Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

if Beasley is drafted at the number two spot and traded, would his agent demand number 2 money or just accept number 5 money?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
riiiiiight.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

if Beasley is drafted at the number two spot and traded, would his agent demand number 2 money or just accept number 5 money?
There is a rookie pay scale so this would eliminate this problem.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Originally Posted by tmukg21

There is a rookie pay scale so this would eliminate this problem.

Got to love the nba for that. I wish the NFL would get their act together and do the same thing.

Problem with the Clippers scenario is that the people excluded off of the "no-trade" list are the young players that Minny covets. Especially someonelike a Thornton, an offensive minded SF.

Originally Posted by tupac003

One possible destination for Varejao is the Golden State Warriors. According to a source familiar with the talks, the Cavs would send Varejao and the No. 19 pick to Golden State for Brandan Wright. The Warriors hold a $10 million trade exception that allows them to take back a lot more money than they send out in a trade. ESPN.com

Wright rumors again?!?
tired.gif

Props to LazyJ10 for finding this counter argument for these absurd trade proposals with the Warriors.He posted this in the Warriors OffseasonThread.
Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Even though I can stand TK, he did have a nice response to that stupid trade rumor:
There are times when you can see precisely where a rumor starts, why it starts, and why it really and truly won't happen if you just look at it without agent-bias.

ESPN.com's Chad Ford, who is good at this, tossed out a few juicy ones this morning, but he seems to be getting some weird info about the Warriors these days. A little while after suggesting the Warriors desperately want Yi Jianlian from Milwaukee and would trade Brandan Wright plus their No. 14 to get him (Deeply, deeply wrong), Ford tossed out another one:

Ford said the Warriors could trade Wright (again?) and use their trade exception to take back Cleveland active power forward Anderson Varejao plus Cleveland's No. 19 pick.

Let me begin by saying: All due respect to Chad and his relationship with Dan Fegan, who conveniently is the agent for both Yi and Varejao and loves starting Warriors rumors, but THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

I know the Warriors' thinking on Wright: They think he's incredibly valuable to their future and think I'm crazy for dangling him in my own trade imaginings. This isn't like the Jason Richardson no-trade promise by Chris Mullin last summer-at some point, we all know he was saying that because he had to honor a prime veteran… until the moment he traded him.

That's not the situation with Wright. Mullin flat out thinks he can be a great player. I don't think they're misleading me about this. They are not contemplating trading Wright and they won't do so unless it could get them back a sure-thing forward (my interpretation) and that's not Varejao.

Put it in ink: The Warriors do not consider Varejao, who can't shoot, a major up-tick on the front line. He's not a Nellie-style forward, and really, could you play him with Biedrins? No way Nellie does that.

So you're taking back his salary, giving up your TE and your best young big man and getting back No. 19, which really doesn't help much (if you realize that 14 is going to be a non-starter, too) … to make Fegan and Ford happy? Nope.

Quicker summary: Why trade Wright for Varejao when the Warriors know they can get a player similar to or possibly better than Varejao with the 14th pick, anyway, (Robin Lopez, Marreese Speights, JaVale McGee) and then you don't have to take back the $12M Varejao is due over the next two seasons?

So how does a rumor like this get out? Or the Yi rumor? There's a similarity…

Let me spell it out: Yi is represented by Fegan, who wants his client in a bigger market. Varejao is represented by Fegan, who feuded with the Cavaliers over his restricted free-agent deal last year.

Dan creates atmospheres for trades by talking big about the trades he can swing for his clients. He basically invented the "Warriors-love-Yi" draft craze last summer, which I talked about with amazement at the time, since I was sure the Warriors were never as ga-ga over Yi as, for instance, they are now over Kevin Love (who they won't get).

This is just Dan Fegan Agenting 101-talk up a scenario in the hope it happens or just creates buzz about his player and maybe causes disruption in several organizations. It's fair game. It doesn't always work, especially if you can pinpoint his whisperings and motivations.

