SA Sneaks Up Basketball Team

As a team we need to communicate harder, I myself need to get back on defense like I did in the second half, more faster. Was a lil shy out their the 1st half.I think we need to change up the line up a lil, we have 3 guys out their who can shoot lites out wen on. Shawn has more strength and jumpin ability then a 1and should move to the 3. Gab and B once u guys git on the same page its gonna be hard stopping u both. Jop and Julio now are bigs, with me and Flight Club tospell them, Horeman can sub for Gabe or B, and well Shawn never will come out!!!! Few things that Julio and I talk about:

1. Communicate, we all know where this was at.
2. Jacking up shots with out movement. Now I know if your hot and on the streak then shoot it, but if you aint even warm lets wait for the rebounder to at leatgit set.
3. This team has never played together and to me can play once we learn each other, I really want to learn Gabe and Shawn style to see what they like, ( forex. ) setting up a round edge screen should work for Shawn each time cus he a good set up shooter.
4. R we gonna go with wut we wore or get sumthin else?
I like to win, and I dont want to offend any one, this is a family 1st then team....if sumone is suckin let them know,no taken offense and least of all noARGUEING wit each other.

Lots of good points Nick.
Switching the lineup is probably a good idea. Julio and Jop are gonna have to be our

two big men and the other 3 spots should be interchangeable. Here is a look at another possible lineup.

5. Jop

4. Julio

3. Shawn

2. Gabriel

1. Brandon

But we have to remember different teams are going to present different matchups. So we may have to adjust accordingly, whether it be for offense or defensivepurposes.

Communication: You're right we definitely need to improve in this area. Particularly on defense. There were plenty of times we did not get back and theyhad easy break away layups. Also, in running zone...we have to know our defense assignments and know what areas we're covering.

Ball Movement: As a team we need to pass it around a few times to get some better looks. We also need to move WITHOUT the ball. There were too many timespeople were just standing and watching the other guy with the ball. Try cutting back door, set some screens and make yourself open when people need help.

Also, another thing that wasn't mentioned is endurance. I think as a team we're in "average" shape. thats not good enough. Especially sincewe're an 8 man team!
Speed and Stamina should be our strength, but instead a lot of us we're winded by halftime. With us having a small squad, we CANNOT afford to notconstantly run on teams.

As far as the jerseys go, its whatever. We can stay with BLACK or if you all want to get some better team jerseys im down too! Just keep in mind there will betimes when we are going to be "home" and may have to wear white.

Good game y'all. The bullet points look similar to the softball team. You all realize that when WE all played together, we were screwing around. It'sdifferent when you play real competition at game speed. It'll take time and I hate to say it, you guys might come away with a win or 2. That's thefirst time I saw Shawn looking stunned. Be cool y'all.

I refused to accept a jus one win or 2, I know with our squad we can be better, but I realize that we cant win all of them, and we are playin against teamsthat have played with each other for awhile.Back in the day I played in leagues with same thing, but cookies crumbles in many wayz. I think this is a 9 gameseason..... My goal is to win at leat 5....

Oh and Gabe I am down for both colors of Jerseys, but I want to invest if this sumthin we do more, I dont jus wanna do it and we are done with this league andwe all retire....I say we git jerseys with Sneaks Up on friont and our number on back.... its up to yallz!!

Originally Posted by UrSoleProvider

Oh and Gabe I am down for both colors of Jerseys, but I want to invest if this sumthin we do more, I dont jus wanna do it and we are done with this league and we all retire....I say we git jerseys with Sneaks Up on friont and our number on back.... its up to yallz!!

Thats actually what i wanted to do initially but wasn't sure what everyone was willing to pay.
I even did a photoshop of possible look for our jerseys!

And I definitely want to play in a league continuously, not just one time. whether its YMCA, boys/girls club, church leagues, it doesnt matter, as long as westay together and get better as a team.

hey guys, my bad on yesterdays game. i just straight up sucked. me missing layups is pitiful. i know once we get used to each other we will start wreckingshop. i'll def play better next game

^^ its all good Jonathan. The whole team could have played better. Game 1 is already done with and I know for a fact next game we're going to come outhungrier for a win.

Oh and here's the photoshop I mentioned i did a while back. kind of sloppy but its just something to give you a visual...
comments?

1120093zcopy.jpg

G, I want one as well
pimp.gif
. You know what number, veintiuno in a smedium.

since no roster spot, then i'll have my current team scrimmage yall someday.....

Twollberts team
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
. LMK SO I CAN CHECK IT OUT!! GOOD GAME TODAY A COUPLE MORE GAMES AND YOU GUYSSHOULD BE USE TO EACH OTHER.

yea i kinda feel that bit of wierdness but soon as we start clicking i should be a lil better even though i got knocked out by someones bullit pass but we rimproving lets keep it up guys if u want to scrimmage i can get the other team in play in and we can play on a sat. morning

^^ Agreed. I think as a team we showed a lot of improvement from last weeks game.
It seemed like we were a lil more confident and played with some more hustle.

Even though we have guys that can put points up, our offense still looks sketchy in my opinion.
Its like we're just out there playing a pickup game and everyone is just doing whatever.
I think it might be a good idea to implement some sort of offense. Nothing too fancy or too complicated. Just something that can allow us to space the floor.This should allow us to get better looks at the basket and give us easier passes to make instead of just "bail out" passes.

Originally Posted by bl4ze11

^^ Agreed. I think as a team we showed a lot of improvement from last weeks game.
It seemed like we were a lil more confident and played with some more hustle.

Even though we have guys that can put points up, our offense still looks sketchy in my opinion.
Its like we're just out there playing a pickup game and everyone is just doing whatever.
I think it might be a good idea to implement some sort of offense. Nothing too fancy or too complicated. Just something that can allow us to space the floor. This should allow us to get better looks at the basket and give us easier passes to make instead of just "bail out" passes.
A simple "motion" offense should be pretty effective in a rec leage....off the ball screens and cuttin to the basket should give someeasy points....if they're runnin man. zone defense should be easy for yall to break down since yall have 3 guards shooting "lights out"
wink.gif

lemme know what time the next game is...if after or around 7 i should be able to make it.

Back
Top Bottom