Single most ignorant post on NT

Originally Posted by VegasOner

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

If you are not Gay please tell me how you know this?

Just Like, How I choose To be Straight...Someone can choose to be Gay

Im tired of people sticking up for it as if it were some type of disease or race like "It's The new Black"
indifferent.gif
This is now the single most ignorant post on NT.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Im tired of people sticking up for it as if it were some type of disease or race like "It's The new Black"
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

LOL I don't know at what point in my development where I had to choose between women and men. People are acting like it's like choosing a politicalparty.
laugh.gif
I can see people now, weighing the options.

Women:
-Cook, clean, have big breasts,

Men
-Know a lot about sports, cars, have a penis

How do I choose? This is a toughie.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

LOL I don't know at what point in my development where I had to choose between women and men. People are acting like it's like choosing a political party.
laugh.gif

Women:

Men

ohwell.gif
Don't forget you double your wardrobe if your male lover wears the same size as you.

^^^^^

So many advantages to being gay, I wonder why more people don't choose it.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Not to beat a dead horse, but again, I like how understanding y'all are being when it comes to perspectives different from your own.

In my mind, it helps to know where the other side is coming from so I can be more prepared to offer intelligent rebuttals when debating, but in your mind,apparently it makes much more sense to just laugh at how preposterous their opinion is, never paying any mind to how they could have arrived at that opinion.

Again, equal rights/fair treatment is something you're passionate about, but I have yet to see an example of something positive you're doing to'enforce' or ensure or promote fair treatment. Maybe you're doing things offline that I'm unaware of, and maybe you're doing things online,but off NikeTalk, that I'm unaware of. But I can say with confidence that you're not doing a whole lot on NikeTalk to address this passion of yours.

Originally Posted by Frijolero

If people were really born gay wouldn't they become extinct - due to not being able to reproduce.

That's how I know most fake the funk.
wow you have to be kidding. like you know this is 2009 and there are 100 diff ways for a gay couple to have a child. hell i know a gay man who wasmarried and has two kids my age. he was faking the funk alright but he damn sure wasnt pretending to be gay he was ACTING straight.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Not to beat a dead horse, but again, I like how understanding y'all are being when it comes to perspectives different from your own.

In my mind, it helps to know where the other side is coming from so I can be more prepared to offer intelligent rebuttals when debating, but in your mind, apparently it makes much more sense to just laugh at how preposterous their opinion is, never paying any mind to how they could have arrived at that opinion.

Again, equal rights/fair treatment is something you're passionate about, but I have yet to see an example of something positive you're doing to 'enforce' or ensure or promote fair treatment. Maybe you're doing things offline that I'm unaware of, and maybe you're doing things online, but off NikeTalk, that I'm unaware of. But I can say with confidence that you're not doing a whole lot on NikeTalk to address this passion of yours.
If someone were to come in here and say African Americans are dumber because all the blood that should be going to their brains hasbeen diverted to their freakishly large penises. How would you respond to such an absurd claim?

I am open to new ideas and I am all for intelligent debate ( i was having a debate with a select few NTers on the other thread) but u need to meet me half-way.I'm just saying.

Originally Posted by JuJu

If people were really born gay wouldn't they become extinct - due to not being able to reproduce.

wow you have to be kidding. like you know this is 2009 and there are 100 diff ways for a gay couple to have a child. hell i know a gay man who was married and has two kids my age. he was faking the funk alright but he damn sure wasnt pretending to be gay he was ACTING straight.
Well damn, I was wrong. The most ignorant post on NT goes to Frijoles over there. Pretending to be gay is so cool!

AntonLaVey:
23ska909red02:

In my mind, it helps to know where the other side is coming from so I can be more prepared to offer intelligent rebuttals when debating, but in your mind, apparently it makes much more sense to just laugh at how preposterous their opinion is, never paying any mind to how they could have arrived at that opinion.

Again, equal rights/fair treatment is something you're passionate about, but I have yet to see an example of something positive you're doing to 'enforce' or ensure or promote fair treatment. Maybe you're doing things offline that I'm unaware of, and maybe you're doing things online, but off NikeTalk, that I'm unaware of. But I can say with confidence that you're not doing a whole lot on NikeTalk to address this passion of yours.
If someone were to come in here and say African Americans are dumber because all the blood that should be going to their brains has been diverted to their freakishly large penises. How would you respond to such an absurd claim?

I am open to new ideas and I am all for intelligent debate ( i was having a debate with a select few NTers on the other thread) but u need to meet me half-way. I'm just saying.

Depends on how effective of a 'combatant' (for lack of a better word) I wanted to be on the topic of the absurd claim.

Something I am very passionate about, something I have made my life's work, is working with delinquents who have come from severely dysfunctional homes.One of the popular opinions of these kids is that they'll never learn; another is that they want to be the way they are, and that's why they are theway they are. Still another is that the energy spent on them should be better spent on helping those more deserving. I'm sure you know I could go on and ongiving examples of real life claims that I find preposterous. Not to put myself on a pedestal or break my back trying to pat it, but I'm very patient withthe ignorant opinions I hear regarding something I have a passion for.

I'm usually easy to get riled up if it's something I really don't care a whole ton about. I've made a fool of myself over arguments regardingathletes and sports teams, and I look back and say 'Oy vey... why would I say that?'
laugh.gif
But one of the reasons is definitely because I'm a little less cautiouswith my words, because it's not a topic I'm passionate about.

But if it were something I were passionate about, I would be extra careful in my approach and delivery, because I'm so passionate about it that I don'tjust hope I'm doing a little good; I'm focused on making sure I'm doing a little good.

So how I would respond to an absurd claim would be totally dependent on how passionate I was on the topic of that claim. Something I really don't careabout a whole ton will yield foolish responses from me and less patience from me than absurd claims on a topic I'm passionate about.

AntonLaVey:
23ska909red02:

Depends on how effective of a 'combatant' (for lack of a better word) I wanted to be on the topic of the absurd claim.

Something I am very passionate about, something I have made my life's work, is working with delinquents who have come from severely dysfunctional homes. One of the popular opinions of these kids is that they'll never learn; another is that they want to be the way they are, and that's why they are the way they are. Still another is that the energy spent on them should be better spent on helping those more deserving. I'm sure you know I could go on and on giving examples of real life claims that I find preposterous. Not to put myself on a pedestal or break my back trying to pat it, but I'm very patient with the ignorant opinions I hear regarding something I have a passion for.

I'm usually easy to get riled up if it's something I really don't care a whole ton about. I've made a fool of myself over arguments regarding athletes and sports teams, and I look back and say 'Oy vey... why would I say that?'
laugh.gif
But one of the reasons is definitely because I'm a little less cautious with my words, because it's not a topic I'm passionate about.

But if it were something I were passionate about, I would be extra careful in my approach and delivery, because I'm so passionate about it that I don't just hope I'm doing a little good; I'm focused on making sure I'm doing a little good.

So how I would respond to an absurd claim would be totally dependent on how passionate I was on the topic of that claim. Something I really don't care about a whole ton will yield foolish responses from me and less patience from me than absurd claims on a topic I'm passionate about.

You and I my friend are different. You're probably going to call me a hypocrite for this but i have no tolerance for blatant stupidity and ignorance.

BDW how else am I supposed to tell someone a gay person can't choose their sexuality. This should be common sense IMO. I shouldn't have to write methodman style persuasive proses to convince someone of this fact. One more thing you need to keep in mind with things like racism.....people don't necessarilyneed a reason to hate. If you think about it a lot of the reasons people give for hating someone's race/ethnicity/religion are absurd. I don't wannaget into why that is, but it's human nature. There are racist comments people make that I refuse to argue with them on because you can tell the persondoesn't care whether they're wrong or not.

Well, you can't tell someone that a gay person can't choose their sexuality... if you have no clue why the person arrived at that conclusion. But ifyou knew what facts or interpretations brought them to that conclusion, there are all kinds of ways you could help them see the error of their ideology.

