Shaq trade offical like referree with a whistle (Planet Orange in SHOCK)

after all Shaq did get his MBA from University of Phoenix...
laugh.gif

Update: Smush Parker may be thrown in to sweeten the deal.

laugh.gif

^Marion is in his final year. Basically, he can leave the Heat after the season is over when another team offer him up a huge contract.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I'm curious...when was the last time a division leading team felt the need to trade away one of their key players, MIDSEASON?

xin_06050211090916893485.jpg

"Run Shaq, run!!"

shaq.jpg

"Sit down or I'll kill you!'
roll.gif

Trix and D-Wade may be interesting...but not even close to enough to get them to the playoffs...

this will be the turning point trade for the Suns. They'll either get a championship or a costly failure down the road under Steve Kerr reign.

The whole half court thing would make sense if Shaq was as effective as he used to be.

Its not like you can just come down and throw it to Shaq at this point. The dude is over the hill. Hell, he's hardly ever healthy enough to be on the courtanymore.

I don't get it.

so its basically a done deal then right?
laugh.gif
i left and came back and this thread was 12 pages long!

Wow....my jaw dropped.

I don't think Matrix would re-sign with Miami...............perhaps he'd like to come to the Chi
smile.gif

for the last time, if there were a team considered making the trade it was the spurs. Unless somehow kobe learned to be a team player then the suns have noreason to worry about them, the spurs are the only team in their way

Nash turns 34 in a few days and Hill is 35, so it's not like the Suns aren't playing guys Shaq's age. and really i don't think it will hurt thesun's offense that much. even if shaq lags behind, their fast breaks are usually 1, 2, or 3 on 1 or 0 anyway. this trade makes the suns a more standardteam, which isn't a bad thing. the spurs still play fast basketball even though parker and ginobili seem to be the only fast guys on the entire team. shaqwill give them defense against different positions than what marion was guarding,. he'll also give them probably equal rebounding, and a big bodyunderneathe to match up with duncan, yao, etc. i actually don't think this is a bad move for the suns. of course that's contingent on shaq stayinghealthy and actually playing. they have 2 years to win a ring though imo with the age of shaq and nash, and maybe not even

Shaq did reach double doubles against Phoenix this year in both games, so Kerr must have liked what he saw there...well Suns fans can't complain aboutmanagement not doing anything before the trading deadline...

for the last time, if there were a team considered making the trade it was the spurs. Unless somehow kobe learned to be a team player then the suns have no reason to worry about them, the spurs are the only team in their way

kobe, team player? have you watched the lakers this season? update your life

Originally Posted by LIVE FOR KICKZ

for the last time, if there were a team considered making the trade it was the spurs. Unless somehow kobe learned to be a team player then the suns have no reason to worry about them, the spurs are the only team in their way

I guess you haven't been paying much attention this season.

Originally Posted by LIVE FOR KICKZ

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Haha, I feel like the Mavericks no longer have to worry about Phoenix.
laugh.gif

Then the Warriors will have to run half-court with Webber so that fits the Mavericks style of play.

Things are looking interesting in the West.

When was the last time a #1 seed in the West made a midseason blockbuster trade?

I also heard that the Suns were trying to prevent Dallas from getting Shaq....so I guess he's better off going to the Suns than Dallas for Laker fans...

plus the Suns aint going to win a championship with their style of play, which is what has been said countless times - why not make an adjustment in theoffense?

Back
Top Bottom