ROSHE ONE (NOT for RUNNING) - FAQs (pg1) (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!!)

I wonder why they put a QS on these in Europe.. anyways, they are still sitting on Nike and some other sites.. I would have taken them from the store I got a Giftcard from but since they are a quickstrike they are not getting them.. lame. Not feeling like paying full retail on these, too much other stuff is coming out. I would appreciate them doing the same for the mango v1s tho :nerd:

Bruh, full retail is $75...

I been looking for a pair of Calypsos for 6-8 months before these dropped. When I found pairs on ebay, the cheapest I found was $125, some as high as $180, with most around the $140-$150 mark.

As far as the differences between the OG, 2013, and newest release, the color just doesn't matter (to me). We all know that the same shoe made in different years by Nike is going to have some differences. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

The only unforgivable thing with these new jawns is the insole. The foam insole earlier roshes came with is part of what makes the shoe. I'm in process of buying cheap older pairs specifically for the insoles, just so i'll have enough to rotate between the pairs I wear on a regular basis.

IF someone with that good entrepreneurial spirit could find what material it was, and recreate them, I'd easily pay $20 and buy multiple sets.

I been looking for a pair of Calypsos for 6-8 months before these dropped. When I found pairs on ebay, the cheapest I found was $125, some as high as $180, with most around the $140-$150 mark.

As far as the differences between the OG, 2013, and newest release, the color just doesn't matter (to me). We all know that the same shoe made in different years by Nike is going to have some differences. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

The only unforgivable thing with these new jawns is the insole. The foam insole earlier roshes came with is part of what makes the shoe. I'm in process of buying cheap older pairs specifically for the insoles, just so i'll have enough to rotate between the pairs I wear on a regular basis.

IF someone with that good entrepreneurial spirit could find what material it was, and recreate them, I'd easily pay $20 and buy multiple sets.

So true. The old insole really was G.O.A.T.

Is the new insole really THAT bad? I guess I'll find out for myself shortly.

Good thing I have a pair of blue Roshe's I've only worn once (blue hero I think), so I'll use the insoles from them if the new ones are bad. I've really been thinking of getting rid of them but eh, may as well just keep them.

Walter..

^ True.

If we never had the OG insole to compare to, there probably wouldn't be a negative word to say about these.

But knowing what we know?  It hurts a little, because the change was unnecessary.  Can't even blame cost cutting.

sure.. they are not that expensive but they are not the only shoes on my radar either. Just bought some Pegasus and Infrared 90s two days ago, plan on getting MC racers in 2 weeks, my car had to be repaired for 500 bucks... all I´m saying is these are not that important to me but I would get them if I could finally use my gift cards.

Well I got the calypso's in today from NDC. I will say, for me that I haven't had a previous release of calypso's, I am pleased with them.

I don't notice the difference in color since I personally don't have the OG to compare to. So I'm happy.

I did notice the insole is different like you guys mentioned. It almost has a mesh feel to it compared to foam of my other Roshe's. I haven't worn them yet but I definitely noticed the difference.

Walter..

:lol: I think people complain just for the sake of complaining (especially about the color differences :smh:). The first time I put on a pair of Roshes the insole felt great since it was ribbed for my pleasure but by the second or third time I wore them my feet had gotten used to them and they felt no different than anything else... I guess if you wear them with no socks it makes a difference.

thanks @xtianp! 

@mfgooze yeah they def don't feel that much different compared with the non-foam insoles. The OG insoles are way easier to clean and keep clean, though. So that's a plus for me

:lol: I think people complain just for the sake of complaining (especially about the color differences :smh:). The first time I put on a pair of Roshes the insole felt great since it was ribbed for my pleasure but by the second or third time I wore them my feet had gotten used to them and they felt no different than anything else... I guess if you wear them with no socks it makes a difference.

Yes and no.

Color differences, for the most part, I can live with. But I can't get jiggy when changes are made that directly affect the comfort of a shoe.

I think the roshe run might be the most comfortable casual shoe nike has made in the last 25 years, easily the last 15 or so. Part of that is definitely the foam liner. Messing with that (IMO) is messing with a large part of the appeal of the shoe.

Yes and no.

Color differences, for the most part, I can live with. But I can't get jiggy when changes are made that directly affect the comfort of a shoe.

I think the roshe run might be the most comfortable casual shoe nike has made in the last 25 years, easily the last 15 or so. Part of that is definitely the foam liner. Messing with that (IMO) is messing with a large part of the appeal of the shoe.
They feel the same as all my other Roshes and Kobe VIs were more comfortable than Roshes to me. Nike consumers just like to nitpick and get sand in their vag for the dumbest reason... one person said the black swoosh isn't as black as the original Calypsos :stoneface: are you ******** me?

LD-1000 up on NDC and SNKRS!

So it looks almost exactly the same as the Fragment pair without the text on the midsole plus the Fragment lightning logo on the insole?

Back
Top Bottom