And I'm not saying you have to counter all the racist people of the world, offering rebuttals to a racist in between every bite of food you chew. I'mjust saying that the defeatist attitude of 'Why bother? They're ignorant, and a few replies in a message board thread isn't going to changeanything' isn't going to change anything. And if this is something you're passionate about, I would think that 'This isn't going to hangeanything' would be unacceptable.

Well, you can't tell someone that a gay person can't choose their sexuality... if you have no clue why the person arrived at that conclusion. But if you knew what facts or interpretations brought them to that conclusion, there are all kinds of ways you could help them see the error of their ideology.

And I'm not saying you have to counter all the racist people of the world, offering rebuttals to a racist in between every bite of food you chew. I'm just saying that the defeatist attitude of 'Why bother? They're ignorant, and a few replies in a message board thread isn't going to change anything' isn't going to change anything. And if this is something you're passionate about, I would think that 'This isn't going to hange anything' would be unacceptable.

Ok I see u missed some of the point of my last post....so lemme ask the question to see if it helps make or break my point.

Why do you think people choose their sexuality?

*WAITS FOR RESPONSE*

wow you have to be kidding. like you know this is 2009 and there are 100 diff ways for a gay couple to have a child. hell i know a gay man who was married and has two kids my age. he was faking the funk alright but he damn sure wasnt pretending to be gay he was ACTING straight.
Well damn, I was wrong. The most ignorant post on NT goes to Frijoles over there. Pretending to be gay is so cool!

Okay well 20 years ago there were gay people right? How were they reproducing back then?

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

LOL I don't know at what point in my development where I had to choose between women and men. People are acting like it's like choosing a political party.
laugh.gif

Women:

Men

ohwell.gif
Don't forget you double your wardrobe if your male lover wears the same size as you.
Seinfeld.
laugh.gif

Okay well 20 years ago there were gay people right? How were they reproducing back then?
REFER to the other thread for scientific reasons/theories of why the gay gene persists. At least I can see why u think homosexuality is achoice.....you're questioning the genetics of it. Because you think two straight people can't have a gay child.
ohwell.gif

And this is saying a lot. People can believe what they want about homosexuality but do people really think this?

"I kinda agree with OP's theory, I've never really thought about it this way. But as someone else mentioned I think it may be a defect but you also must have the will to accept this fact. People are born without a leg, or arm and they go on to do great things in life, I think they overcome this defect. It helps that society feels bad for them but they don't want to be helped, in sports you hear it all the time. Kids with missing limbs wanted to be the best player, not the best one armed player.

But with that said I also think a lot of people act gay for the attenion. I would love to see the stat on how many people with handicap stickers are actually handicaped. Also I'm sure everyone knows a hypocondriac, I feel like they inflate their injuries to get attenion. I don't think all "gay" people were born with this defect.

Just a rant but I don't personally have a problem with gay people, but I just hate how some act. Harrasing people to march for their cause and forcing their beliefs down upon people. Let people chose, just because your a minority doesn't mean you should try to become the majority. end rant.
"

My man really likened homosexuals to handicap people with missing limbs. If I said something like this about any other "minority" all hell would break lose.
To be honest, I don't think the post was that ignorant. I have a lot of homosexual friends, I'm all for homosexual rights, gay-marriage,etc...but to say homosexuality is normal? I don't think it is. HOWEVER, is that an insult? No. Is that condescending to homosexuals? It shouldn't be.All animals are built so that they can reproduce and continue the species. Some are asexual, some have a specific organ (i.e. male and female sex organs) thathave to be used with a corresponding one in order to reproduce. However, that is the scientific build of all species. That's normal. Now, homosexuals areattracted to the same sex (in my opinion, they are born this way). Obviously, they are going against the 'norm'. Is that a problem? No. Should they beostracized? No. Its just how it is. Its the same way that child in India was born with like 5 arms and legs. Is that normal? No. Did it happen naturally? Yes.So variations from the 'norm' happen all the time, naturally, in life. I don't think the OP was trying to be condescending and as I explained it, Idon't think it is...

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

And this is saying a lot. People can believe what they want about homosexuality but do people really think this?

