going with Ross doing what BIG meant to do after Life After Death...he doesn't have the lyrical prowess and charisma of BIG. however, I see where the comparison comes into play and I agree, Ross can be that certain figure in hip hop that BIG was as far as the actual music goes. He can't reach the levels of stardom that BIG would've been capable of though.

with regard to Kid Cudi...look man yall are fooled into thinking he's making some kinda "real" music cause of his emo lyrics and not talking about what everyone else in rap talks about. the fact is...everyone in rap talks about the same +@%* AND THATS COOL cause the best rappers are the ones who rap about the same +@%* better than everyone else. I don't need Kid Cudi's uninspired boring $## sing-rapping to hear "real" music. if i wanna hear singing i'll put on R&B and if i want rap i'll put on Super High
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom