+ shoe painting tips +

is delta ceramics the same as delta cream coat?.....i went to wal-mart and all they had was delta cream coat.....im trying it now....
[/b]​

I went to the paint store today because of this post...I asked the girl a couple of questions about paints to use on shoesand to

I've tried the Acetone and Alcohol mix and it doesnt work.......You gotta go to a good paint shop and ask if they have paint thinner for acrylic......I asked the girl at the paint shop and she said "acetone with paint? That would make the paint crack so easily"

I've tried the Acetone and Alcohol mix and it doesnt work.......

I've tried the Acetone and Alcohol mix and it doesnt work.......You gotta go to a good paint shop and ask if they have paint thinner for acrylic

You can use it to clean the area to paint but I wouldnt mix it......

Peace
Get at me at Li King9@aol.com

wow... that's strange...

well, that's what i did to my shoes... i cleaned the surface with Acetone and then i applied the paint...

peace

Nope I didnt use Liqutex....I used this paint from Ace Hardware........I'll post the name when I get home.....

I think its called Home Decorates.......That MIGHT be the name
Get at me at Li King9@aol.com

i just tried the delta cream coat and put 2 coats on and there are no cracks or anything.....im jumped in them, run in them and walked around in them for like 3 hours.....i mixed it with nailpolish remover....you can get the paint at wal-mart for like 87 cents.....if i can get a hold of a camera i will take a picture and post how they look.....
[/b]​

000_0149.JPG

:pimp:
pimp.gif

My New SN is RaferAlston1111, my AIM account was destroyed-If you need a replica Jacob watch, im your man-shamgod212@hotmail.com

i've rocced my custom vii in snow, rain, sleet, stepped in snow numerous times. rocced em 7 days str8 for 8 hours str8. no cracks whatsoever
"that's just how the game goes, never burberry but you can splurge at rainbow... i kno how a groupie do ya, i tell em i'm dead broke dont let the jewelry fool ya" - joe buddens

Dr Exclusive what paint did you use to paint those ix lows and your siggy?
*edit*Also i have pics of my "custom" Af1...It is kinda sloppy to me..3 PICS!
I used Decoart on this and I DIDNT mixed acetone in it, but i mixed gesso in it and it is holdin up.As you can see in the 1st pic I am bending the front.
17652317.ptp

This doesnt look painted but it has 2 coats of Black "Metal"color.
17652220.ptp

Here is one of the front with a sock in iti put a sock in it when i was painting It.
17652158.ptp

Here is the shoe,The check is the same color,the flash makes it look light

Gesso is formulated to produce a smooth,absorbent,finely textured ground to painting on most surfaces.It is Flexible when it drys.It is kinda thick also,You can add A LITTLE bit of water to it,to make it not so thick,Which i did.

You can put it down first before painting it but make sure it is dry.Then apply the paint.But i dont know if it works with all kinds of paints.

They sell it for about 6.95 or more.
It should be at Michaels or any art store.
**But they sell different brands**

babybrat4life , what color were the original shoes? pretty nice job besides the swoosh... but that's my opinion... i like the Black though...

peace

on mine i put a glossy varnish coat but i hear matte gives it the duller, less shiny look...

peace

Back
Top Bottom