Dan talks to Ford, clearly. A lot. He likes goosing up interest in his players and he likes his players to get to the Warriors (Troy Murphy, Richardson, Arenas, for a while Barnes). He doesn't like Wright, because Wright's arrival screwed him in two ways-sent Richardson to Charlotte and blocked a path for other Fegan clients to take a forward spot with the Warriors.

Doesn't mean any of it is true. Now, could the Warriors talk about acquiring Varejao in some other deal that doesn't involve Wright? Yes. But they wouldn't give up much to get him. I doubt they'd give up the 14th pick to get Varejao and to do that they'd have to give up the TE. That's expensive.

I think they could do better. More importantly, Mullin thinks he can do better.

Sorry I went so long. Partly sorry for even doing this at all. I try not to jump in or shoot down every random trade rumor involving the Warriors, though I still do it from time to time if the rumor is particularly egregious or has eye-opening effects on Warriors Nation.

ESPN.com throwing out Wright + TE for Varejao + pick is one of those moments, I guess. Can't wait until the next Ford-Fegan combo offering.

Originally Posted by pkballr

Problem with the Clippers scenario is that the people excluded off of the "no-trade" list are the young players that Minny covets. Especially someone like a Thornton, an offensive minded SF.

You right because Thornton along with Kaman and Brand spell our foundation.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

as for all this talk about james posey, i wouldn't take him over a healthy ariza. And, I don't like the clown anyway, so I hope he never puts on a lakers jersey
Can somebody please explain to me when Trevor Ariza became such an important and integral part of any team?

extremely athletic, lot of potential and he was in the lakers main rotation before getting hurt

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

One possible destination for Varejao is the Golden State Warriors. According to a source familiar with the talks, the Cavs would send Varejao and the No. 19 pick to Golden State for Brandan Wright. The Warriors hold a $10 million trade exception that allows them to take back a lot more money than they send out in a trade. ESPN.com

Wright rumors again?!?
tired.gif

Props to LazyJ10 for finding this counter argument for these absurd trade proposals with the Warriors. He posted this in the Warriors Offseason Thread.

Even though I can stand TK, he did have a nice response to that stupid trade rumor:
There are times when you can see precisely where a rumor starts, why it starts, and why it really and truly won't happen if you just look at it without agent-bias.

ESPN.com's Chad Ford, who is good at this, tossed out a few juicy ones this morning, but he seems to be getting some weird info about the Warriors these days. A little while after suggesting the Warriors desperately want Yi Jianlian from Milwaukee and would trade Brandan Wright plus their No. 14 to get him (Deeply, deeply wrong), Ford tossed out another one:

Ford said the Warriors could trade Wright (again?) and use their trade exception to take back Cleveland active power forward Anderson Varejao plus Cleveland's No. 19 pick.

Let me begin by saying: All due respect to Chad and his relationship with Dan Fegan, who conveniently is the agent for both Yi and Varejao and loves starting Warriors rumors, but THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

I know the Warriors' thinking on Wright: They think he's incredibly valuable to their future and think I'm crazy for dangling him in my own trade imaginings. This isn't like the Jason Richardson no-trade promise by Chris Mullin last summer-at some point, we all know he was saying that because he had to honor a prime veteran… until the moment he traded him.

That's not the situation with Wright. Mullin flat out thinks he can be a great player. I don't think they're misleading me about this. They are not contemplating trading Wright and they won't do so unless it could get them back a sure-thing forward (my interpretation) and that's not Varejao.

Put it in ink: The Warriors do not consider Varejao, who can't shoot, a major up-tick on the front line. He's not a Nellie-style forward, and really, could you play him with Biedrins? No way Nellie does that.

So you're taking back his salary, giving up your TE and your best young big man and getting back No. 19, which really doesn't help much (if you realize that 14 is going to be a non-starter, too) … to make Fegan and Ford happy? Nope.

Quicker summary: Why trade Wright for Varejao when the Warriors know they can get a player similar to or possibly better than Varejao with the 14th pick, anyway, (Robin Lopez, Marreese Speights, JaVale McGee) and then you don't have to take back the $12M Varejao is due over the next two seasons?

