School Shopping 2022 😳

My oldest is now 13 and she is deciding her fashion now.

8D8563BA-2AA1-4568-B120-DFC1116CAE23.png

How disciplined are y’all when it comes to spending on your kids?

I wanna get her 2 pair of NB and call it a day.

But with straight As it’s hard telling her no.

We’re on NT so it’s safe to assume that we’re all into kicks.

We also all remember going to school, especially that first week.

From what I’ve seen lucky for you, teenagers are into that frumpy fly look. She’ll probably wear those or her Crocs (I don’t know her and am almost sure she has pairs of crocs lol) everyday with a hoodie or something.

Sounds like she’s a good kid who works hard in school. If it’s within your means go for it. Before you know it she’ll be working to buy her own stuff.

Side note: Now that you know she’s getting into fashion maybe be proactive with certain stuff. Like I’m sure you’d have no issue paying retail for those, I think their like 100.

The retail convo could also work as a stopgap. I think stock x and Goat have become so big that people don’t even realize that there on an aftermarket paying resale.

Like “listen I got you at retail but after that….

1659055507078.gif

My oldest has uniforms. So he gets three pairs of shoes (whatever majority black jordan, vans and timbs for the winter) this year will likely be reverse pandas. Two new jackets (one light and one heavy) and backpack and whatever ridiculous list the school gives. My boys are hard on shoes so he usually gets another pair by Jan.

My kid actually asked for paw patrol light up shoes. As cringy as this was for me, of course I’m going to get him some. I want him to understand his voice to choose and since he’s a good kid and athlete in the making…why not?

Last edited:
Any light up shoes are a win. The kid has great taste. We’ll done.

It’s really dope to see how perspectives have shifted here over the years. It’s all cyclical. Crazy how perspective changes as you get older.

I look forward to spending stupid amounts on garbage for my kids. I remember how much it meant to me to show up to school properly on the first day.

I get a total of 5 outfits and a pair of shoes to start off with. My son 13 and he loves RL. RL always have a sale so it’s a win for me.

Shoes the hardest part. Nike jogging fits, Zara skinny’s, hoody x12, Nike socks, a bunch of hm solid white/blk tees, flannels, track jackets.

Thank god I ain’t there yet but I got 2, 2 years apart(5&3) vans and chucks gonna be the main joints flying.

They better work hard that summer.

I’ve seen it from my aunt spending her last back in the day on some clothes and shoes for her son. Or asking for money bc he want a new game console. Who later turned out to be a bozo wanna be rapper.

Interesting/ Different thread.

Always interesting to see things from the other side.

But from my experience, the worse the grades are the fresher the kid usually is.

What type of clothes do you buy for your kids?

Just get her Pandas and all white AF1’s.

Then watch the tik toks flow.

Interesting/ Different thread.

Always interesting to see things from the other side.

But from my experience, the worse the grades are the fresher the kid usually is.

After freshmen year of high school I had maybe 3 pairs of shoes in my closet.

Top 5 in my class.

After junior year I was in the 30’s and number 20 something.

You have a valid point. I had the yambs going crazy though it was worth it

Back
Top Bottom