scripture of the day

:nthat:

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. - Revelation 13:16-17

:pimp:

Last edited:
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  Psalms 91:1

Last edited:
The kings of the earth, and all the inhabitants of the world, would not have believed that the adversary and the enemy should have entered into the gates of Jerusalem. For the sins of her prophets, and the iniquities of her priests, that have shed the blood of the just in the midst of her, They have wandered as blind men in the streets, they have polluted themselves with blood, so that men could not touch their garments. [Lamentations 4:12-14]

"Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. [Matthew 24:4-14]

ballinn :smokin

Last edited:
Everybody wanna quote the bible, but nobody wanna quote the scriptures that blatantly perpetuate hate, slavery, misogyny, and ignorance.
happy.gif

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn't know they were doing anything wrong.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

The religion of slaves, a lot of my ancestors killed themselves before they subjected to this mess.
Deutronomy 15:12If any of your people—Hebrew men or women—sell themselves to you and serve you six years, in the seventh year you must let them go free. 13And when you release them, do not send them away empty-handed. 14Supply them liberally from your flock, your threshing floor and your winepress. Give to them as the Lord  your God has blessed you. 15Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and the Lord  your God redeemed you. That is why I give you this command today.

16But if your servant says to you, “I do not want to leave you,” because he loves you and your family and is well off with you, 17then take an awl and push it through his earlobe into the door, and he will become your servant for life. Do the same for your female servant.

18Do not consider it a hardship to set your servant free, because their service to you these six years has been worth twice as much as that of a hired hand. And the Lord  your God will bless you in everything you do.

The slavery described in the bible was not the same as contemporary slavery. From the above verse which is quoted you can see that slaves were to be treated fairly, and compensated accordingly (even after they are freed).

Slavery was indeed part of the economic system of those times, albeit different from the american slave system. People could offer themselves up as slaves (servants) and could be freed from their obligation after a contracted period or at the discretion of the person they are working for. The scriptures indicate that the slaves could even be treated as one of the family...hence why a slave could choose to stay with that family after his years of service had expired.

Last edited:
Slavery:

(Exodus 21:20-21) 20 “And in case a man strikes his slave man or his slave girl with a stick and that one actually dies under his hand, that one is to be avenged without fail. 21 However, if he lingers for a day or two days, he is not to be avenged, because he is his money.

(Numbers 35:16-18) 16 “‘Now if it was with an instrument of iron that he has struck him so that he dies, he is a murderer. Without fail the murderer should be put to death. 17 And if it was with a small stone by which he could die that he has struck him so that he dies, he is a murderer. Without fail the murderer should be put to death. 18 And if it was with a small instrument of wood by which he could die that he has struck him so that he dies, he is a murderer. Without fail the murderer should be put to death.

(Philemon 10-17) 10 I am exhorting you concerning my child, to whom I became a father while in my [prison] bonds, O‧nes′i‧mus, 11 formerly useless to you but now useful to you and to me. 12 This very one I am sending back to you, yes, him, that is, my own tender affections. 13 I would like to hold him back for myself that in place of you he might keep on ministering to me in the [prison] bonds I bear for the sake of the good news. 14 But without your consent I do not want to do anything, so that your good act may be, not as under compulsion, but of your own free will. 15 Perhaps really on this account he broke away for an hour, that you may have him back forever, 16 no longer as a slave but as more than a slave, as a brother beloved, especially so to me, yet how much more so to you both in fleshly relationship and in [the] Lord. 17 If, therefore, you consider me a sharer, receive him kindly the way you would me. 

(Colossians 4:1) 4 YOU masters, keep dealing out what is righteous and what is fair to [your] slaves, knowing that YOU also have a Master in heaven.

Deutronomy 15:12
If any of your people—Hebrew men or women—sell themselves to you and serve you six years, in the seventh year you must let them go free. 13
And when you release them, do not send them away empty-handed. 14
Supply them liberally from your flock, your threshing floor and your winepress. Give to them as the Lord
 your God has blessed you. 15
Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and the Lord
 your God redeemed you. That is why I give you this command today.

