Shady Shoe Store Employees - Can we stop it?

Hey OP, your worst experience was the yeezy 2 release?

Offer me a reasonable price :lol:

OP, at the end of the day - they work at a shoe store.

Flipping a few pairs of Yeezys is as good as its going to get for most of them. :lol:

All these companies have to do is have multiple district and regional employees at their big stores in area releasing these shoes, I know it not realistic to have someone at every store.
Honestly that won't work either, I know people who are district and regional managers, and they still hold pairs on the side for people. In the end this situation will never be stopped...sad, but really its all about connections these days. Even in corporate America.  

Sadly nothing will work. I know district and regional managers, and they still put pairs to the side for people. It's a cold game, and its literally all about connections and who you know. Given fact, its even proven in corporate America!

Last edited:
All you guys talking about "Who cares" and "It's not that serious", why even read this post or comment on it? Why even join a community called "NikeTALK (emphasis by me)" if you don't care about sneakers? And if all you care about is seeing pics of new kicks or finding info on releases, I'm not sure why you clicked on a thread titled "Shady Shoe Store Employees. Can We Stop It?". And truthfully, it's not that serious to me either. I'm not losing any sleep over this or wasting time hating on anyone. Not to mention, I've been able to get pretty much every single release I've wanted to get. I have no reason to hate on anyone out of jealousy or cuz I'm salty, because that's not me. I'm not a hater. That doesn't mean if I think certain things are wrong, I'm not gonna speak on it. At the same time, I'm not perfect. If I had access to a hook up, I'd take advantage of it. It's kind of like guns. If it were possible to get rid of every gun in the world at once and prevent people from making guns, I'd be all for it. But until that happens, I'm going to own a gun, because I'm not going to be caught out there without one. Yeah, that's obviously an extreme example, but I think you get what I'm saying. I just wanted to ask a question and state my opinion. That's what I thought was the point of message boards like these, but I guess I was wrong. It's really just a place for weirdos to hate on other people from the comfort of their own homes and say things they don't have the courage to say in real life. Gotta love the internet!

if you strike out on a sneaker you strike out. You have to put in more work. You need to network and show your face around stores. Most FTL, FNL, FA, and Champs employees are real cool down to earth people.
If you work at a shoe store you SHOULD have first dibs, period. I'm not saying every employee in a store needs to get a pair, but the ones who actually want the shoes should be given the opportunity.

The kids that work there get paid nothing and what little they do goes right back to the store when they buy shoes. The only perk they have to working there is priority when shoes come out, THAT'S IT. Let them have it. Lord knows I'd rather see what happens with releases than work at the place

OP if you need help on finding some white/white reebok classics let me know. I got you..but dont leave too happy cause ppl will know wassup and i could get in trouble!
smokin.gif
I don't need help copping any release. Period. Yeah, I didn't get the Yeezy 2s, but like I mentioned to that really cool guy who posted that picture with all the Yeezy 2s, I was over it the minute they sold out. Why? Cuz it's NOT THAT SERIOUS. It's really shameful that people can't start a discussion without a bunch of cats posting cute little comments instead of either adding something of worth to the discussion or leaving.

You know what too many of the cats on Niketalk remind me of? Whenever I go to these sneaker releases, theres always a group of cute lil' kids ice grilling me with the tough face when I show up, but when I stare at any of them, they stare away, but they start the same routine when some other guy shows up to get in line, whispering and joking to themselves like a group of girls (key words: whispering, to themselves). Yup, THOSE PEOPLE.

I worked at Finishline for 10 years and I did almost every Saturday Jordan release at my store...now i sit in line all night like everyone else... you cant get mad at employees getting their sizes first because they work there year round, im sure you have certain liberties at your own job too

The only way you can stop it is if you,your friends and family write letters to Nike about this specific store that did you dirty for the Yeezy release.

Complaining on the internet isn't gonna do anything

I used to work at a shoe store out here in the DC Area. We couldnt hold shoes at all for family and friends, All the new releases were locked in the Manager's office....we couldnt even buy them ourselves. We had to wait 24 hours to buy them at retail OR wait 2 weeks to use our discount

Foams, Js, LeBrons breing there for 2 weeks was unlikely.

