Roomate Drama: Opinions?

Switch rooms with him. Since he does mind have the door unlocked.

Was going to post this, but then thought about it. Unless there is a door to get to the third floor, it would make no difference. Robber wouldn't just stop on the 1st floor, especially if they know a dude with nice things resides in the place.

Roommate sounds like a real d-bag. It it's no inconvenience for him, it shouldn't be a problem. Tell him to buy a ladder and he can leave his window open all he wants. Lock your bedroom door.

not to play the race card but, is he white? SEEMS SOME white folks love to leave doors unlocked. both cars and houses. its true and we all kno it... we dont play that where im from.

but anyway, its always people with this mentality that have to learn the hard way. people that think they cant be touched are always in for a rude awakening.

not to play the race card but, is he white? SEEMS SOME white folks love to leave doors unlocked. both cars and houses. its true and we all kno it... we dont play that where im from.

but anyway, its always people with this mentality that have to learn the hard way. people that think they cant be touched are always in for a rude awakening.
Didn't want to play the race card either, but ya, he is white, from suburban pennsylvania, the other roomate and myself are both "minorities."

I've been robbed a total of 3 times in my life so far, which I think is about average from the neighborhood/area i'm from. 1.) My room and my other roomates rooms got robbed back in college during a party by some randoms, 2) Another time after college while working somebody grabbed my laptop straight from me and ran away in a coffee shop, I chased the guy and he jumped into a car, and 3) Got my car broken into. Nothing out of the ordinary, just usual petty crime stuff. He has never been robbed in his life. I'm  a pretty sociable guy, and invite friends over and their acquaintances whom I may or may not know all the time. I also make an active effort to bring females back to the crib for one night stands every weekend 
roll.gif
So I feel like, ya we have people over a lot. All it takes is one person, an acquiantance of an acquiantance, with motivation, to get robbed. 

Thanks for the advice NT. I'm getting a lock from my door tonight. Unfortunately I have to get two because my room doesnt have a closet, my closet is just outside room in the hallway, kinda like a coat closet, so I'm going to have to get a lock for that too. As far as managing the white roommate, he's the kind of person who will do things "in spite" of you, about the immaturity of a 14 years old, so I think it's best that from now on I refrain from reacting towards his disrespect. 

Last edited:
leave door unlocked, rob his room when he is gone and play it off like you got robbed too.

Definition of a simp, your roommate.

Good luck, OP.

My only advice is to be as cool and collected as possible. He knows where you live.

Don't listen to these "teach him a lesson" clowns man. That's just passive aggressive, petty, and only sometimes effective.

Locking up your assets is the right move.

Didn't want to play the race card either, but ya, he is white, from suburban pennsylvania, the other roomate and myself are both "minorities."

I've been robbed a total of 3 times in my life so far, which I think is about average from the neighborhood/area i'm from. 1.) My room and my other roomates rooms got robbed back in college during a party by some randoms, 2) Another time after college while working somebody grabbed my laptop straight from me and ran away in a coffee shop, I chased the guy and he jumped into a car, and 3) Got my car broken into. Nothing out of the ordinary, just usual petty crime stuff. He has never been robbed in his life. I'm  a pretty sociable guy, and invite friends over and their acquaintances whom I may or may not know all the time. I also make an active effort to bring females back to the crib for one night stands every weekend :rofl: So I feel like, ya we have people over a lot. All it takes is one person, an acquiantance of an acquiantance, with motivation, to get robbed. 

Thanks for the advice NT. I'm getting a lock from my door tonight. Unfortunately I have to get two because my room doesnt have a closet, my closet is just outside room in the hallway, kinda like a coat closet, so I'm going to have to get a lock for that too. As far as managing the white roommate, he's the kind of person who will do things "in spite" of you, about the immaturity of a 14 years old, so I think it's best that from now on I refrain from reacting towards his disrespect. 

not being an A hole, but he'd whoop on you in a fight huh?

