Should Justin Combs (Puffy's son) give up his scholarship?

No because he worked for it. But since his pops is filthy rich he could help another kid out.

But like others said, because of who he is. Its questioned.

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

Yall know damn well this is "news" because he's black. How many white kids from well off families get scholarships but no one says anything?

sure... pull the race card again..

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Nope, and Wilbon made some great points yesterday on PTI about this. No offense, but do rich white kids give up their scholarships to Ivy league schools and such?

Exactly.

I agree with this point.  
But he could do something really beneficial like tell his dad to sponsor a few kids on academic scholarships that otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford it.  People forget academics > athletics 

Why should he though? 

I'm playing Devil's Advocate, but I'm in the mindset of "it's HIS money and he should do as he pleases."

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

Exactly.

I agree with this point.  
But he could do something really beneficial like tell his dad to sponsor a few kids on academic scholarships that otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford it.  People forget academics > athletics 

Why should he though? 

I'm playing Devil's Advocate, but I'm in the mindset of "it's HIS money and he should do as he pleases."
I'm saying he *could.  
Education is the best investment anyone can make in a young person.  If P-Diddy doesn't want to help younger kids succeed, then so be it.  Do what you want with your money.  

I'm quite sure Diddy does scholarship and or charity work on a yearly basis. 

pull the race card

This is only being talked about or discussed because Diddy is black and rich.   

Nope, and Wilbon made some great points yesterday on PTI about this. No offense, but do rich white kids give up their scholarships to Ivy league schools and such?

Exactly.

Ivy leagues don't give athletic scholarships so I don't get the point.
 I think he should. My guess is that it is more an ego thing than anything....So he can say he got a big time D1 scholarship for sports (probably some of desire for social status and just proving to himself that hardwork paid off). There have been plenty of examples of rich athletes who aren't nearly as well off giving up their scholarship for  teammate who needed it. He obviously doesn't need to do anything and it doesn't make him a bad person but h doesn't have the character of many better men. 

He could certainly endear himself to his team by giving it up to 1. someone who needed it financially 2. so the team could use it to be better. The only real risk would be thy used it on someone at his position but each year you run th risk of being recruited over anyways.

another thing to think about. at this stage in P Diddy's career don't you think he has contributed financially to many other people who come from less well off circumstances? Why the need to riff over this petty scholarship nonsense when he put up more dough for others?

Originally Posted by oidreez

i think fame has more to do with it than race. If it was justin beiber i probably would be saying the same thing

This. Fame has more to do with it than money too.

Rich people get scholarships all the time.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Yall know damn well this is "news" because he's black. How many white kids from well off families get scholarships but no one says anything?

I did bro!
laugh.gif

But Tego has a point.

Ivy league schools don't give athletic scholarships though.....and to get an academic scholarship to an ivy league school I'm pretty sure you need a perfect SAT and high as possible GPA

I played against him my senior year of high school (his junior year) and he didn't even start. Not saying he couldn't have had a breakout senior year to earn the scholarship, but chances are UCLA is doing it so that diddy will give back to the school. If u don't believe me, google the game film, he was nothing special then.

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

I did bro!
laugh.gif

But Tego has a point.
perhaps...but this is more about whether he is good enough to deserve the scholarship when his daddy can pay for it..

funny how people always go back to race and not social status

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

If he EARNED it then no. 

that's key, and for some reason i doubt he did.

Think about it, if you are a US college where profit is everything, having Puffy's son will bring in a good amount of revenue.

what?

i doubt his son is THAT good and im sure people are just flocking in to see P. Diddys son sit on the bench
roll.gif
roll.gif

he doesn't have to give it back cuz that scholarship has nothing to do with your financial situation...

but if I was him and the team I would give up the scholarship to be able to add another player..helps the team get better for the season( and UCLA could use all the talent they can get lol)

He earned it just like every other kid with an athletic scholarship. Why would you take it away? Because his dad is rich?

I'm certain he's not the only one that comes from money that earns scholarships.

The kids that get the most sholarships come from well off families...

They have the luxury of having a stay at home parent that stays behind them and keep them on a straight path also they don't have to work and go to school like most of us so they have a higher chance of receiving better grades because of less distractions and they only have to worry about school.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Romeo received a scholarship as well
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120485166974418241.html

Percy Miller is surprised by questions about his son's abilities or the scholarship. "When you get out there and earn something, then you deserve a reward," he says. "Why shouldn't he accept a scholarship? That's like a trophy for all his hard work."
If I remember correctly Romeo was only offered because they wanted to sign DeMar DeRozan 

from the article
WK-AL195B_ROMEO_20080306183616.gif

Back
Top Bottom