"I kinda agree with OP's theory, I've never really thought about it this way. But as someone else mentioned I think it may be a defect but you also must have the will to accept this fact. People are born without a leg, or arm and they go on to do great things in life, I think they overcome this defect. It helps that society feels bad for them but they don't want to be helped, in sports you hear it all the time. Kids with missing limbs wanted to be the best player, not the best one armed player.

But with that said I also think a lot of people act gay for the attenion. I would love to see the stat on how many people with handicap stickers are actually handicaped. Also I'm sure everyone knows a hypocondriac, I feel like they inflate their injuries to get attenion. I don't think all "gay" people were born with this defect.

Just a rant but I don't personally have a problem with gay people, but I just hate how some act. Harrasing people to march for their cause and forcing their beliefs down upon people. Let people chose, just because your a minority doesn't mean you should try to become the majority. end rant.
"

My man really likened homosexuals to handicap people with missing limbs. If I said something like this about any other "minority" all hell would break lose.
To be honest, I don't think the post was that ignorant. I have a lot of homosexual friends, I'm all for homosexual rights, gay-marriage, etc...but to say homosexuality is normal? I don't think it is. HOWEVER, is that an insult? No. Is that condescending to homosexuals? It shouldn't be. All animals are built so that they can reproduce and continue the species. Some are asexual, some have a specific organ (i.e. male and female sex organs) that have to be used with a corresponding one in order to reproduce. However, that is the scientific build of all species. That's normal. Now, homosexuals are attracted to the same sex (in my opinion, they are born this way). Obviously, they are going against the 'norm'. Is that a problem? No. Should they be ostracized? No. Its just how it is. Its the same way that child in India was born with like 5 arms and legs. Is that normal? No. Did it happen naturally? Yes. So variations from the 'norm' happen all the time, naturally, in life. I don't think the OP was trying to be condescending and as I explained it, I don't think it is...
Let's Dissect this post in question:

1. First he says homosexuality is a defect....likening homosexuals to handicapped people who have difficulty performing everyday tasks, cyclopsand 3 legged creatures. This is offensive.You're correct to say homosexuality isn't "normal" but it is barely a defect especially in moderntimes. They can reproduce just like anyone else by other means.

2. He then goes on to say a lot of homosexuals are faking...which one is it? Is it a natural defect or are they faking?

3. Last paragraph it all becomes apparent that the guy who wrote this quote simply has a problem with gay people and their lifestyle and culture?

It doesn't take a genius to know that

1. This is offensive
2. The author doesn't like gay people

Props on you for trying to enlighten and educate whoever said that, because trying to embarrass or belittle that person definitely wouldn't help anything.

Keep up the good work.
happy.gif
thumbsup.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"

To be honest, I don't think the post was that ignorant. I have a lot of homosexual friends, I'm all for homosexual rights, gay-marriage, etc...but to say homosexuality is normal? I don't think it is. HOWEVER, is that an insult? No. Is that condescending to homosexuals? It shouldn't be. All animals are built so that they can reproduce and continue the species. Some are asexual, some have a specific organ (i.e. male and female sex organs) that have to be used with a corresponding one in order to reproduce. However, that is the scientific build of all species. That's normal. Now, homosexuals are attracted to the same sex (in my opinion, they are born this way). Obviously, they are going against the 'norm'. Is that a problem? No. Should they be ostracized? No. Its just how it is. Its the same way that child in India was born with like 5 arms and legs. Is that normal? No. Did it happen naturally? Yes. So variations from the 'norm' happen all the time, naturally, in life. I don't think the OP was trying to be condescending and as I explained it, I don't think it is...
Let's Dissect this post in question:

1. First he says homosexuality is a defect....likening homosexuals to handicapped people who have difficulty performing everyday tasks. This is offensive.

2. He then goes on to say homosexuals are faking...which one is it? Is it a natural defect or are they faking?

3. Last paragraph it all becomes apparent that the guy who wrote this quote simply has a problem with gay people and their lifestyle and culture?

