Shaq trade offical like referree with a whistle (Planet Orange in SHOCK)

Originally Posted by grittyman20

No money to buy that Matrix jersey....but how about a trade?

szbkvc.jpg

Do you use that thing as a bathroom floor mat?

laugh.gif

One thing Shaq would need to do right away is cut down on all them fouls and the cheese burgers lol

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

Originally Posted by tupac003

My lord those are some ugly jerseys.
Yeah because this is a good looking jersey
alien.gif

Yellow
eyes.gif

reb-7995a-3lgaau836.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Any day all day.

At least our jerseys are cut like jerseys and not shirts. And who the hell thought it would be cool to walk around with a shiny jersey on? Them things do looklike WNBA jerseys. Your old school jerseys are 50 times better then the new ones.

Steve Kerr first big move is this? Trading Amare for Garnett would've been better for the Suns. Shaq should fit right in with the Suns because hedon't play any defense either. Imagine Amare and Shaq foul totals for a game
eek.gif
(over/under at 9?).

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Is this deal done pending a physical?

i think phx is gonna give him a physical then if it looks good, they will accept the trade.

Saw this on another board and I completely agree:
What you have to have to win in the playoffs is a half court offense. Yes, you can run some, but teams like San Antonio are going to stop you from running. If you don't have a plan B, you're out, as the Suns know all to well. Having the option to use a front line of Amare Stoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal would seem - on paper - would seem to make the Suns to team no one wants to see in the playoffs. Naturally, Shaq's ongoing health issue could derail that plan before it gets off the ground, but if he's healthy you can bet Steve Nash will get him a steady diet of easy looks at the basket.

WTHAIL?

[table][tr][td]
Suns, Heat agree to Shaq trade
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]By Johnny Ludden, Yahoo! Sports
February 5, 2008[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
No longer confident they can win a championship with their current roster, the Phoenix Suns are close to completing a blockbuster trade that will bring themShaquille O'Neal, a source with knowledge of the negotiations saidTuesday.

O'Neal is scheduled to travel to Phoenix aboard a private plane Wednesday, the source said, to undergo an MRI on his ailing left hip. If he passes thephysical, the Suns will complete the trade by sending Shawn Marionand Marcus Banks to the Miami Heat.

The Miami Herald first reported the Suns and Heat were in serious trade discussions involving O'Neal.

Frustrated by Miami's dramatic dropoff this season - the Heat own the NBA's worst record at 9-37 - O'Neal had begun telling teammates he wantedto be traded but never thought a deal would come to fruition, a Heat source said.
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td][size=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/size]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
b
[/td] [/tr][/table]The trade represents a dramatic change for the Suns, whose run-and-gun, small-ball style had revolutionized the league in recent seasons. That samestyle, however, had failed to bring the Suns a championship, and team officials had become increasingly skeptical about their chances of contending withoutgiving Amare Stoudemire some help on the front line.
While praising recent improvement in Stoudemire's defense last week, Suns general manager Steve Kerr said the team still was doing Stoudemire a"disservice" by playing him at center instead of his more natural power forward position.

While last week's loss to a San Antonio team that was missing TonyParker again raised some doubts, it was the Lakers' acquisition of Memphis forward Pau Gasol on Friday that ultimately spurred the Suns to consider aggressivelylooking for another big man. League sources said the Suns also had conversations about Charlotte's Emeka Okafor and Philadelphia's Samuel Dalembert in recent days.

O'Neal, 35, still is a physical presence but seems a poor fit for Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo offense. Suns coaches, however, watched film ofO'Neal on Tuesday, the source said, and came away thinking O'Neal's strong passing skills from the high post would work well in their half-courtschemes. The Suns also have shown increasingly more confidence in playing forward Boris Diaw next to Stoudemire and think that combination will suffice whenO'Neal isn't on the floor.

Johnny Ludden is the NBA editor for Yahoo! Sports. Send Johnny a question or comment for potential use in a future column orwebcast.

Updated on Wednesday, Feb 6, 2008 1:17 am, EST

Wow. I can't figure out why the Suns would do this. Part of the reason why the Heat have been so bad this year is Shaq's inability to defend a pickand roll. He can't move his feet anymore on D, so he picks up early fouls. It's going to be funny watching the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs and Jazz run thepick and roll all day against this team.
Seriously,
laugh.gif
at Steve Nash and Shaq trying to defend a pick and roll.

wow i really dont get what the suns are trying to accomplish with this trade. oh well i guess they are going for it all now.

either way miami trying to get wade some help and start rebuilding that team

I'm curious...when was the last time a division leading team felt the need to trade away one of their key players, MIDSEASON?

xin_06050211090916893485.jpg

"Run Shaq, run!!"

shaq.jpg

"Sit down or I'll kill you!'

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Saw this on another board and I completely agree:
What you have to have to win in the playoffs is a half court offense. Yes, you can run some, but teams like San Antonio are going to stop you from running. If you don't have a plan B, you're out, as the Suns know all to well. Having the option to use a front line of Amare Stoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal would seem - on paper - would seem to make the Suns to team no one wants to see in the playoffs. Naturally, Shaq's ongoing health issue could derail that plan before it gets off the ground, but if he's healthy you can bet Steve Nash will get him a steady diet of easy looks at the basket.

yep, i agree with this too. Also, Shaq on a winning team will just make him more motivated.

Also, this is clearly a move to match-up with the Spurs. I had a feeling when the Suns loss to the Spurs (without Parker) Kerr was up to something. I justdidn't think this was something he was working on because it makes ZERO sense.

Back
Top Bottom