RIP Chester Bennington from Linkin Park....

you recognize that admitting you have a problem is part of wanting to get better right? it's how you start getting help. if you dont do those things, then you dont want help.

Maybe but everybody cant be helped, just like everybody that goes to fight a war WILL come back home to their families. Its all designed, u didnt know you were going to wake up this morning yet u did and u had no control over whether u would. Its all a design man. This was the end of the road for chester,this was life's plan for him. I know now u are gonna hit me with the "well what about choice,dont we have choices?" yes we do but i can choose to travel to another country by boat instead of flying because im scared to die in a plane yet still meet my demise by drowning. I can choose to not go to a certain part of town because of violence and still be killed where i live. I can choose to not drive because its so many idiots on the road and still get hit by a driver. I can choose not to eat certain foods and still get cancer. LIFE'S DESIGN.

You never know what another person is dealing with, my g.

I never see the use in chastising people after they've made their decision to end it all. They can't hear the mockery or insults, and it doesn't truly help others who may find themselves in a similar predicament.

Let their troubled souls rest, and hope their families find the strength necessary to endure while they mourn their loss.

I'm really Upset that this happened to someone I knew...
RIP Chester Bennington (Linkin Park)
Please keep his family in your Prayers.
I'll leave this here:

If you or someone you know is in crisis and needs help, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255

The rapper Logic made a song and the phone number is the title. Take a listen. It's really good.

I've always been a big LP fan. I remember my brother bringing Hybrid Theory to the house when it first dropped, and I looked at him like,"What is this bs!?" lol

He started to play it, and I was hooked. Then Meteora dropped and it was over. Chester had a way to bring that raw emotion to their songs. His voice was ridiculous.

Damn I wasn't ready for this...

RIP

Prayers and condolences to his family and loved ones, especially his children.

Damn, the first 2 Linkin Park albums sound crazy after this. I used to listen to them religiously but never cared about the lyrics. Almost every song foreshadows this. RIP :frown:

The rapper Logic made a song and the phone number is the title. Take a listen. It's really good.

I've always been a big LP fan. I remember my brother bringing Hybrid Theory to the house when it first dropped, and I looked at him like,"What is this bs!?" lol

He started to play it, and I was hooked. Then Meteora dropped and it was over. Chester had a way to bring that raw emotion to their songs. His voice was ridiculous.

Damn I wasn't ready for this...

yeah, heard the song when i went out from errands earlier, they probably said something about chester before they played it.. i remember watching "one step closer" on MTV before LP blew up. i thought it was a dope video with the ninjas, etc.

First two albums were filled with songs that were so relatable. A lot of issues we've dealt with as kids/teens. Thats was why they were so awesome

Damn, the first 2 Linkin Park albums sound crazy after this. I used to listen to them religiously but never cared about the lyrics. Almost every song foreshadows this. RIP :frown:

Really? the lyrics is what put them on the map,i mean the beats were nice and it was cool they had a "rapper" in the group but OH GOD the lyrics literally had u feeling like they were speaking directly to you. "Somewhere i belong" still gives me goosebumps.

Real sad to hear about this. Hybrid Theory and Meteora were some of my go to's in High School. Though "bleed it out" is one of the last songs from them I still play I do respect there evolution and experimenting with new styles as the years went on.

Still have a few of their songs on my run playlist. Thinking about the song he did with Young Buck gives me chills due to what he was saying in the chorus.

A lot of people I grew up listening too have taken their life, not sure why at the middle school age I listened to alternative , and grudge a lot...I'm not the happiest person but I'm definitely not the saddest, there's days where I feel the cloud hovering above my head...the feeling of depression never goes away, anything can trigger it and put you in a small little hole mentally, then you just put a mask on and nothing is wrong till the end of the day you take it off and your back to it.

Rip to him, hybrid theory is a classic

I'm not saying they're expendable. The loss of a child or loved one...there are very few, if anything in life that can mimic that pain. Theoretically, with time and healing you, you can have another child. You can marry another. Meaning you have that ability. Whether it works for you is semantics. I'm not talking about feelings and such, just what is possible in contrast to what is not, i.e. resurrection, at least based in what we can do day to day, I mean we can talk about Jesus, Lazarus, etc, but in terms on now and today.

Of course you can have another child, but there will ALWAYS be a piece of you missing. You just never know how people internalize certain situations, and things become compounded when there are mental health issues. Bennington is a prime example. His childhood, from what I read, wasn't ideal, and that eventually led to issues with alcohol and drugs. I'm assuming that was to cope, but how does one get past all that pain?

As someone who lost their best friend to suicide, this is not something I take lightly. You think you know people, but you really don't. Mental health issues wasn't something that I really took too seriously...but then it hits home. Not just with my boy, but seeing what some of my other family members have gone through over the years as well.

I feel for his family because he's leaving behind a wife and 6 kids, but like I said before, those demons got the best of him. It's a sad situation and not one that anyone should be judging him for.

*edit*

:frown:

My username is in direct relation to the "Hybrid Soldier" that is the cover art of the Hybrid Theory album. LP was my favorite band growing up.

It's sad that Chester's voice is gone from this world.

RIP.

Literally listening to 1000 Suns the other night. Fortunate enough to see LP in concert once. Chester will be missed. Even sadder to hear that it was a suicide.

I remember going to KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas when they were the opening act. The next year, they were headliners.

I still listen to Meteora on a regular basis. On the way home, "Numb" came on...the tone of the song sounded different to me.

Super devistated.

This one hurts.

My NT password has something to do with Linkin Park in general and I created this account 8 years ago.

Middle school I dyed my hair red because I wanted to be like mike shinoda in the One Step Closer video.

I listened to LP from Hybrid Theory to Minutes To Midnight. They were definitely part of my teen years soundtrack. RIP Chester, hope he finds peace

Back
Top Bottom