It doesn't take a genuis to know that

1. This is offensive
2. The author doesn't like gay people
OK...

1) Do you disagree with what I wrote in my paragraph? Because I believe he was trying to say what I did...but didn't say it as clearly. If that is thecase, I don't understand what is offensive about it;

2) He said he believes SOME are faking it. He didn't say everybody. And personally, I agree. Some people are confused or are acting out for attention, i.e.some of the more flamboyant, look-at-me-type people who like to constantly announce to the world that they are 'gay'. I have witnessed some of thesepeople. Unfortunately, they give a bad name for all the regular, everyday people who happen to be homosexual...

3) His last paragraph, eh. Seems like he has an issue with flamboyant homosexuals. I personally don't care and it doesn't affect me but if someone hasan issue with flamboyant people who throw their sexuality in peoples faces at every turn, that doesn't, to me, mean that person is making a statement abouthomosexuality in general...

Like I said, maybe the post in question wasn't as eloquent as it could have been but there have been many, many, MANY more anti-gay, hateful, gay-bashingpost on NT. I don't really see why you took time to single this guy out...

OK...

1) Do you disagree with what I wrote in my paragraph? Because I believe he was trying to say what I did...but didn't say it as clearly. If that is the case, I don't understand what is offensive about it;

2) He said he believes SOME are faking it. He didn't say everybody. And personally, I agree. Some people are confused or are acting out for attention, i.e. some of the more flamboyant, look-at-me-type people who like to constantly announce to the world that they are 'gay'. I have witnessed some of these people. Unfortunately, they give a bad name for all the regular, everyday people who happen to be homosexual...

3) His last paragraph, eh. Seems like he has an issue with flamboyant homosexuals. I personally don't care and it doesn't affect me but if someone has an issue with flamboyant people who throw their sexuality in peoples faces at every turn, that doesn't, to me, mean that person is making a statement about homosexuality in general...

Like I said, maybe the post in question wasn't as eloquent as it could have been but there have been many, many, MANY more anti-gay, hateful, gay-bashing post on NT. I don't really see why you took time to single this guy out...
Hmm.....I doubt he just wasnt eloquent enough to word what he said differently but it's a possibility. His wording was very offensive. And whocares about flambouyant homosexuals. You wouldn't care unless you had an issue with gay people. About people being gay as a way to act out...I like tobelieve there are easier ways of acting out than taking it up the poop shoot from another man. Anyhow thanks for the input.

I do agree partly with what you said tho....I don't wanna go into an argument about what's normal and what isn't. Also check the other thread forwhat I believe about homosexuality from a biological perspective. I don't feel like going into that here. Either way it seems we both agree it is naturaland they're born that way. Except the pseudogays that are "Acting out"
grin.gif

AntonLaVey:
Why do you think people choose their sexuality?

*WAITS FOR RESPONSE*

AntonLaVey:
^^^^NOPE NO ONE? That's what I thought...go ahead and lock this up.
Like I said in that other thread you keep bringing up:
23ska909red02:
Why can't people engage in these conversations/discussions/debates without all the 'Yeah, you're an idiot' and 'I asked you a question that you didn't answer. I win! Hahaha You're so not on my level, peion' type responses?
I didn't answer your question but I'm not interested in debating this issue... or any issue with you. I don't know you in person, andI don't know you online outside of NikeTalk, but on here, it's definitely my opinion that you lack the maturity for me to debate a topic like thiswith. You're more interested in ridiculing stupid comments and proving yourself right or awesome, and I'm not going interesting in providing youfodder. Your immaturity in debate is further evidenced by the conclusions you drew below about the homophobic quote in question. You said that he likenedhomosexuals to the handicapped, then said that he said that homosexuals are faking, pointing out that there is a gross inconsistency in his logic.

I agree, but I wouldn't be mocking him if this were something I were passionate about. My convictions would compel me to show him the inconsistencies inhis ideology, but that's just me.

Do you. Just, somewhere along the way, ask yourself 'Is this really working to serve my passion?', or maybe 'Is this really my passion, or just atopic I like to debate online whenever some ignoramus starts talking?'

You jus had to make your own post right
smh.gif
@ least dude explained why he felt that way & thats all you can ask...

Lock this crap
yes please do

Back
Top Bottom