All you guys talking about "Who cares" and "It's not that serious", why even read this post or comment on it? Why even join a community called "NikeTALK (emphasis by me)" if you don't care about sneakers? And if all you care about is seeing pics of new kicks or finding info on releases, I'm not sure why you clicked on a thread titled "Shady Shoe Store Employees. Can We Stop It?". And truthfully, it's not that serious to me either. I'm not losing any sleep over this or wasting time hating on anyone. Not to mention, I've been able to get pretty much every single release I've wanted to get. I have no reason to hate on anyone out of jealousy or cuz I'm salty, because that's not me. I'm not a hater. That doesn't mean if I think certain things are wrong, I'm not gonna speak on it. At the same time, I'm not perfect. If I had access to a hook up, I'd take advantage of it. It's kind of like guns. If it were possible to get rid of every gun in the world at once and prevent people from making guns, I'd be all for it. But until that happens, I'm going to own a gun, because I'm not going to be caught out there without one. Yeah, that's obviously an extreme example, but I think you get what I'm saying. I just wanted to ask a question and state my opinion. That's what I thought was the point of message boards like these, but I guess I was wrong. It's really just a place for weirdos to hate on other people from the comfort of their own homes and say things they don't have the courage to say in real life. Gotta love the internet!

There are plenty of nike shoes out there yet you're only complaining about the ones that get sold out quick (yeezy's, jordans etc). At the end of the day they are just shoes and you are not going to lose sleep over not getting a pair because someone at finishline is holding them for a friend.

I used to work at a shoe store out here in the DC Area. We couldnt hold shoes at all for family and friends, All the new releases were locked in the Manager's office....we couldnt even buy them ourselves. We had to wait 24 hours to buy them at retail OR wait 2 weeks to use our discount

That how it was and still is in the DMV, most stores at least...

There are plenty of nike shoes out there yet you're only complaining about the ones that get sold out quick (yeezy's, jordans etc). At the end of the day they are just shoes and you are not going to lose sleep over not getting a pair because someone at finishline is holding them for a friend.

See I have issue with this.

Im really not too angry about employees buying pairs but when you hold all this stuff for your buddies and such, that's stupid

That's crazy, but in a good way. I respect that. Still, it would suck to be an employee and not get ANY benefits at all. So, were you not able to even get ONE pair for yourself?

My manager makes us all wait in line. Not a big deal to me cuz I'm pretty good with RSVPing at Niketown (7/7). As far as benefits go, I get 30% off of Air Max 2013s. That's good enough for me.

too much text for my taste
Let me guess, you're one of those guys who reply to Craigslist ads asking dudes if they want to trade, even though their one-paragraph listing says "NO TRADES" in CAPS. Or, you buy stuff on eBay and wait to make a payment, even though the 1 or 2 paragraph listing specifically states "PAYMENT IS DUE IMMEDIATELY"...

My manager makes us all wait in line. Not a big deal to me cuz I'm pretty good with RSVPing at Niketown (7/7). As far as benefits go, I get 30% off of Air Max 2013s. That's good enough for me.
You only get discounts on one specific shoe? It's starting to look like the way your manager gets down (i.e. the way they're supposed to) is more common than I expected. I'm just used to seeing shadiness, so I expected it to be the way it is everywhere else. Even when I was in high school, a friend of mine's older brother was the manager at a Foot Locker, and while we weren't worrying about getting shoes on release day (this was back in 99-01), dude would get me any shoe I wanted for a quarter of dank. If I'm not mistaken, he and a few employees ended up getting in serious trouble after upper management did an audit and found out how messed up things had gotten. I'm not trying to say people should get fired or people should snitch on each other (I'm as anti-snitching as they come). I guess I just wish people did things the right way (I know, "right" is subjective). Hooking up one person or an employee getting a pair isn't messed up in my eyes; the bigger problem is when stores start "missing" half their stock due to shady employees/managers. 

That's crazy, but in a good way. I respect that. Still, it would suck to be an employee and not get ANY benefits at all. So, were you not able to even get ONE pair for yourself?

not at all. WE had to go ELSEWHERE (DTLR, etc.) I usually would get my friends to get me a pair.

Most of these shoe store employees are not getting new releases like everyone thinks. For releases like the XI's, maybe one or two people at most get first dibs - everybody else enters the raffles. Best believe there's no discount on them either. If you're the person who sells the most and performs the best at the store, the manager will let you get the releases you want, which is reasonable right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom