***Seeing people from high-school Unnappreciation***

Originally Posted by kix4kix

5. The entire We weren't cool in highschool but now that we are out of highschool we MUST say hello??? DID I MISS THIS MEMO?
laugh.gif

SO TRUE!!!
laugh.gif

yep its is real akward. its not like you said hi in highschool. so why would you say anything outside. i know this chick said hey to me and tried to talk tome.
eyes.gif
i just gave her the generic answers. its mad phony i honestly dontcare what you are up to and im sure neither do you. so just skip it.

I'm not one for much small talk when I do run into people, but I acknowledge them if we make eye contact, smile/nod/dap (depending on the "vibe"lol) and keep it moving.

I try not to belittle their "accomplishments" or look down on them. I've been lucky, and that luck has the potential to run out at any given moment...
Not really directed at you just what you're sayin is what these interactions are...just to see how you compare to your peers.

I just be "fake" and small talk till its over.

its pretty awkward if i didnt associate myself with them. one thing ive noticed is that a lot of them got chubby as the years went along.

[color= rgb(204, 153, 0)]It's kinda funny to see cats who would tell me I couldn't survive at theUniversity I attend, or would always brag about being better than me at sports, now asking me what I want at McDonalds... I just chuckle and get a #1 and aMcFlurry.[/color]

i try to avoid this as much as possible. it's too awkward. let's be real, we both don't really want to know what the other has been up to...and weboth tried to avoid making eye contact, so why stop and talk?

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

[color= rgb(204, 153, 0)]It's kinda funny to see cats who would tell me I couldn't survive at the University I attend, or would always brag about being better than me at sports, now asking me what I want at McDonalds... I just chuckle and get a #1 and a McFlurry.[/color]
I feel you dude.....
Jealous Teammates and being the only filipino on the team FTL.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

5. The entire We weren't cool in highschool but now that we are out of highschool we MUST say hello??? DID I MISS THIS MEMO?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
True. I just go with the flow and silently despise it witha passion. Then I walk a way with a
eyes.gif
/
tired.gif
/
indifferent.gif
look.

I hate when people come up to me from high school, and I have no idea who the **** they are.

Completely agree, haven't seen too many people from HS in a while though. Let's keep it that way.

then aftering ending the already awkard convo yall split and then moments later your see each other again make eye contact ands its the more awkard hey orhello giggle

NOT DOIN IT

i agree wit everything you said... thats y i hate bein home over the summer and christmas break. If you didnt go outta the city of Greenville, SC for school oru wasn't one of my close homies, i cant **** wit you. some of the ppl i kno that stayed either got a @%%%!$ job and cant afford they own place, or gotkids... livin at home wit they parents. i cant be around that %*%$. I'm movin to Clemson for good in July... they wont ever see me back here

/rant
sorry bout that... but i just cant stand it
laugh.gif

I don't know, I kind of intentionally fell off of the face of the Earth when I graduated, so everytime I see people they seem happy to see me, and I amhappy to see them.

I am a senior in college and in december when I went home a ton of kids I went to HS with got together at a couple adjoining bars, and I actually had a goodtime catching up with people, and talking to people I never really talked to.

Finding out what people are doing, finding out you have the same concentrations in school. It was pretty cool.

appreciated for me.
its always cool to find out what another person has been up too that you were familiar with in hs
nothing to serious chop it up for a couple mins
chuck up the deuce then keep it movin

I dunno i like it .. in high school all 3 that ive been to i had a groupof people i was cool with a group of people i banged with and a group of people who hated me.. and oh how i love to get in my nice car with my beautiful wifeand make that group of people that hated me oh so mad lol .. good feeling to me and i went to 2 diffrent highschools in the same borough (Queens-Bayside,Newtown) and i run into people i went to school with EVERY day .. some say i say hi to here and there

I hate seeing people from h.s.....Ill fake the funk just cuz Im not gonna be an a-hole....but i keep around who i wanna keep around and wants to stay around.

If we kicked it outside of school or at school even, then yea it doesn't matter...catch up, daps, then be on our ways.

But like associates of associates is just *%%!$! awkward.

Even though people hate it, I think its cool findin out what people are doin now.

It depends on who it is. A lot of my friends have pretty much failed in life up to this point. Either never went to college, dropped out, go from job to job,or just don't have a job. It's awkward seeing people, and when you get asked what you're up to, you have to say "uh, I just graduated andI'm headed to med school in the fall."
eyes.gif
I HATE that. And youdon't want to ask anything about what they're up to because you already know.

But when it's somebody who you know is doing okay, it's not so bad.

They be wanting to talk like we was just cool in school,

"_ I don't know you"
indifferent.gif

This rarely happens to me though since I don't live in the same area I went to school in, but when I do go back home from time to time its shocking
eek.gif

laugh.gif
, Great thread. Normally when I encounter someone from HS I just saythe yea in college when asked what im up to but when I ask them I normally get a "starting college in (insert month here)", followed by what theirreally doing which is usually working at a department store.

Perfect example was last week when I went to the the Yankee game and ran into an old high school friend working there. Homie was around the concessions Ithought he was just getting grub until he noticed me and goes "ooo whats good what you doing here?" I respond with "
indifferent.gif
, the game, what you doing?" here he goes " O i work here"I almost bursted out but I kept my cool and asked "doing what?" he tried to stunt like he was managing something when its became obvious he was onbreak from concessions
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom