SA Sneaks Up Basketball Team

Great job tonight fellas! even though we only had 5 (more like 4.5 since i was playing hurt!) we still
came through for the win. 4-3

2 more games left!! Lets finish strong.

[table][tr][td]Sun 6-21-09[/td] [td]5:00 PM[/td] [td] Gabriel Felan[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Chris V[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 6-28-09[/td] [td]7:00 PM[/td] [td] Zachri Ruiz[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Gabriel Felan[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

that was a hell of a game, i liked the way we talked to each other, and the way we all came together

I didnt even know u were hurt, wut happened? Man the energy Shawn, Gabe and Jonathon had had there was tremendous, those boards u got Jon was really a key tothis team winning. Daniel way to go and play like they way I know u can, not once did I see u think about it, ur shot were big, bro!!! Nice win fellas andgreat job!!!

That was a good win last night fellas. Everyone played big, and just like Daniel said, us talking on D and coming together as a team was a HUGE step in theright direction. Cant wait till next week.

Here's a look at the Standings so far.
not too bad and we also beat one of the top 3 teams
so hopefully we can do well in the tournament.
2 more games left!

[table][tr][td]Basketball - Adult Spring 2009 Mens Basketball[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Team[/td] [td]Win[/td] [td]Loss[/td] [td]GB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Zachri Ruiz[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Greg Garcia[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Alfonso Gallardo[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Robert Martinez[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Percy Provens[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mario Perez[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rick Tristan[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Eugene Esqueda[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Frank Ramos[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gabriel Felan[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jamie Macias[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Raymond Rangel[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris V[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arnold Carrillo[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ross Gonzales[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gabriel Palacios[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Daniel Rodriguez[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Carlos Ibarra[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Danny Owen-Johutek[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jesse Lopez[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dee Washington[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Joseph M[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
GB = Games Back
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Also, with that being said, this league is gonna be over in just a few weeks. I've been looking
into other leagues coming up, JCC, SAPar, etc... and want to see if everyone is going to be interested in running again. just throwing that out there.

Here's some info on the JCC league. From what I remember the JCC is more organized, has better comp and is also more expensive. Here's some info:

Men's Open Competitive Basketball
[table][tr][td]
All basketball league fees are:

• $400/team, up to 8 players

• $30 each additional player up to 12

• $50 refundable forfeit deposit

• Jerseys available for $22
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[font=georgia,palatino]LEAGUE IN PROGRESS![/font]

[font=georgia,palatino]Thursdays, 6-10pm:
Next league begins: September 25
Registration deadline: September 17
[/font]

[font=georgia,palatino]Sundays, 1-3pm:
Next league begins: August 10
Registration deadline: July 31
[/font]

Yesterdays game was a tough loss. We could have done things better on offense AND defense but we just simply got outworked/outplayed. give the other
team some credit, they played 10x better than we did. We have one more game left and we need to finish strong going into the postseason.
Its going to be a single game elimination and anything can happen. So lets all put on our Black Mamba faces and start hoopin'.

Also, one thing i wanted to point out was the "effort" in last game. It seemed like we had a defeated mentality at halftime. If someone wants to half%!% because the game is lost you all can stay home. Up by 20 or down by 20...there's no excuse to not go hard. I'd rather get blown out playing on ateam that gave 110% the whole time.
I don't mean to come across as negative and I know its just a league and supposed to be fun.... but losing is not fun. and losing without any effort isjust straight up embarrasing.We were bound to have a horrible game sooner or later and I'm glad its done and over with. Lets re-group fellas and come backstrong this next game. Remember this next team is undefeated so we should have our work cut out for us. Show up to play.

Also, big ups to Chris for steppin in last minute. That must have been a hell of a steak you ate because you looked kinda winded throughout the game, lol. Itsall good though. You gave us a strong presence in the paint.

all i got to say is no matter wat i love playin with the guys that we have and we have taken a team out that was undefeated before so i say we CAN do it again,...I KNOW WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys, i'm pretty much done. i broke my ankle on tuesday playing in my league at work.

Well fellas, the last game of the season has come and gone. Even though we only had
4 ppl we played a hell of a game against a very good (undefeated) team. It was like a day and night difference from last game. At least with this loss we wentout with our heads up. Im sure the other team expected to get an easy win but we were right there the whole time and even had the lead for awhile in the secondhalf.
Lets take this momentum into the playoffs.
Remember, its single elimination so if we lose we're done.
forget all the W's and L's throughout season and lets play hard in the playoffs.
I'll update as soon as I find out who and when we're gonna play.

The schedule for the playoffs has not been posted yet.
I'll keep you all updated as soon as its available.

Here are the final standings.
We ended up right smack in the middle.
Not too bad for a group of guys that hadn't seriously
played ball with each other before (aside from shawn and myself).
Good Job Fellas.

[table][tr][td]Basketball - Adult Spring 2009 Mens Basketball[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Team[/td] [td]Win[/td] [td]Loss[/td] [td]GB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Zachri Ruiz[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Greg Garcia[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Alfonso Gallardo[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Eugene Esqueda[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mario Perez[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Percy Provens[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rick Tristan[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Robert Martinez[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris V[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Frank Ramos[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gabriel Felan[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jamie Macias[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Raymond Rangel[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arnold Carrillo[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jesse Lopez[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gabriel Palacios[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ross Gonzales[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dee Washington[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Daniel Rodriguez[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Joseph M[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Carlos Ibarra[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Danny Owen-Johutek[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
GB = Games Back
[/td] [/tr][/table]
http://www.quickscores.com/Orgs/PrintSchedule.php?OrgDir=westsidesatxy&LeagueID=101586

I'm not sure whats up with the playoff schedule. The scores from last week were just barely updated today so looks like we'll have to wait and see (nosurprise there).

Here's the playoff brackett. Not sure on the date and time. I'll keep you all posted.

playoffbrackett.jpg

^^ agreed. I thought we had a pretty good 1st season and did better than expected.
Even though we had our obstacles here and there I had fun playing with all you guys!
Big ups to Chris for steppin' in towards the end to help us out and Joesuf for going
at us in practice. And to everyone that was able to make it out to our games...
Aaron, Mikey, Joesuf, Fred, David, Aris, OG Mike, (Sorry if I forgot anyone...)
We appreciate the SneaksUp support!!

yo guys, i fell like i let yall down with the broken ankle, i'mma put in some work though, so next league i'll be ready and i know we will get betterand better

Back
Top Bottom