Shady Shoe Store Employees - Can we stop it?

That is the house negro's excuse. "Quit complaining! So what we don't get paid?!?Don't rile the massa!"

Really now? Allusions to slavery? I assumed you were a troll, but you're just a straight up lame; that was a horrible comparison. :smh:

Last edited:
:lol: what the hell is a GMP pack? im so out the loop

COT DAMN. PEOPLE WENT IN ON THOSE PACKS.

I feel OP's perspective.

But, since he's willing to get political and sociological with the "house negro" reference, let me just offer a counterpoint.

You work at a chain sneaker store, you get paid peanuts, period. What do you expect most kids who make little to no money to do, if not to try to scheme on a come up? ...Even if you get fired, so what? What do you lose? Get a job at the store next to that one, making the same minimum wage...

Essentially, the employees have no incentive not to do whatever they can for a come-up. It sucks when that dynamic doesn't benefit you. But, on the flip side, on the employee 50, when you approach dude on some, I know the deal type ish and get yourself hooked up, I doubt you are complaining about them violating corporate policy then. The knife cuts both ways. (I understand one is essentially screwing the company and the other the customer, but it's same flouting of policy responsible).

So, you can pull a polorico and try to get cats fired. But, that's only going to address the symptom, not the disease. Unless the job somebody risks for some scraps or to look out for a friend is worth enough to them that they don't want to risk it, this behavior will continue. And, these jobs aren't worth that - so the "shady" employee is just acting in his rational self-interest. ...The same way a reckless cab who gets paid my maximizes his fares pisses you off as a fellow driver by cutting in and out of lanes, but is acting completely rationally in his situation. That's why I don't think this is something that's really within your power to influence. Even polorico is just playing whack-a-mole.

/Marx'd

Last edited:
Why do new members keep thinking everyone in the General section cares about their sneaker dilemmas?

Why does everyone in general act like they are above sneakers like its not the reason they joined this site in the first place?

Nothing to do with the subject at hand but give me an exotic whip over some kicks any day

Are grown *** men really tripping about sneakers, this is why my interest is waining, I enjoy collecting but all this complaining from resellers to general guys is so petty. Get your paper up for resellers or wait for the shoe market to crash and just cop then. We are in a cycle of high materialism but everything has a down side, be patient and u will be able to cop with ease. Can we please stop with these lame thread, ninjas writing a thesis on why they butt hurt they can't get sneakers when people in the world can't have clean drinking water or food sources are tainted,#getalifeorkillyourself

I remember when i was at champs waiting for the WC4s, i was second inline and got my size. The guy behind wanted a 10.5 and the guy told him straight up they didn't have any. He then said, you know how it is bro, employees get first dibs. I was like damn.

OP if you need help on finding some white/white reebok classics let me know. I got you..but dont leave too happy cause ppl will know wassup and i could get in trouble! :smokin

Why do new members keep thinking everyone in the General section cares about their sneaker dilemmas?

Why does everyone in general act like they are above sneakers like its not the reason they joined this site in the first place?

THIS.

Stop quoting all those damn pics.

CHILL. NOT THAT SERIOUS.

Are grown *** men really tripping about sneakers, this is why my interest is waining, I enjoy collecting but all this complaining from resellers to general guys is so petty. Get your paper up for resellers or wait for the shoe market to crash and just cop then. We are in a cycle of high materialism but everything has a down side, be patient and u will be able to cop with ease. Can we please stop with these lame thread, ninjas writing a thesis on why they butt hurt they can't get sneakers when people in the world can't have clean drinking water or food sources are tainted,#getalifeorkillyourself

SEE RESPONSE ABOVE.

I feel OP's perspective.
But, since he's willing to get political and sociological with the "house negro" reference, let me just offer a counterpoint.
You work at a chain sneaker store, you get paid peanuts, period. What do you expect most kids who make little to no money to do, if not to try to scheme on a come up? ...Even if you get fired, so what? What do you lose? Get a job at the store next to that one, making the same minimum wage...
Essentially, the employees have no incentive not to do whatever they can for a come-up. It sucks when that dynamic doesn't benefit you. But, on the flip side, on the employee 50, when you approach dude on some, I know the deal type ish and get yourself hooked up, I doubt you are complaining about them violating corporate policy then. The knife cuts both ways. (I understand one is essentially screwing the company and the other the customer, but it's same flouting of policy responsible).
So, you can pull a polorico and try to get cats fired. But, that's only going to address the symptom, not the disease. Unless the job somebody risks for some scraps or to look out for a friend is worth enough to them that they don't want to risk it, this behavior will continue. And, these jobs aren't worth that - so the "shady" employee is just acting in his rational self-interest. ...The same way a reckless cab who gets paid my maximizes his fares pisses you off as a fellow driver by cutting in and out of lanes, but is acting completely rationally in his situation. That's why I don't think this is something that's really within your power to influence. Even polorico is just playing whack-a-mole.
/Marx'd
THIS. That "house negro" response kinda threw me off too but, I digress.

Really now? Allusions to slavery? I assumed you were a troll, but you're just a straight up lame; that was a horrible comparison.
mean.gif
My bad, guy. Say, what's up with everyone using all the cute little faces all the time? What is this, pokemon.com or something? I digress. Answer me this; how, exactly, was that a horrible comparison? I was trying to get across the fact that these losers who say "quit complaining" or "stop crying" or "it doesn't matter, you're not going to be able to make a difference", etc are, in my eyes, the equivalent of a house negro, because in my opinion, they know that something is wrong, but are too ***** to say anything. What's even crazier is that instead of just doing them (being silent), they seem to want to have other people do like them and sit down, instead of trying to make a difference. So tell me, was it a horrible comparison, or did you just not like it? While you're at it, explain to me why you assumed I was a troll? Because I asked an honest question, and gave my honest opinion? I wasn't trying to rile anyone up, I was just stating how I felt. Do you even know what a troll is?

I tried to cop the What the Kobe's at the Boston House of Hoops and literally they had like two pairs as the rest were taken by employees.  Line was like 50 deep too.
See, this is the kind of thing I was getting at when I started this. If any person on here can read that post and say "Whatever. Who cares? Quit crying", you aren't right in the head.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have dropped the "house negro" comment. I was thinking about what else would equate to what I was feeling at the time, but just said "f it" and posted it. I was so heated with all of these apathetic responses, and I thought that "house negro" pretty much nailed how I viewed those guys leaving the "quit crying" responses. I wasn't trying to get political or anything like that; house negro is a phrase I thought described someone who is unwilling to stand up for something because they are afraid of riling the "powers that be". At least, that's how I viewed it. So if that comment offended people, that was not my intention, and I apologize. I'm actually going to edit out that comment, because I don't want the discussion to become about that instead of the original topic. 

Last edited:
Not all stores
I work for NTNY and employes have to wait in line just like everyone else
I camped for the Galaxy releases and got all my pairs fair and square.
Is stores will close personal management that runs the company down with those shady crap.
What this guy said------------------------)

Back
Top Bottom