Let me spell it out: Yi is represented by Fegan, who wants his client in a bigger market. Varejao is represented by Fegan, who feuded with the Cavaliers over his restricted free-agent deal last year.

Dan creates atmospheres for trades by talking big about the trades he can swing for his clients. He basically invented the "Warriors-love-Yi" draft craze last summer, which I talked about with amazement at the time, since I was sure the Warriors were never as ga-ga over Yi as, for instance, they are now over Kevin Love (who they won't get).

This is just Dan Fegan Agenting 101-talk up a scenario in the hope it happens or just creates buzz about his player and maybe causes disruption in several organizations. It's fair game. It doesn't always work, especially if you can pinpoint his whisperings and motivations.

Dan talks to Ford, clearly. A lot. He likes goosing up interest in his players and he likes his players to get to the Warriors (Troy Murphy, Richardson, Arenas, for a while Barnes). He doesn't like Wright, because Wright's arrival screwed him in two ways-sent Richardson to Charlotte and blocked a path for other Fegan clients to take a forward spot with the Warriors.

Doesn't mean any of it is true. Now, could the Warriors talk about acquiring Varejao in some other deal that doesn't involve Wright? Yes. But they wouldn't give up much to get him. I doubt they'd give up the 14th pick to get Varejao and to do that they'd have to give up the TE. That's expensive.

Sorry I went so long. Partly sorry for even doing this at all. I try not to jump in or shoot down every random trade rumor involving the Warriors, though I still do it from time to time if the rumor is particularly egregious or has eye-opening effects on Warriors Nation.

ESPN.com throwing out Wright + TE for Varejao + pick is one of those moments, I guess. Can't wait until the next Ford-Fegan combo offering.

Sorry man...just reporting what's out there. I will update..
http://blogs.twincities.com/timberwolves/2008/06/walker_wants_out.html

The Phoenix Suns have put Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw on the table in attempts to either move up in the draft or secure another veteran to play alongside Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal. ESPN.com
Let go of Diaw BUT NOT Barbosa.

If Phoenix lets go of Barbosa that would be the start of their fall
frown.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

The Phoenix Suns have put Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw on the table in attempts to either move up in the draft or secure another veteran to play alongside Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal. ESPN.com
Let go of Diaw BUT NOT Barbosa.

If Phoenix lets go of Barbosa that would be the start of their fall
frown.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

Word. Dude is instant offense out there, quick, can hit the 3 ball, and does a good job of spelling Nash when he gets his rest.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Wright rumors again?!?
tired.gif

Props to LazyJ10 for finding this counter argument for these absurd trade proposals with the Warriors. He posted this in the Warriors Offseason Thread.

Sorry man...just reporting what's out there. I will update..

With the Wolves in the midst of a youth movement, forward Antoine Walker's agent said he has talked to the team about a trade or buyout
of the 12-year veteran's contract. St. Paul Pioneer Press

Nah, I understand... I'm not mad at you posting what's out there. In fact, props to you tupac003 formaking this thread and updating it often. I'm just tired of these Warrior so-called "rumors" that aren't built on facts. I'm tired ofESPN for writing something stupid just for the sole reason of their own benefit.
Anyway, carry on. This is a great thread. Everything is in one place where it gets updated often. Thanks tupac003.
pimp.gif

^Ya bigtime thanks to tupac for always updating this thread. I check NT before I check ESPN.com nowadays, I dunno about anyone else.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

im disappointed that Navarro left. Dude wasnt that bad and would have gotten better playing in the L.
Memphis has too many players that the PG position anyway. It's also Memphis. It's also less money. His move back to FC Barcelona is agood one for him.

If I were GSW and I had that deal dangling in front of me, I'd TAKE IT. Varejao doesn't need to score, and the Warriors have PLENTY of scorers. He doeswhat the Warriors need, he eats up the boards, and he plays good defense, both what the Warriors strive for. Baron, Monta, Jack, Andy, Beans = WIN.

