Sibling Issues. Vol Too Old For This

Anyone else just does not get along with their siblings?

To keep it short... I havent talked to my lil sis since December because of what she said and her zero effort in any attempt to apologize.

We both visited my mother for Christmas break, and my mother and I were having a conversation about the chances of getting a girl pregnant on BC. My sister's contribution to this conversation goes, "I hope you do nothing with your life." My mom and I say what!? And she repeats it. There wasnt a prior argument leading up to the statement or even one after she said it. I just said "thats how you feel? well thanks for your support." It wasnt her first time saying something like that, which also led to us not speaking for awhile. The prior times we were arguing and I know girls say whatever when there's an argument so I was like whatever and initiated the communication with her again. However this last time, was totally out of the blue and uncalled for.

My dad noticed we weren't talking while we visited him for Christmas and sat us down to find out what was wrong. I told him and my sister, why we wasn't communicating any more. She then explained why she said what she said by "because he called me stupid when we were younger." :stoneface: She didn't apologize then and hasnt even tried to since.

I know family is one of the most important things in your life. But how long do you keep a family member in your life that wants to see you fail?

no pics :lol:

tbh OP, I recently just got over a looong beef I was having with my sister and let me tell you, there's no way you can succeed in life if you can't get things right with your fam. Me and my sister aren't alike at ALL, but at the end of the day I just told myself you know what, that's my sister and she's the only sister I have in the world. I can have issues with other random girls I meet outside, but my sister who I grew up with and is an integral part of my human experience on this earth? Nahh.. nothing is worth not maintaining that relationship.

I call ducktales.
Seriously though, I don't know. I can't imagine not communicating with my family for that long. 

Since my older brothers and sister don't live with me anymore,

We try to get together at least once a month and have a dinner. 

But your sister just sounds...... IDK 

I don't have siblings but it sounds like there are some deeper issues. One comment like that shouldn't create that much distance. How is she doing in life? Maybe she's jealous of you if you're doing well. Our maybe she feels like your parents like you better.

Never had that, but I have this thing where I barely know any of my family. There might be something evil with her spirit, you should kill it with kindness.

i'm the youngest of 5 brothers and none of us have really had a fight (except when one knocked another out twice
laugh.gif
 but they were chill the next morning)

i can't imagine any one of us beefing, only beef is during football and baseball season.

That's insane.
I can't imagine not talking to my sister.
We talk every single day.
Your sister needs help.

I don't have siblings but it sounds like there are some deeper issues. One comment like that shouldn't create that much distance. How is she doing in life? Maybe she's jealous of you if you're doing well. Our maybe she feels like your parents like you better.
She couldnt really be jealous of my situation or how our parents treat me vs how they treat her. At the time we were both in school, in fact the same university. Our parents treat us pretty much the same as well.

Im not the only one she has problems with though. Her and my mother always get in to an argument and will often stop speaking for awhile, her 3 roommates/teammates stopped talking to her after the first semester, she was close friends with 2 other girls from the team that lived in another dorm but by the end of the year they stopped speaking, same story with numerous friends from highschool.

tbh OP, I recently just got over a looong beef I was having with my sister and let me tell you, there's no way you can succeed in life if you can't get things right with your fam. Me and my sister aren't alike at ALL, but at the end of the day I just told myself you know what, that's my sister and she's the only sister I have in the world. I can have issues with other random girls I meet outside, but my sister who I grew up with and is an integral part of my human experience on this earth? Nahh.. nothing is worth not maintaining that relationship.

I definitely feel you on that and that's why I tried to remain brother and sister. But it's like you say the same negative thing over and over, and I forgave you countless times before. But then to say something like that without me even saying ANYTHING negative towards her and then not apologize or anything. Im not sure what else there is to do besides wish the best for her and hope she grows up.

Last edited:
Nah I'm the older brother and I love my lil sis to death, that sibling bond is :pimp:. Only time I remember being really upset is when her birthday fell on All Star Weekend and I had to miss the game :rolleyes :lol:. I know family isn't important for everyone but think like this, if you had more than one child wouldn't you want them to always fix their issues?

