Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

I usually don’t play these type of games but I folded and have it downloading right now. I played Nioh for a little and sucked so I can imagine it’s going to take me a minute to get good at this :lol:

the way they did it was so flawless too. Even gave you the “Shinobi Executed” and let a good 15 seconds pass before he stood up :rofl:

And when Sekiro/Wolf pulled that parasite out of the ape I almost threw up. That was disgusting

it made me so mad but its such a good fake out :lol:

Couple more of my boss battles, for reference or whatever

So hard separating the two, it always seems the headless one is aggro when I'm trying to focus on the regular one.

First fight was fair and square, this time I went the easy route. A win is a win :lol:

Couple more of my boss battles, for reference or whatever

So hard separating the two, it always seems the headless one is aggro when I'm trying to focus on the regular one.

First fight was fair and square, this time I went the easy route. A win is a win :lol:

nice work man

yeah i figured the brown one might hang back more but i found both apes to be extremely agressive so much so that its very hard to find a window to attack

i saw on reddit that if u spam 4-5 firecrackers on the brown ape right when you see her it'll mess her posture up enough to where you can get a deathblow

also after the headless ape does that big overhead slam w/ the sword (which you can trigger w/ two consecutive perfect deflections iirc) if you have the loaded spear equipped you can yank out the centipede and it does really good posture damage (fills up like 1/4 of his bar)

that fight seemed so unfair at first but if youve met the criteria for that 2nd fight it happens so soon after guardian ape that the moveset for both phases is fresh in your mind and it is in a weird way easier than GA

I've been playing with the Japanese audio with English subs

My friend has been playing with the English audio and I noticed that some of the items have different names

Red Lump = Japanese
Red Soulstone = English

Pacifying Agent = Japanese
Fearlessness Powder = English

Robert's Firecrackers = Japanese
Robato's Firecrackers = English

I haven't had time to play this all week. I had planned to jump in over the weekend but it never happened.

At this rate I'll never finish this damn game. Still at the Senpo Temple area and the first area inside Ashina castle

Ohh this game is hard but satisfying.

Swords are satisfying.
Deathblows are satisfying.
Being a ninja is satisfying.
Running like like a ninja weeb sasuke varient is satisfying.
The batman hook thingy is satisfying.

about 10 hrs in and this game is grrreeat like frosted flakes.

Dying and being penalized for dying is not honestly the only downside.

If tenchu, God of War and Dark Souls raised a baby in a 2 parent household with love and care it would be this game.

the way in which ur victories feel so hard earned especially against bosses is uniquely great in this game

i wear a fitbit pretty much all day and my resting rate is usually at 65-70/cardio max out at 130

i randomly glanced at it after beating
owl at ashina castle
and i was at 125:lol:

just got to fountainhead palace love this game so much but its pretty much the only thing ive played since it dropped really need to beat it so i can move on to other stuff namely dmc5

i heard the final boss is nails so hopefully im not stuck on it forever but i prob. will be :lol:

3F4A165E-6740-42FC-AE67-B33C34B89244.jpeg

Few more of my boss battles.

Funny how sometimes I'll breeze through Emma, but other times she just kills me with the quickness :smh:. Isshin was definitely a wake up call after going through most of the game without any problems, but figuring out his attacks and beating him was pretty damn satisfying. IMO the Shura ending was the coolest.

Owl had me stunned cause I'm used to doing thrust/charge attacks so when he mikiri'd and deathblowed me I was like :wow:. Had to change up my style a bit.

Currently on NG++, doing a run without the Kuro Charm for extra XP. Trying for the platinum but the XP scaling makes it seem like it will take a while, maybe even another NG+. Still having a blast though.

finished last night

modern classic

last boss is a savage

figuring that POS out and beating him fair and square is up there w/ the highest of my (extremely modest) gaming accomplishments

im a little bit tempted to go into ng+ but this game also was exhausting so im cool til the dlc drops :lol:

ps4 ppl-

ive never had a problem recording game footage before but for whatever reason even though my settings are set for last 15 minutes when it did actually decide to record itd be like less than 30 seconds

not running short on hdd space so not sure why thats happening

anybody know if theres a simple fix like rebuilding the database or so i have to something more substantial

looked online and didnt find a solution

A couple more battles (Will share Hirata Revisited later since my bud skipped it :smh:)

IMO the hardest boss battle in the game, this guy was just nuts. Belongs in Bloodborne imo.

A skip I saw online, and was able to recreate along with some instructions if you want the easy way out :lol:

Just about to get the platinum, need to farm for about 6 more skill points or so (its nearly 65k exp per skill point). Currently on NG++ without Kuro's charm.
Owl (Father)
was nearly impossible. I had to use both the Jizo and Jinza's statue (hadn't used any prior) to squeak out a W.

I only need one more achievement to get to 100%...these skill points are a son of a *****

Here's a clip of my last time fighting the final boss...the strategy isn't pretty but it worked for me :lol:

Crazy how it took me numerous hours to beat the final boss for the first time and now I can get through so quickly

Gave up on this game. Can’t get passed the blazing bull

You can beat it...just keep locked on and stay on the move

if that doesn't work, there's a way to skip the fight that speed runners use

And just FYI...
Once you get it's health to around 10%, it will start to go into a frenzy and kill itself

^ yea, don’t give up.

Early on bosses and mini-bosses were giving me a hard time. But you’ll get better as the game goes on.

Over this weekend I beat O’ren, corrupted monk, Owl, and True corrupted monk. And I don’t think any of them took me more than 4-5 tries.

Lol thanks for the support. I give myself 3 attempts and if I don’t get it I just tell myself and get it another day lol

I only need one more achievement to get to 100%...these skill points are a son of a *****

Here's a clip of my last time fighting the final boss...the strategy isn't pretty but it worked for me :lol:

Crazy how it took me numerous hours to beat the final boss for the first time and now I can get through so quickly

yeah its pretty cool to think back to how at first certain bosses (genichiro, isshin etc.) seemed totally impossible but now u know every card theyre holding and can take them out so quick

the day i beat genich in ng i had to pick up somebody from the airport later and they were like "yo why is your voice so hoarse?"
"oh i was shouting at a video game boss/ myself for hours"

Did y’all lock on the lazing bull? Tried again and every time I’m behind him and swing my sword my dumbass character somehow glides to the front of the bull cause of the target lock and I just get hit smh

Also I just found out that I can hold b to sprint so there’s that.... all this time I was fighting the bull while walking....

Damn was the bull that hard?

I feel like he is just as difficult as anything else. At first seems impossible but when you figure it out it’s a wrap.

Throw oil on him and light him up.

I just ran around the whole time. Made sure to stay away from the head and just attacked the back legs whenever it ran into a wall.

That said...it did seem like that fight took forever, so the nerf makes sense.

The blazing bull is getting nerfed today so maybe after the update you'll have an easier time (less posture/health).

What others have said works great- just keep sprinting in circles around him, attacking when u have optimal spacing and are near his back. Use the firecrackers to stun him and attack for a nice chunk of damage.

Sorry to say it, but if you are having issues with blazing bull, things aren't going to get any easier as you make your way up the castle. Good luck fam.

Back
Top Bottom