RIP Chester Bennington from Linkin Park....

Meteora and Hybrid theory were staples of my earlier formative years,this definitely hit me earlier today...

RIP

This is still one of my fav songs and vids of all time

RIP.

Suicide, had six kids. I can't imagine the state of mind he was in.

If you or any one you know is battling some demons, please reach out to others.

Friend won tickets to the show at the Hollywood bowl in the fall. RIP. I remember listening to LP as a kid after school skateboarding with the block. This is the first celeb death I can honestly say I feel kinda bummed about.

Rough man. I grew up on Linkin Park. Loved Meteora.

One of my favorite tracks:

RIP.

I also didn't realize how many hip hop artists this group has collaborated with.

Last edited:
Saw them live a few years ago .Gld I did. Their old songs mean something different to me now :frown:

R.I.P for real man.
Linkin Park was such a huge part in this generation... Almost everyone I knew messed with their music man. Didnt matter if you were only into hip-hop, pop, rock, etc.

Linkin Park really made those hits that anyone can vibe to.

RIP. We'll never know the deep circumstances that led him to this path, but it certainly is tough to imagine given that he had 6 kids at home.

I grew up on LP man. Hybrid Theory was one of the first few albums I owned. Listening to practically all of their lyrics now is eerie as hell.

A lot of people I grew up listening too have taken their life, not sure why at the middle school age I listened to alternative , and grudge a lot...I'm not the happiest person but I'm definitely not the saddest, there's days where I feel the cloud hovering above my head...the feeling of depression never goes away, anything can trigger it and put you in a small little hole mentally, then you just put a mask on and nothing is wrong till the end of the day you take it off and your back to it.

Rip to him, hybrid theory is a classic

It's hard to keep looking back at the list of frontmen I listened to who are gone....it's incredible to me.

Michael Hutchence (INXS)
Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)
Shannon Hoon (Blind Melon)
Bradley Nowell (Sublime)
Layne Staley (Alice in Chains)
Jani Lane (Warrant)
Michael Jackson
Amy Winehouse
Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots)
Prince
George Michael
Chris Cornell (Soundgarden)
Chester Bennington (Linkin Park)

"I do actually think there are a bunch of factors at work on why we see a high suicide rate (along with drinking, drugging to death) among singers. The kinds of people that tend to gravitate towards devoting their lives to music are often quite introverted...The level of devotion required to become a famous singer almost guarantees that these singers have an unhealthy obsession with music. Now take these introverts and throw them into a group dynamic where they are joined closely with other musicians and also stand apart. Being a singer is like being a goalie: you're a team mate but you stand alone and often get blamed when you lose the game. This youngest child / only child dynamic is stressful for introverts, in the best of times. Now put them on tour 10 months a year and add easy access to drugs and alcohol. Now add public opinion and the cycle of ego inflation and ego destruction that comes with a career in the spotlight. One minute you're a genius, the next you're an idiot. The last, and I believe most significant, factor is one faced by other entertainers and models...we discuss what exactly we will do when we've sold the last drops of our youth. We can't retire on our earnings. Your youth, itself, becomes the commodity of yours that other people sell....If you're lucky, you last long enough to wave goodbye to your youth and a lot of your career in the process. All of these factors probably contribute in some way...I've had periods where I didn't think I could handle it anymore. I'm not sure if I know the answer. I'm certainly searching for mine." -- Geoff Rickly of Thursday 7/20/17

I couldn't sleep last night. I saw them twice in concert: once at Summer Sanitarium 2003 in SF and then again at the Meteora World Tour 2004. I was a broke college student back then but I never once regretted going to see them. I know most of the words to every song on Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Thank you LP for always bringing me back to the light when I was in the dark.

It pains me that we, your loving fans, couldn't do the same that you've done for us. I love you, Chester. <3

If it was a hack then that person is scum because she tweeted that she told him to kill himself and that no one would care.

Hack or not, the situation isn't fitting to show respect for a man who suffered in silence. The "hacker" has zero compassion for his fans, his family, his kids or for Chester.

I hope that his wife didn't do this but if she did, karma's going to get back to her and/or the hacker for such a terrible act of disrespect.

Pathetic hacking. Beyond fake.

In a shocking turn events in the apparent suicide of Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington, his wife Talinda Ann Bentley confessed on Twitter that she was cheating on her husband with band member Mike Shinoda.

"I guess this is the time to say it but I have been cheating on Chester with Mike Shinoda....," Talinda wrote. "I never really loved him and I'm not hacked I just was in love with the money hurts to say," she said in another tweet. However, the tweets were immediately taken down.

Bennington's wife not only revealed that she was cheating on her 41-year-old husband but also fuelled rumors about his untimely death. “He didn’t kill himself, he was already did [sic] before he hung himself, I have proof..,” she wrote.

Back
Top Bottom