Ima resonable person as well (not a 'tough guy' at all) but i think an A!!whoopin will likely get you what you really want.

just saying

The guys seems like a real moron. Get a lock on your door ASAP

Don't listen to the fools on here saying prank him, fight him etc.

The phrase "I know where you live" literally comes into affect here. Seriously secure your personal belongings first for the time being - renting a secure public storage place until - you fix a secure door/lock on the entrance to your room and speak to the landlord.

Possibly RECORD him saying this and present it to the landlord

Last edited:
This is why I couldn't do the roommate thing again after college. What the hell is his problem? Lock the damn door! How is something like this even an issue? People man...

Good move on getting locks on your door and closet. I've had my house and car broken into before. Its not a good feeling especially when you know it was probably some a scumbag friend of a friend of a friend you welcomed in with open arms...

not being an A hole, but he'd whoop on you in a fight huh?

Ima resonable person as well (not a 'tough guy' at all) but i think an A!!whoopin will likely get you what you really want.

just saying
No I don't think he'd whoop me in a fight. I figured the smart move is to avoid pettiness and altercations cause at the end of the day, he does know where I live, and it's not smart to have enemies who have access to your most valuable belongings. Sure I could knock him out and enjoy the pleasure of seeing him laid out on the floor but what does that do? Then I have to live the rest of the year in paranoia worried that somebody will **** with my room while I'm at work and out? Nah, I'm good off that. Safety of my valuables is #1. Everything else is managable. 

Roomates an idiot.. has he ever heard of home invasions? Lock for your room when your aren't home and lock the front door when you are.

Why wouldn't you want to lock the door to your house though?? ...Your roommate is a weirdo OP

OP is it possible to replace the door lock to the house with one that locks automatically?

Your roommate's is stupid :lol: . An extra 2 seconds to lock the door is that much of a big deal to him :lol:

Your roommate's is stupid
laugh.gif
. An extra 2 seconds to lock the door is that much of a big deal to him
laugh.gif
Exactly what I told him, in a rational way. He responded with "it's the principle of me having to do something I believe is unnecessary."

I was not suprised at all. I've seen this guy get on the phone for hours on a power trip with customer service for PG&E, comcast cable, complaining about the most petty things just to get a power trip out of it. His ego and insecurity is off the charts. That's why, from a psychological standpoint, I'm trying my best to manage the situation. 

Your roommate's is stupid :lol: . An extra 2 seconds to lock the door is that much of a big deal to him :lol:

Exactly what I told him, in a rational way. He responded with "it's the principle of me having to do something I believe is unnecessary."

I was not suprised at all. I've seen this guy get on the phone for hours on a power trip with customer service for PG&E, comcast cable, complaining about the most petty things just to get a power trip out of it. His ego and insecurity is off the charts. That's why, from a psychological standpoint, I'm trying my best to manage the situation. 

Principle of safety is first and foremost. The point of locking your door is prevention

Probably mentioned but dare homie to leave the door open when your not around and if even a button of a shirt is missing your beating his ***. Problem solved. Once he sees his own blood hell get the point.

put a hidden camera in front of your door, 

lock your stuff up and get it insured,

hey if they dont give a crap about their stuff why should you? 

these are the same idiots that leave laptops and wallets in the inside of their cars.

if you can get a fake head do this to em.

Last edited:

put a hidden camera in front of your door, 

lock your stuff up and get it insured,

hey if they dont give a crap about their stuff why should you? 

these are the same idiots that leave laptops and wallets in the inside of their cars.

if you can get a fake head do this to em.
Link to video
roll.gif

And OP don't listen to these fools talking about stage a robbery or to put hands on him or to have your friends run up on him

He knows where you live and will definitely retaliate and you don't want that extra stress

Talk to the landlord or get a lock for your door

Know exactly what type of dudes you are talking about though, petty and annoying for no reason, the worst

Yeah, you're smart enough not to get violent with him. Sounds like the type to press charges on you then sue you for everything you have.

Back
Top Bottom