Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Any advice for Guardian zaps?

Killed the corrupted monk and that stupid water lady, but now this Ape is giving me trouble.

Killed the corrupted monk and that stupid water lady, but now this Ape is giving me trouble.

I posted a couple vids beating em on page 2/3. Keep your distance, deflect the sword strikes, and the third attack deflected should give you a nice opening for damage. Run behind and away it to avoid terror damage.

You’ll get it...it’s all pattern recognition.

Umbrella helps if you have it - so you don’t have to try and dodge when he throws a turd at you.

If you’ve upgraded the umbrella to the purple one, that really helps...because you don’t have to run from the roar anymore...just stand in and absorb the attack without your terror level going up.

When he does that flailing roll where he thrashes around, try to attack from head or tail to avoid getting slapped up.

The nerve of these game designers...create a boss requiring three deathblows with no way to cheese a free one.

The nerve of these game designers...create a boss requiring three deathblows with no way to cheese a free one.

which boss you talkin about :lol:

theres a particular ... saintly .. boss i was pissed to find no cheese for (there is low risk way but it seemed like it would take forever plus wouldnt feel right) but ultimately im glad i beat him fair and square on the 60th try or whatever it was :lol:

I finally beat the Shenobi Owl today... bet I died at least 50 times, felt so good to beat him.

Then I beat the second version of the Guardian Ape with his girlfriend on my first try... after knowing how to fight him, it was pretty easy.

I just want to say, when this game was first announced, I was upset it wasn’t Bloodborne 2 and was skeptical... but From Software delivered again. I still want a Bloodborne 2 more than anything, but Sekiro truly took the Souls formula and mixed it up and made it fresh.

The fact you can’t summon help either really makes it feel like I’ve had to completely learn how to fight each boss on my own and haven’t been able to rely on even an NPC summon to distract a boss.

Early candidate for game of the year.

which boss you talkin about :lol:

theres a particular ... saintly .. boss i was pissed to find no cheese for (there is low risk way but it seemed like it would take forever plus wouldnt feel right) but ultimately im glad i beat him fair and square on the 60th try or whatever it was :lol:

I was talking about Demon of Hatred.

I can get to third deathblow, but then get wrecked. I’m about to use the mask to increase my attack power from 11-14 then try again.

I’m about to use the mask to increase my attack power from 11-14 then try again.
I would advise against using the mask if you are trying to platinum the game. The points needed for a "lvl up" become scaled in the late game and need a crap ton of exp per point. If you arent worried about it I'd say go for it, but ultimately you are gonna want to learn how to battle him straight up. Also if you have the Malcontent prosthetic whistle, you can use it up to 3 times to stun him for a good while. People generally use it on his third form.

My strategy above. You can also use the flame resistant umbrella to protect against his fireball toss, and later the fire wave attack.

Favorite prosthetic has got to be the firecracker (not the blue one either- the regular or long spark one). Then the shuriken for quick damage to finish off bosses.

I don’t really care about platinum so I don’t need to unlock all those skills.

Favorite prosthetic tool has got to be umbrella...probably don’t use it as much as firecracker or shuriken, but there were times when it was just so clutch.

I'm finished with Sekiro and now I'm reminded of the worst part of every From game

Anything else I try to play now just seems boring and stupid :lol: :smh:

I totally relate...as much as I enjoy some other games, and I play quite a bit, nothing really scratches the itch the way these games do.

Just beat Demon, only Sword Saint left for me now. I’ll probably be stuck on that one for the next three days.

Never played the Souls/borne games but plan to including this. Had Bloodborne, bought souls II and III since they were cheap, and will cop Sekiro in the future. Started Bloodborne... then returned Souls III immediately, gon be a minute before I get there.

I'm finished with Sekiro and now I'm reminded of the worst part of every From game

Anything else I try to play now just seems boring and stupid :lol: :smh:
I can also relate. Platinumed the game last week or so and don't even want to play games now. I'll jump back in soon though.

Last edited:
I totally relate...as much as I enjoy some other games, and I play quite a bit, nothing really scratches the itch the way these games do.

Just beat Demon, only Sword Saint left for me now. I’ll probably be stuck on that one for the next three days.

I’m on Sword Saint now... The Genichiro is easy but I can’t even get past Sword Saints first phase ...

I just want to beat it and start a NG+ damnit lol

On NG+. I was breezing through the game. In fact I hadn’t even triggered dragonrot once until now, but Owl at Ashina is super aggravating. I seriously don’t remember this fight being this hard the first time around. On NG+, dude hits super hard to where one hit reduces vitality to like 40% (and that’s with me only lacking 1 prayer bead necklace). And with increased posture damage on NG+ even with deflecting, this battle is proving to be insane.

Back
Top Bottom