Im in the same boat op. I had a job that was an hour and a half from my house but 5 minutes from my sisters place. Im thinking i can crash for a day or two at my sisters to save on gas and time so i took the job without telling her. Dumb mistake on me but i figured my sister is famb so she cool with it. She was like straight up no theres not enough room. I was hurt because i thought she would have my back or at least consider the idea. Mind you she totalled her car and instead of buying a car with the check she gave me the check for my already paid for accord which was 4 years old at the time but still paid for. I didnt have to give her my car but i did as a favor. This is why i felt so disrespected. We are cool with each other now but we dont have the same relationship we had before. I still have some resentment towards her

Sister sounds like a salty beach.

If you think the relationship is worth it, try to speak with her, see what's wrong, have a lifetime moment.

If not, leave her alone, stack paper, live a good life, and check on her occasionally to see her wallow in misery.

How old are you/your sister?

I don't get along great with my sister, and she is 33 and I'm 27. She does everything perfectly (undergrad, great job, double MBA, married, kid) and she has certain expectations of how to live life. I'm more free, and don't feel their is a timeline I need to live by. I am doing my master's now at 27, will get a job, etc...but I'm honestly more concerned about the shape I am in, the way my body feels (and is improving day to day) and how the Warriors will do this upcoming season.

We just have mentalities that are so different...it's tough for us to just CHILL. She always wants to talk about what I'm doing (work/school) etc, and I just want to chill and hang out with her. It is mostly a product of her being 6 years older though. She doesn't empathize about 'feelings' since for her she went through the experience I go through so long ago...all she remembers is the result. It's been this way our whole life. In high school of course I cared about girls, playing on the bball team, friends, growing up....all she wanted to talk to me about was GPA, AP classes, college entrance exams etc.

Since she had her kid she's a bit more chill now...but honestly I'll never have the same sort of relationship with her that I see my friends have with their siblings. She is my fam, and of course I'll love her to death, but doesn't mean I'll like/enjoy spending time with her that much.

It sounds like your sister needs some attention has some personal issues to figure out. Maybe ignoring her isn't the best idea. Don't take it personally. It's not you, it's your sister who has issues. She's just projecting them onto you.

22 and she's 19 so we're not really far apart. Growing up we were pretty close though cause we were into a lot of the same things(shows, movies, sports, music, goals in life.) We were very cool up until she turned like 15, then she started to change and so did our relationship. She would literally turn anything to an argument and cuts deep with it.

Quick story :lol: : We were watching a soccer match together a few years back and like any sport if a huge or very nice play happens, theyre going to show it again in a few seconds. Well there was a huge play and she wanted me to rewind... I said no theyre about to show it again. That then leads to her cutting deep

I think she's just lowkey crazy :lol:

My sister is a beach. Hard to explain the amount of beachyness in her.

I try to stay away.

Family is overrated.

Nuff said.

22 and she's 19 so we're not really far apart. Growing up we were pretty close though cause we were into a lot of the same things(shows, movies, sports, music, goals in life.) We were very cool up until she turned like 15, then she started to change and so did our relationship. She would literally turn anything to an argument and cuts deep with it.

Quick story :lol: : We were watching a soccer match together a few years back and like any sport if a huge or very nice play happens, theyre going to show it again in a few seconds. Well there was a huge play and she wanted me to rewind... I said no theyre about to show it again. That then leads to her cutting deep

I think she's just lowkey crazy :lol:

Like the guy above me said family is a bit overrated, i have a close bond with both my siblings but if any of them pulled some stuff like that and didnt apologize id tack it up to them being bitter

And to say he called me stupid when we were younger, is why she said a comment is crazy out of bounds, well all women cut deep especially when mad, your sis just seems like she was waiting to see that

Bruh, I only have one older brother and he's not even like a brother to me. Like I can't recall us ever having any type of bond, never took me under his wing and did things I feel an older sibling should and was always mean to me coming up. Still see him everyday cause we live together but its rare if we even conversate. I have long time friends I consider more my brother's than I do my own blood

I'm an only child. I think I'm winning.
glasses.gif
You are, if you have friends that you consider famb and them as well .
We get along but we're not close. I'm closer to my friends than my own bro. 

He's never really kicked it with me. I stopped caring.

Asks me for stuff, I dont mind it, I help and expect nothing in return.

Whenever its the opposite, this dude always asks for something. This dude does nothing for free.
mean.gif

You do some grimey stuff to me, you're out.

Famb can get cut like the rest of them. 

With all due respect man... her *** is just crazy.

She's lost several friends and she tries to cut the people closest to her deep with words over petty ****.

Back
Top Bottom