Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

On NG+. I was breezing through the game. In fact I hadn’t even triggered dragonrot once until now, but Owl at Ashina is super aggravating. I seriously don’t remember this fight being this hard the first time around. On NG+, dude hits super hard to where one hit reduces vitality to like 40% (and that’s with me only lacking 1 prayer bead necklace). And with increased posture damage on NG+ even with deflecting, this battle is proving to be insane.

I had a really tough time with him on NG++, without kuros charm. Breaks posture in like 2-3 hits even if you deflect properly. I had to use like 2 (or 3, i forgot) resurrection items. Never once had to use the resurrection items in any of my previous playthroughs but he was just nuts.

^ I finally beat him. Like you, I had to use multiple resurrection statues. The combination of high vitality damage, high posture depletion, small battle area, long reaching attacks, and no perilous attacks to Mikiri Counter or head stomp to whittle away big chunks of posture make it one of NG+’s most difficult fights.

This was supposed to be my ‘Dragon’s return ending’ playthrough, but man I’m really not looking forward to fighting Owl again at Hirata estate.

Decided to go for the platinum...

Just finished NG+...save scummed to get both purification and dragon’s return endings on one play-through.

Now, I just have to do Shura ending and finish these skill points. The skill points grind at end game is sooo boring, but I’m not sure I can get the 29 skill points I need organically in a NG++ playthrough, especially while attaining the ending that has the shortest amount of game play.

Back
Top Bottom