Paul Is On Tilt its all good. I just wanted to let you know I am not over here making anything up. I just wanted to make this thread so we don't havethreads popping up for every rumor that comes up out there. I am always checking them so I figured this would help. Thank you for all of the thanks and I willmake sure to update this anytime something pops up. With that...

Memphis point guard Derrick Rose finished his workout Thursday with the Bulls and all signs point toward the hometown kid being taken by Chicago No. 1. It's no secret that Rose had been projected to be taken first but now there seems to be a stronger indication that it could happen in a week. Rose said he did not expect to work out for the Heat, which holds the No. 2 pick. Miami Herald

"I don't think so," Rose told reporters in Chicago. "All I know is that I'm here." Rose's brother and confidant Reggie took it a step further insisting: "This is our last stop." Rose claimed he had no issue with the Heat but said if didn't workout in Miami "too bad." Miami Herald

Suns star Amaré Stoudemire declined the opportunity to be an Olympian this summer for USA Basketball. Jerry Colangelo, managing director for the USA Basketball senior men's national team, said today that Stoudemire is not on the 12-man Olympic roster that will be announced Monday in Chicago. "Amaré has pulled himself out of consideration for the roster and that's predicated on, despite the fact that he's had an injury-free year coming back (from knee surgeries in 2005 and 2006), he's a little hesitant on pushing the envelope too hard," Colangelo said. Arizona Republic

A person in the NBA tells The Associated Press that Tayshaun Prince will play for the USA Basketball team in the Beijing Games. The person spoke Thursday on the condition of anonymity because the roster will be announced Monday during a news conference in Chicago. Detroit Free Press

San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich says Manu Ginobili should "definitely not" play for Argentina in the Olympics if his injured left ankle doesn't improve. Ginobili hurt his ankle early in the NBA playoffs and a recent MRI revealed that a ligament in his heel is about five times the size of the one in his other heel, Popovich says. AP/Toronto Sun

Hornets star point guard Chris Paul will be one of the 12 members of the U.S. Olympic basketball team, sources close to the player said Thursday. New Orleans Times-Picayune

laugh.gif
@ you acting like Dirk(who is 30) isn't in the same position out West with an aging Kidd running the point and a straight up "nobody" clogging up the middle
laugh.gif
at you acting like what you're saying is relevant... Dirk doesn't have an opt out clause, so what's the point of discussing it?Elton has an opportunity to distance himself from the garbage can that is the Los Angeles Clippers, and if I'm him, I'm jumping all over it. That teamwill never be relevant on a consistent basis as long as Donald Sterling is running the show...

The Mavs, regardless of how old Kidd is or how big a step back they took this season, are still miles ahead of the Clippers in terms of competing for achampionship in the near future...
Small forwards on the market include Richard Jefferson of the New Jersey Nets, Josh Howard of the Dallas Mavericks, Gerald Wallace of the Charlotte Bobcats and Tayshaun Prince of the Detroit Pistons.
nerd.gif
Get onthe phone, Mark... If Detroit wants to shake things up, try and flip Josh for Tayshaun...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
@ you acting like Dirk(who is 30) isn't in the same position out West with an aging Kidd running the point and a straight up "nobody" clogging up the middle
laugh.gif
at you acting like what you're saying is relevant... Dirk doesn't have an opt out clause, so what's the point of discussing it? Elton has an opportunity to distance himself from the garbage can that is the Los Angeles Clippers, and if I'm him, I'm jumping all over it. That team will never be relevant on a consistent basis as long as Donald Sterling is running the show...

The Mavs, regardless of how old Kidd is or how big a step back they took this season, are still miles ahead of the Clippers in terms of competing for a championship in the near future...

Got em
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

If I were GSW and I had that deal dangling in front of me, I'd TAKE IT. Varejao doesn't need to score, and the Warriors have PLENTY of scorers. He does what the Warriors need, he eats up the boards, and he plays good defense, both what the Warriors strive for. Baron, Monta, Jack, Andy, Beans = WIN.
Wright can do everything Varejao does and then some.

He just needs minutes from Nelly, that's all.

NO TRADE

Back
Top Bottom