But if your servant says to you, “I do not want to leave you,” because he loves you and your family and is well off with you, 17
then take an awl and push it through his earlobe into the door, and he will become your servant for life. Do the same for your female servant.

Do not consider it a hardship to set your servant free, because their service to you these six years has been worth twice as much as that of a hired hand. And the Lord
 your God will bless you in everything you do.

The slavery described in the bible was not the same as contemporary slavery. From the above verse which is quoted you can see that slaves were to be treated fairly, and compensated accordingly (even after they are freed).

Slavery was indeed part of the economic system of those times, albeit different from the american slave system. People could offer themselves up as slaves (servants) and could be freed from their obligation after a contracted period or at the discretion of the person they are working for. The scriptures indicate that the slaves could even be treated as one of the family...hence why a slave could choose to stay with that family after his years of service had expired.

Shut the hell up, slavery was rampant in the bible. You're just as bad as people who say the Egyptians owned "servants". Black Americans were NOT the first slaves, you can sugar coat it as much as you want. The bible was written by men, many of them evil.

indentured servants

Anyhow it doesn't matter whether or not these slaves were drinking watermelon juice and singing negro spirituals all day it perpetuated the African slave trade. They saw the scriptures and interpreted it the way they saw fit.

The white "devil" saved your souls. :nerd:

Last edited:
400 years from now, we will be having conversations about how African slaves were treated FAIRLY.

At least keep the scripture twisting out f this thread Anton, it seems as though most of the posters in here wanted to have an encouraging exchange of what they thought where inspiring texts. 

You're obviously not reasonable when it comes to said texts as evidenced in your response. So why not just start your own thread espousing your 'interpretation' of things and then maybe you'll get somewhere.

At least keep the scripture twisting out f this thread Anton, it seems as though most of the posters in here wanted to have an encouraging exchange of what they thought where inspiring texts. 

You're obviously not reasonable when it comes to said texts as evidenced in your response. So why not just start your own thread espousing your 'interpretation' of things and then maybe you'll get somewhere.

Agreed but just don't respond to him. Any issues he has with the bible, God, Jesus or whoever. Let him do as he pleases until he gets tired or a mod steps in.

It'll all work out in the end.

Lets keep this on track.

Have a blessed week guys.

Last edited:

thank you!

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Ok apparently God is that blonde girl I had sex with last night and never called back. :nerd:

Last edited:
"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

What good are you doing Anton? You know pretty well pointing out flaws in religious texts does not convert anyone. When was the last time someone said "Oh the religion I've been with my whole life is a lie because of these few words!" You know you aren't doing anything.

I agree with you, atheism is the better choice, but just as most of us ask of religious people don't shove it down the others throat. You're an atheist, cool.

They aren't, cool.

Let it be,

Ok apparently God is that blonde girl I had sex with last night and never called back.
nerd.gif
And your point?

I take it that you advocate burning children as a sacrifice and the like?

Last edited:
What good are you doing Anton? You know pretty well pointing out flaws in religious texts does not convert anyone. When was the last time someone said "Oh the religion I've been with my whole life is a lie because of these few words!" You know you aren't doing anything.

I agree with you, atheism is the better choice, but just as most of us ask of religious people don't shove it down the others throat. You're an atheist, cool.

They aren't, cool.

Let it be,

I don't want to convert anyone...............I AM NOT AN ATHEIST. On NT many threads are created about things people consider evil, I am just exercising my God giving right to express my opinions on this matter.

I will NOT let it be, that is part of the problem.

Last edited:

They aren't, cool.
Let it be,

I don't want to convert anyone...............I AM NOT AN ATHEIST. On NT many threads are created about things people consider evil, I am just exercising my God giving right to express my opinions on this matter.

Always thought you were a non believer :nerd:

Either way, you are going nowhere but backwards fam. You think after doing this so much you would realize it.

Leviticus 20:9 “For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.”

Judges 11:30-40 Jephthah killed his young daughter (his only child) by burning her alive as a burnt sacrifice to the lord for he commanded it.

Psalms 137:8-9 Prayer/song of vengeance “0 daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.”

2 Kings 6:28-29 “And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him today, and we will eat my son tomorrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.”

Back
Top Bottom